Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
Yeah it's amazing, I think that adding Stephen O'Malley from Sunn O))) on guitar really added a lot to it. The love theme is cathartic amongst the nightmarish, existentialist cues. There's something dreadful about it. it's weight, or something.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm How is the Nicolai have not heard that one
They have 4 of the songs on their bandcamp to sample. I liked what I heard. I'll order this eventually, it's just not high priority at the moment.

edit: now I'm curious, as this youtube video says it's the full soundtrack and it's just those 4 songs. @bez, what is the track list on that?

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:43 pm
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm How is the Nicolai have not heard that one
They have 4 of the songs on their bandcamp to sample. I liked what I heard. I'll order this eventually, it's just not high priority at the moment.

edit: now I'm curious, as this youtube video says it's the full soundtrack and it's just those 4 songs. @bez, what is the track list on that?

Excellent score! Great quality pressing.
Attachments
9E06187E-FBD7-43D7-B932-180776C52BDF.jpeg
9E06187E-FBD7-43D7-B932-180776C52BDF.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1174 times
By Hatter313
tim28212 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:42 am early morning spin
You know what....I think I’ll join you
By ScoJo
Now playing, hee hee....

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1118 times

... while I finish hand-making/antiqueing the sleeves for Let's Scare Jessica to Death. (Due imminently!)

I've really gone to town on this one as a 'faux release/art' project.. it's going to tweak a few of your OCD melons I'm afraid ;-)
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:16 pm
tim28212 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:53 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:15 am
I snagged this for $9 recently on discogs and it finally showed up. So happy to have discovered it, I can't remember who (maybe @tim?) posted it a few months ago and I was immediately sold on it from sampling it on youtube, Happy to finally have a good clean copy.
Down Twisted is so good. Even though it isn't Tangerine Dream (I'm still not convinced), any fan of TD should have this in their collection. :)
What's the story with this one? I can't find any info on it, Berlin Game isn't a band. The only thing I can find on discogs is that it's an alias for Eric Allaman, who's only other record credit is Elvira's Haunted Hills. His website (which is hilariously dated) says he's responsible for a small amount of music in the mid 80's then does nothing until mid 00's.
Thrills me that I continue to be partly responsible for bringing this great score to lots of youz guys attention. One of my great discoveries during the DFC :)

Down Twisted for the win, crappy synth horns n' all!
By ScoJo
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:47 pm Sorry not clear. Will your faux antiquing include seam splits? Fine by me, just don’t misprint the spine text like the Italians seem to do. Flips my shit.
I guarantee there will be no tomfollery with misprinting of the sleeve, JM. I mean, I'm not an asshole maniac! *

(* or Italian)
By Hatter313
There are some legit great shots in the seventh sign. The snow covered village, etc. And Prochnow kills it as always.
By ScoJo
Agreed. It feels like there's a much more satisfying/classy film just desperate to get out. It looks and sounds fabulous, the script just gets a bit clunky and on the nose if i recall.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:50 pm Agreed. It feels like there's a much more satisfying/classy film just desperate to get out. It looks and sounds fabulous, the script just gets a bit clunky and on the nose if i recall.
100%, It’s not just on the nose, it is the nose.

I also think it could have gone one of two ways, elevate the class or go super weird, and it just shoots for the middle. But a solid watch every couple of years for sure. For some reason last year I did a double feature of this and Nomads...no idea why.