Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
That be the 2000 Dagored pressing @inks - funnily enough just sold mine, since I have both the OG uk EMI and the DWRC. Be nice to pick up a Cinevox or Odeon gatefold one day with the pop-up insert ;)
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 pm Halt and Catch Fire Vol 2

IMG_1115.JPG
@Sojo, how's vol 2? it's on my list to pick up at some point. Really enjoy vol 1. reminds me of TD's MIracle Mile in places.
By ScoJo
tim28212 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 pm
ScoJo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 pm Halt and Catch Fire Vol 2

IMG_1115.JPG
@Sojo, how's vol 2? it's on my list to pick up at some point. Really enjoy vol 1. reminds me of TD's MIracle Mile in places.
I'm seriously biased Tim as I adored this show, and the music - would happily buy 10x volumes of this stuff ;)
In any event, it's really lovely and yes lots of MM/Risky Business feels on this one and the pressing is superb.
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:41 pm @Nate, how is the score to The Dead Don't Die?
For a movie that is as absurd as it is, the score seems very influences by classic, slow pulsating, scombies scores. It's close to the sound of ONly Lovers Left Alive, but switch Josef Van Wissem's ethnic influence for a low fi synth zombie pulse sound. Also, the vinyl doesn't include the theme song (which is a good thing ;) )

Time to catch up on 3 days of

ONE MODERN HORROR SCORE A DAY
DAY 18
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:26 pm
For a movie that is as absurd as it is, the score seems very influences by classic, slow pulsating, scombies scores.
'...scombies...'

:-D

Are a thing? Yikes- the mind boggles.
By ScoJo
I do loves me some combo folksy-mellow/grinding lowfi synth-murk/bizzaro funk soundtrack to an early 80s Pittsburgh rural abduction death cult horror flick. Most surely I doos.

I will do a Comparison Corner on this one day, I swear!

IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 1222 times
By ScoJo
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1118.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1210 times
Angel's Egg - Yoshihiro Kanno
Animage, 1985

Tip o'the cap to @dollarhyde for putting this beauty my way :)
By inksb
Some killer spins today gentlemen. @ScoJo, I want the Angel's Egg LP so bad. I have a cassette of the score but still want the LP.

Aside from listening to The Keep twice today, I listened to a few Tangerine Dream albums digitally that I had never heard before (admittedly, my TD knowledge is pretty lacking outside of a few albums).

And I 've been spinning this beauty as well

By static14
I’m so torn on that Beyond composer’s cut. I love the score but there is all ready so much repetition on the album I have. I imagine there’s even more on the expansion.
By inksb
static14 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:06 pm I’m so torn on that Beyond composer’s cut. I love the score but there is all ready so much repetition on the album I have. I imagine there’s even more on the expansion.
I love The Beyond score, I don't have the original on vinyl, just CD and digital which I don't really listen to all that much. So I can't speak to how repetitive it is compared to the original but on my first few listens it feels a little more diverse but I'll let some one else more familiar with every bit of the score do a more detailed break down.

Also the recording sounds fantastic. Cadabra impresses again with pressing quality.