Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
Great stuff, ScoJo!

Didn‘t know that Dernier Domicile has received the full LP treatment (thought there was only a 7“ from the late 60ties when the film came out). Great score (and the string part of the main theme was heavily used in Robbie Williams‘ song Supreme).
By ScoJo
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm Great stuff, ScoJo!

Didn‘t know that Dernier Domicile has received the full LP treatment (thought there was only a 7“ from the late 60ties when the film came out). Great score (and the string part of the main theme was heavily used in Robbie Williams‘ song Supreme).
Yes, it's a white label boot Chris - full LP for first time. Sounds pretty good, quite a bright mastering job. Love the score but then fuckit, I love every damn thing FDR ever did haha! He's definitely my main man.

Oh and please don't remind me about the RW sampling thing.... ugh. He wasn't the only one either.
By ChrisMcQueen007
ScoJo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:43 pm
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm Great stuff, ScoJo!

Yes, it's a white label boot Chris - full LP for first time. Sounds pretty good, quite a bright mastering job. Love the score but then fuckit, I love every damn thing FDR ever did haha! He's definitely my main man.

Oh and please don't remind me about the RW sampling thing.... ugh. He wasn't the only one either.
Good to know! Will look into this full LP asap.
static14 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:20 pm :) i’m all over the 4k uhd release. I think i’m gonna avoid the theater for some time sadly. :(
I totally get that. I think it'd be quite a while before they release it to theaters anyways with everything happening.
By Bezulsqy
WW004

I remember the time that I wanted all five versions of their first pressing. I am glad I never really went after those so I could spend my money on other releases I did not have.
As a collector I understand one would like all version of a release, but with the amount of variants being created it feels like a waste of money. Unless you have tons of cash to spare. Or of course really love collecting those for whatever reason. I have some different variants and now I buy Japanese versions of records I already have. So I do understand the appeal of a different cover/color wax. But with so many titles being released I can only spend my money once and I rather get titles I did not already have.