Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
Seriously, that's amazing. Think I will throw the DW one on later.

New year, new tunes.
20200103_123040_resize_26.jpg
20200103_123040_resize_26.jpg (76.72 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
By NathanLurker
@Chris, you, with your long play and holy grail. OG pressing, sexy black…every sort of filth...

@Bub: nice ! I never listened to that I think, but I have it on Its way to me in the mail. Blind buy. How is it ?
By Bub
Nathan, it was basically a blind buy. I did sample some stuff on YouTube beforehand to get an idea though. But how can you go wrong with that cover! I'm digging it. It has the Italian stuff you would expect with some anthem type deals towards the end. The A side is interesting as it begins kinda countryish & then it goes into tasty electronic experimentation. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.
By Bub
Ha no shame in that. There's plenty I haven't seen myself. The 2nd is similar to the first except it takes place in a condominium. Well worth a late night watch on a weekend.
By inksb
Bub wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm Ha no shame in that. There's plenty I haven't seen myself. The 2nd is similar to the first except it takes place in a condominium. Well worth a late night watch on a weekend.
Shameful because I have watched many Italian horror films over the years, I've seen Demons and the other "sequels". I even have a DVD copy of 2. I just haven't sat down to watch it. I was waiting for a good price on the bluray years ago when it came out but kind of stopped watching for a good price. I will watch it eventually :)
By Bub
Alright I see your point ;)

These new Beat Records releases are great with their inclusion of full colored liner notes.
20200103_152755_resize_95.jpg
20200103_152755_resize_95.jpg (87.39 KiB) Viewed 973 times
By Bub
inksb wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:22 pm That one is high on my list @bub. How does it sound?
Sounds fantastic, Inks. I ended up with black on that one. It has a couple of vocal numbers that can only be pulled off in the late 70/early 80's but overall it's great.

I used to find it odd how the center labels on these early DW releases were just plain with the DW logo. Perhaps it was done to order in bulk to use for multiple releases.
20200103_174806_resize_59.jpg
20200103_174806_resize_59.jpg (136.14 KiB) Viewed 952 times
By inksb
Great spins today @dollar! How is that CAM record? I have a few different ones on my wantlist on discogs but they are always above the price I want to pay.
By Dollarhyde
inksb wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:51 pm Great spins today @dollar! How is that CAM record? I have a few different ones on my wantlist on discogs but they are always above the price I want to pay.
I love it, it's one of the CAM 'PRE' series. Only 9 were released in the series. They were released as library records but also are titled, and are, OSTs. This one is a split with an OST on each side, both by Stefano torossi 'È Stato Bello Amarti' and 'Omicidio Per Vocazione'.

They are both very 60s sounding jazzy scores, Omicidio is more Giallo sounding. really great record.
For Italian libraries, and OSTs Ive seen it for a reasonable price, but that still is expensive ;P if you can score it for two digits then that is a real bargain!

Although not entirely many of the main CAM CML series of libraries contain tracks from unreleased Italian OSTs.

Looking on discogs there a more than a few of metti un a Sera a Cena going for a good price, VG+ though. One of Morricone and bruno's best imo.

@Deaf it absolutely is, pretty sure this is essentially a vinyl rip pressed to wax, it's a shame they can't find the masters. Still a brilliant release as scoring an og will set you back a few :O
By deafmetal
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:49 am@Deaf it absolutely is, pretty sure this is essentially a vinyl rip pressed to wax, it's a shame they can't find the masters. Still a brilliant release as scoring an og will set you back a few :O
Yeah, I also have that reissue. Good enough for me right now.
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.