Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:23 am
Thankyou for the tip off @scojo

Just copped this along with 'the air seller' as a two record bundle from their bandcamp.

'the air seller' is sounding rather lovely indeed also, getting some 60's spy jazz vibes :)
Turns out that The Air Seller is every bit as awesome as Alice... but in a different genre- lovely low key Russian jazz with great female vocals, moody organ breaks and (surprisingly considering it's from '67) some electronic atmospherics! A total gem that gets better with each play.

You have a couple of real killers on the way, @dollar :)
By Dollarhyde
@scojo, can't wait they are in transit. I've been bumping the digital from bandcamp, still not the same as spinning the wax though. Right up my 60's electro jazz alley.

@inks I'm waiting on doubles for a couple of the iczer one LP's, my copies are missing the bonus B2 posters and stickers ;). Happy to move my spares on to you gratis if you can cover shipping costs PM if you are interested.
By Dollarhyde
@revolver, yes great record indeed. It's like 80's concentrate. :D

Have you tried yahoo japan auctions or some Japan webshops, like snow records or mandarake, if you're lucky you can grab stuff like this cheap, but then there is always the shipping.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:51 pm @revolver, yes great record indeed. It's like 80's concentrate. :D

Have you tried yahoo japan auctions or some Japan webshops, like snow records or mandarake, if you're lucky you can grab stuff like this cheap, but then there is always the shipping.
Thanks for the heads up on Snow Records, I haven't been to their site before and their shipping isn't terrible if you are grabbing a few records to make it worth it.
By Dollarhyde
@revolver and @inks. I've not actually bought from snow records so can't comment on Thier service but They have A LOT of records, and at cheap prices, I don't know how afton they update the store. I've bought a lot from mandarake over the years, (brilliant and truly pro service) which is actually a collection of smaller stores, they update at least once a week, sometimes daily. Otokichi.com is another, although a rather primitive website they have a great personal and friendly service and although the vinyl section is not updated so much they put up some real obscurities and bargains.
By ScoJo
Killing it this morning - not sure if it's legit, but beautiful all the same. Collects earliest recordings by first incarnation of TD (The Ones), a couple of Pink-Floyd-ey psych rockers, then the first TD single Ultima Thule which I've never heard and is GREAT, and a couple of other very early tracks including a soundtrack to a theatre show! Comes is a screen printed heavyweight overbag with lots of liner notes, on clear wax. Firing up my feels on all fronts!

IMG-1448.jpg
IMG-1448.jpg (610.24 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
By NathanLurker

I don't think I've seen other people playing this one. It's something I picked up in a used record bin at a store I don't usually go to, if I remember correctly, and I just picked it up because it's Micalizzi. It's a double soundtrack release, Side A has the score to the drama L'ultima neve di primavera aka The Last Snows of Spring, 1973. Side B has the score to l'albero dalle foglie rosa aka The Tree With Pink Leaves, 1974, another drama.

it's a bit pedestrian, it's got that italian melodramatic thing, very classical and cheesy made for TV sound. It's definitely not essential, I wouldn't really recommend to track this down, but it's not without interest, you can recognize the Micalizzi touch, and some parts of side B has nice touches and textures, it's very much better than side A. might even have some parts reminescent of dramatic moments in sexy thrillers. I find the format interesting, a double bill of movie score on each sides of a LP, even though we obviously prefer to have complete scores, I think that when I crate dig for used records, and find these minor works of composer, that format is kinda neat. I also enjoy the, sort of, academic exercise in exploring the works of composers we've enjoyed cult movie scores from.
By texasvinyl
That cover is a trip. Looks like that kid went through some shit!! Ski trip, fun times with real dad, evil step dad macking on his mom. And presumably a skiing accident and hospital stay.
By inksb
I'm thrilled to have this in the collection. By far my favorite release from TLV 2019 sub. I will say the variant colors have been quite disappointing Elfen Lied and Death Note look almost the exact same. This one only side C has a nice look, side D just has a very faint darker purple where the light color on side C is. LP1 looks like they tried to do the same thing but my copy only has a very faint hint of the light color in the middle, it's mostly just purple.

By tim28212
almost the middle of January and this is my first spin of 2020
Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Jerry Goldsmith
La-La Land Records ‎– LLLLP 2003
Attachments
P1113286.JPG
P1113286.JPG (203.38 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
By tim28212
The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - The Complete Recordings - Howard Shore
Reprise Records ‎– RCV1-563589
Attachments
P1113300.JPG
P1113300.JPG (183.52 KiB) Viewed 1272 times