Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Having a bit of an admin day, and catching up with some recent moody film+TV scores...

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1014 times
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1014 times
FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg (1007.91 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1014 times
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm I have seen First Reformed and liked it but it was not what I was expecting. Expected more. Cannot remember the score though.
It's extremely ambient Bez - very subtle, rumbling and droning - I dig it. Kinda hitting my current mood perfectly .

I really thought the film was brilliant, and I've been waiting a good while to revisit it, when I'm in the right mood. Might be today!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:09 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm I have seen First Reformed and liked it but it was not what I was expecting. Expected more. Cannot remember the score though.
It's extremely ambient Bez - very subtle, rumbling and droning - I dig it. Kinda hitting my current mood perfectly .

I really thought the film was brilliant, and I've been waiting a good while to revisit it, when I'm in the right mood. Might be today!
It sounds like something I enjoy also, however I don't have enough time to listen to records as it is and the moments I do I prefer some less subtle tunes like that Italian seventies sound.
By inksb
My wife has been obsessed with Mica Levi's soundtrack to Jackie. I was thinking of getting her Monos as a Xmas gift. She's been bugging me about getting her own box to put records in and I keep telling her no because she's just going to take records out of my collection and put them in her box and I'll never be able to find them. I folded and I'm making her a nice record box for Xmas and going to load it up with a few records for her to start her own collection.
By texasvinyl
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 pm An incredibly kind soul that I chat with on IG sent this to me yesterday. I'm blown away by his kindness and when I offered to send him any of my records in return he said he didn't want anything for it. He wouldn't even let me pay for shipping. This thing is insanely hard to come by and the only copies I see for sale on ebay run over $200 on a regular basis and some are even at $300.

Secret of Mana is one of my favorite SNES games and one of the best soundtracks on the system as well. I was spinning it late last night and even put it on this morning before leaving for work.
Sweet!!! Both discs? That is a super generous gift.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm Sweet!!! Both discs? That is a super generous gift.
Yup, both discs. I just didn't post a photo of the other one. Yeah I couldn't believe it, I tried to tell him no but he refused and sent it anyways. So I'm eternally grateful to the individual.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:46 pm
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm Sweet!!! Both discs? That is a super generous gift.
Yup, both discs. I just didn't post a photo of the other one. Yeah I couldn't believe it, I tried to tell him no but he refused and sent it anyways. So I'm eternally grateful to the individual.
Maybe he's the dude who is pressing them? ;-)
By Hatter313
That Joel grind record tho.....

Straight fire
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:38 pm:)
Yay... so glad these have arrived safely in Chris' hands. Always a bit hair-raising since there are no spares of these lathe editions, and folks have invested a not-insignificant wedge of green in a copy.

As ever, huge gratitude to Chris for his time and effort brokering their passage to save folks a few bucks.

I can't wait for you guys to get this anyway, labour of love certainly describes it ;)