Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 pm I like your theme today @bez keep it up :)
Thanks. But I am done spinning for the next week. I am taking a small holiday within my own country. Going to the Dutch coast, dipping in the Nordsea, walk through dunes, on beaches and through shrubbery..
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm
inksb wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 pm I like your theme today @bez keep it up :)
Thanks. But I am done spinning for the next week. I am taking a small holiday within my own country. Going to the Dutch coast, dipping in the Nordsea, walk through dunes, on beaches and through shrubbery..
Enjoy your holiday. Sounds quite nice. I haven't been spinning much this week and won't for the following week either unfortunately. I heat my house with wood during the winter, I just received a huge truck load of logs that need to be cut and split. I started on it last night and will continue for the foreseeable future until it gets too hot work.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:18 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm
Enjoy your holiday. Sounds quite nice. I haven't been spinning much this week and won't for the following week either unfortunately. I heat my house with wood during the winter, I just received a huge truck load of logs that need to be cut and split. I started on it last night and will continue for the foreseeable future until it gets too hot work.
@Bez: Yes, enjoy your holiday! Sounds like a really nice break.

@Inksb: That seems like hard work - but it is a job that obviously needs to be done.
By inksb
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:13 pm @Inksb: That seems like hard work - but it is a job that obviously needs to be done.
It definitely is but it yields me about two years worth of wood, so it's a work my ass off one summer and take the next off situations. And it saves me a ton of money. If I were to heat my house with a fuel oil it would cost me between $1400-$1600 per year and that's if I keep it pretty cold. A log load of firewood costs $700 for two years.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:13 pm @Inksb: That seems like hard work - but it is a job that obviously needs to be done.
It definitely is but it yields me about two years worth of wood, so it's a work my ass off one summer and take the next off situations. And it saves me a ton of money. If I were to heat my house with a fuel oil it would cost me between $1400-$1600 per year and that's if I keep it pretty cold. A log load of firewood costs $700 for two years.
Makes sense. And I can imagine that it must bring you some satisfaction when you enjoy your warm house and the fruits of your hard work in the winter together with some records that you otherwise would not have bought.
By inksb
bpwlogan wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:30 pm
Hope your C.H.U.D.II pressing was better than mine Inks the one I received is just fair at best.
I only put it on in the background while doing stuff around the house, I didn't notice any issues. What wrong with your copy? Low quality sound? surface noise?

Also what's that record you are listening to there?
By bpwlogan
Playing now Morricone: Gli Occhi Freddi Della Paura.

My C.H.U.D.II. is mastered really good but the pressing has a fair amount of surface noise on side 2 it's not enough to request a replacement but it's a little bit of a disappointment for sure.
By bpwlogan
20200610_192305~2.jpg
20200610_192305~2.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 3082 times
I usually could care less about this colored vinyl nonsense, but this is one drop that I really wanted. I believe the colored variant on this release was a sky blue black mix and it sold out in a minute or two. Regardless, this black pressing sounds really good and I'm happy with it.