Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
ImageThe RZA - Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samurai - original music from the motion picture [36 Chambers TSC011-LP]

Fourth or fifth spin, I’ve lost track now. It’s been a long week.
By NathanLurker
static14 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:03 pm @Nathan you’re on fire lately. :) glad you’re back up and spinning.
Thanks ! I missed long spinning sessions. Next time I have a long session like this I'll probably pull a horror list. I miss the very creepy ones that I didn't get to spin on Halloween.

Next one is probably my last one for today
By deafmetal
ImageSilvano D’Auria - La mano lunga del padrino (Long Arm of The Godfather) OST [Four Flies FLIES 35]

I really enjoy both the title theme and the “suspense” and “beat” psichedelica tracks. The various lounge and scat vocals numbers with Edda Dell’Orso and I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni are dreamy as always, but are not really the star of the show for me on this session as the other themes are just too damn good. Recommended.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:19 pm ImageThe RZA - Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samurai - original music from the motion picture [36 Chambers TSC011-LP]

Fourth or fifth spin, I’ve lost track now. It’s been a long week.
How's the pressing, mastering on this one, Deaf? Is it the solid red variant?
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 pm How's the pressing, mastering on this one, Deaf? Is it the solid red variant?
It's the opaque/solid red and it sounds good to me even in headphones. Don't be thrown off by the opening track Ghost Dog Theme (w/Dogs & EFX) as this starts off at a low volume and the added effects almost sound like surface noise (hah), but when the second track drops all will become clear. I'm not an audiophile, but I hear some distortion on the very high frequency sounds on the Ghost Dog Theme, but it might be my needle or equipment. Overall package 7/10, as I would have preferred black or transparent red vinyl and some liner notes from RZA on the production of the original music. They also messed up the tracklist on both the sleeve and the labels as tracks 9&10 are actually on side A and not on side B. All that said, the music is sounding excellent to me. I never went for any of the bootlegs cut over the years, so it's been a long wait to finally have this on vinyl. The original score was only released in Japan on CD as far as I know.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:46 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:22 pm Image
Oh brother... throwing down an all-time SJ heater.

'The days when Yanks could come over here and buy up Nelson's Column, a Harley Street surgeon and a couple of windmill girls are definitely over! What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean? The mafia? I shit em!'
The best speech from one of my favorite films. This was a bit hard to find in the US for a while and I paid a little more than I should have at the time for an oop criterion copy while I was in college having never even seen it but VERY obsessed with the idea of it from hearing guy Ritchie talk about how it inspired him. Until that point Hoskins was just Eddie valiant to me, I never knew his range or the weight of his talent. A double feature of this an Mona Lisa will knock you OUT.

It interferes with their telepathy...
By Bezulsqy
stellar spins this weekend! Brilliant stuff.

@dollar: it looks like you are using a link from the Imgur phone app. There is another link somewhere in the app to get. I always use my laptop for the pasting of the imgur link because of that.

And also still need that La Cugina!
By Dollarhyde
Will look in to it @bez. I did what I normally do but for some reason didn't work, but yes I use my mobile

Played the telemusic library after city of the living dead as parts of it really remind me of COTLD's funkier moments, but more uptempo.
https://youtu.be/BCVWvTL7sDU
Attachments
IMG_20210110_135031.jpg
IMG_20210110_135031.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 1501 times
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 am
ScoJo wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:46 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:22 pm Image
Oh brother... throwing down an all-time SJ heater.

'The days when Yanks could come over here and buy up Nelson's Column, a Harley Street surgeon and a couple of windmill girls are definitely over! What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean? The mafia? I shit em!'
The best speech from one of my favorite films. This was a bit hard to find in the US for a while and I paid a little more than I should have at the time for an oop criterion copy while I was in college having never even seen it but VERY obsessed with the idea of it from hearing guy Ritchie talk about how it inspired him. Until that point Hoskins was just Eddie valiant to me, I never knew his range or the weight of his talent. A double feature of this an Mona Lisa will knock you OUT.

It interferes with their telepathy...
100%. And every time I rewatch pretty much, I forget about young Brosnan :D This is the film Guy Ritchie always THOUGHT he wanted to make, then ends up making a mockney comic strip lads flick instead. The fackin toilet!

Fuck man, I might just have to queue this up later today after sunday lunch!

Also - yes, Mona Lisa is a stone cold masterpiece. 'Get me sammink better.... I mean slimy, nasty, kinky!'

'You're naffink! You're shit on my shoes!'
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 pm How's the pressing, mastering on this one, Deaf? Is it the solid red variant?
It's the opaque/solid red and it sounds good to me even in headphones. Don't be thrown off by the opening track Ghost Dog Theme (w/Dogs & EFX) as this starts off at a low volume and the added effects almost sound like surface noise (hah), but when the second track drops all will become clear. I'm not an audiophile, but I hear some distortion on the very high frequency sounds on the Ghost Dog Theme, but it might be my needle or equipment. Overall package 7/10, as I would have preferred black or transparent red vinyl and some liner notes from RZA on the production of the original music. They also messed up the tracklist on both the sleeve and the labels as tracks 9&10 are actually on side A and not on side B. All that said, the music is sounding excellent to me. I never went for any of the bootlegs cut over the years, so it's been a long wait to finally have this on vinyl. The original score was only released in Japan on CD as far as I know.
Good to hear, Deaf, and thanks for the full report. I'll be curious to hear if others note similar distortion; I've experienced issues of that ilk with GOD pressings in the past. And you're correct about the Japanese CD. I owned one for quite some time before ripping it lossless and moving it on. It's such a great score.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:14 pm
deafmetal wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Good to hear, Deaf, and thanks for the full report. I'll be curious to hear if others note similar distortion; I've experienced issues of that ilk with GOD pressings in the past. And you're correct about the Japanese CD. I owned one for quite some time before ripping it lossless and moving it on. It's such a great score.
I think mine is due to land tomorrow :)
By ScoJo
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG (335.94 KiB) Viewed 1464 times

Have already piped in with my feelings about this, as far as it being a not entirely satisfactory listening experience but definitely an interesting one, which I'll be spinning plenty to see if it grows on me.

However, one thing does now strike me - what a lovely project it is from a 'friendship' point of view, in terms of Zittrer calling upon his old buddy and frequent collaborator Zaza to assist him in expanding the pulled film music into a full album listening experience. Very cool!
Last edited by ScoJo on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By reddye6
Stelvio Cipriani ‎– Gli Orrori Del Castello Di Norimberga (Baron Blood)
Attachments
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1460 times
By static14
Todays spins so far.
Attachments
7B6E1132-1859-456E-9F69-3DCEC3470BA0.jpeg
7B6E1132-1859-456E-9F69-3DCEC3470BA0.jpeg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1454 times
BEE66E96-E6C0-426C-A4AD-F7401E931E45.jpeg
BEE66E96-E6C0-426C-A4AD-F7401E931E45.jpeg (856.72 KiB) Viewed 1454 times