Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
^ that is another one I really crave! Could use another reissue.

I forgot to play this one… been sitting in cellophane for a while.
Attachments
0E929210-2556-46E6-BAD6-10141572852B.jpeg
0E929210-2556-46E6-BAD6-10141572852B.jpeg (946.5 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
By inksb
Yeah I was listening to Colpo Rovente on youtube the other day. Wish I had known about the reissue when it came out years ago. It's a bit pricey these days.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm Yeah I was listening to Colpo Rovente on youtube the other day. Wish I had known about the reissue when it came out years ago. It's a bit pricey these days.
I was not aware the reissue was getting that expensive. Hopefully, they will repress it again. I believe this was another gem I pulled from the LitA fire sale at MondoCon. Those were the days.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:07 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm Yeah I was listening to Colpo Rovente on youtube the other day. Wish I had known about the reissue when it came out years ago. It's a bit pricey these days.
I was not aware the reissue was getting that expensive. Hopefully, they will repress it again. I believe this was another gem I pulled from the LitA fire sale at MondoCon. Those were the days.
If it's no longer in print the new status quo is mark it up 100-300% of the last sale on discogs. Then repeat and increase after each sold. We live in fun times when it comes to record "value"
By 334578rpm
I'll also give May a spin.
I guess the composer was at one of my local record stores this past RSD signing copies (she either lives here or is from here).
I didn't go out and didn't find out about it until a couple days later. Oh well...
Attachments
PXL_20220604_024222173.jpg
PXL_20220604_024222173.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1235 times
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:41 am Image
This is truly a perfect album. I finally watched the movie not too long ago and was very pleased with the version of the story there, but the score is perfect. Need a digital rip off this for the night time drives.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:57 pm
This is truly a perfect album. I finally watched the movie not too long ago and was very pleased with the version of the story there, but the score is perfect. Need a digital rip off this for the night time drives.
Agreed, I think it's a fine movie. I'm big on the director Ivan Passer (Intimate Lighting, Cutter's Way).

It certainly makes an illuminating companion to Ken Russell's Gothic!!
By Hatter313
Gothic is a trip, but all of Russell is a trip i guess.

Passer made that movie Creator with Peter O'Toole that I find weirdly compelling and strange, it can't decide what kind of movie it wants to be but O'Toole gives it i his all as usual.

I remember his Kidnapped from when i was a kid, should revisit it, didn't realize that was him.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Wonder how many copies on discogs were sold due to this fine forum, must be dozens.
It is a wonderful score.

Interesting about the night time drives, @Hatter - that thought didn’t cross my mind before as I would normally think of something synth driven for that but actually yeah, why not.
By tim28212
I think by now everyone knows how I feel about this score. Nothing but love. I may have to spin it this weekend.
By Hatter313
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Wonder how many copies on discogs were sold due to this fine forum, must be dozens.
It is a wonderful score.

Interesting about the night time drives, @Hatter - that thought didn’t cross my mind before as I would normally think of something synth driven for that but actually yeah, why not.
I definitely picked up my copy due to this forum.

and yeah I love a synthy night time drive but sometimes you want something else and this could be the right vibe.
By inksb
I'm impressed Mothra arrived so quickly, how does it sound?

After 4 weeks of my copy of Perfect Blue never being scanned into USPS I tried getting TLV to look at my order to find out what is going on with it, for those that don't know they use 2HD as their shipping company. 2 weeks of emails ignored from their customer service, so I ended up reaching out to Jon directly who took care of the issue asap. Funny thing is that 2HD claimed there was an issue with my order then said that package was lost by USPS. That guy has lost 4 of my last 6 orders from him, now I haven't had a single package go missing in the USPS system from anyone else since the beginning of the pandemic when shit was in shambles. There's only one common denominator here and it feels personal lol.
By ScoJo
My stack from today's long awaited listening session.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 962 times

Hyperborea [1983] - Tangerine Dream

This was a surprise - a friend rang me from a record fair at the weekend and asked if I needed this. I immediately said no, but then checked and it turns out I didn't have it! Which is really surprising to me, considering the era which is the 2nd golden age of TD for me. This one has some familiar tracks, no idea where I know them from, maybe a live LP? Very much between White Eagle style and the mid-80s soundtracks like Flashpoint and Heartbreakers, it's great stuff. Even being a huge fan, I've almost deliberately kept back some TD treats to spread out over the years (more on that below...)

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 962 times

I was prompted to dig this out of the racks for a spin thanks to recent mention by @inksb, love this LP and sorry Inks I have to disagree about the B-side... I love Arthur Brown's vocal addition to this one, very much in the mold of Malcolm Mooney/Damo era Can so totally up my strasse ;) This is the Brain edition with metallic sleeve.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 962 times

Having eluded me around RSD time last year, and having an aborted purchase by a complete deadbeat seller (who pissed me around, took my money, clearly didn't have the LP, then tried to fob me off with 'store credit' after ignoring numerous emails! Finally had to get the money back through my bank) I finally scored this beauty. Cherry Red release of classic TD audience boot recording, on 2xLP 'stained glass' picture disc which sounds just great - considering the source audio fidelity and whatnot. A really fantastic early 70s improvised TD set.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 962 times

This was a real surprise too, and a genuine treat - a Blow Out club member pressed just 5x copies of his horror mix (under the 'From Beyond' moniker) and very generously sent me one. A favourite arrival for sure, what with the neat presentation and really well done mix of mostly familiar themes, but given a great twist. I'll definitely be pulling this on the reg around Halloween times! Love this kind of endeavour, of course!

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 962 times

Finally giving this some real table time, and so damn pleased I got it a while back - I can only apologise completely to whoever once posted here and I replied with a 'kinda meh soundtrack' comment.... I was so wrong, it's a real little gem.
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ScoJo
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (5).jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 957 times

I couldn't resist this one when I discovered it on Discogs recently - I love Richard Rush's films, he's a genuine nutjob. CoN is bananas, very fun. The music is by Dominic Frontiere who also did The Stunt Man, another great film and score. This is a South Korean pressing!

FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 957 times

Finally knocked off this Web Records LP from my wantlist - really fun early 80s high school satan flick by Frank Laloggia before he progressed to Lady in White, and like that film he scored this one himself. The score is fantastic! Frank Laloggia was a seriously talented guy... what happened to him?
By inksb
Excellent spins @scojo

That Midnight Movie Massacre thing looks really cool. I feel left out :( lol

Never thought about Final Exam score. I may investigate

I picked up a cheap copy of Fear No Evil after you mentioned it last week. Excited to check it out. I saw a screening of Lady In White a few years ago with Frank doing a video conference interview Q&A afterwards. It was a lot of fun. Also fun fact, part of that film was shot 5 minutes from the house I grew up in