Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
My 5 year old has been learning about John Williams this month at school and now is obsessed with his music. I only own like 2-3 of his scores. Any suggestions on any of his albums that are fairly easy/ cheap to find? She’s begging me to buy ET so that’s on the top of the list for now.
By ScoJo
jgibbs4053 wrote:My 5 year old has been learning about John Williams this month at school and now is obsessed with his music. I only own like 2-3 of his scores. Any suggestions on any of his albums that are fairly easy/ cheap to find? She’s begging me to buy ET so that’s on the top of the list for now.
That's adorable J! E.T. happens to be my own favourite JW score. Good taste.

I mean, you gotta go Close Encounters right, if you don't already have? Very easy/cheap to find. (And maybe she's old enough for the movie, though it is pretty intense/scary in parts...)

Outside of the obvious, a few really nice outliers for me that aren't difficult to find on LP are Witches of Eastwick, Accidental Tourist and Always. And I've always had huge soft spot for 1941 (though of course it's very militaristic/bombastic, but very fun with it). There's obvs more of his stuff available from 70s/80s that's gettable at good prices, where you're talking the more recent pressings are going to hit your wallet harder.

Hard to say what she might respond to though - very interested to hear how you guys get on! :)
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:I love the theme from Catch Me if You Can. I want it played at my funeral and wedding
In that order?? Hmmm...

By inksb
deafmetal wrote:Close Encounters is my pick, but Jurassic Park is always a big hit it seems.
Yup and Yup. Jaws is always a classic choice as well.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:
deafmetal wrote:Close Encounters is my pick, but Jurassic Park is always a big hit it seems.
Yup and Yup. Jaws is always a classic choice as well.
Thirded.
By maxlevel
ScoJo wrote:
maxlevel wrote:I love the theme from Catch Me if You Can. I want it played at my funeral and wedding
In that order?? Hmmm...

I still imagine the grim reaper as the bill and ted version, not the seventh seal version. I can definitely defeat that bald fuck at risk. You’ll never take me alive
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote: I still imagine the grim reaper as the bill and ted version, not the seventh seal version. I can definitely defeat that bald fuck at risk. You’ll never take me alive
Best three out of five!
By maxlevel
ScoJo wrote:
maxlevel wrote: I still imagine the grim reaper as the bill and ted version, not the seventh seal version. I can definitely defeat that bald fuck at risk. You’ll never take me alive
Best three out of five!
In your face Von Sydow. Station