Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Hello fine folks from the best place on the internet.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone on STBC. You have created a small and lovely place filled with witty remarks and excellent heads-up. Special thanks to @Monsterworship as I believe he is still the backbone of the board.

Looking back I believe this has not been the best soundtrack year for me. I spend an enormous amount of funds in the beginning of 2018 and that together with some unforeseen expenditures meant I was not able to keep up with the enormous amount of records that continued to be released. I still have not purchased a copy of Daughters of Darkness for instance and I guess that will probably be the top spot of a lot best of 2018 lists.

Therefor, no best of list for me but I would like to mention some releases that are very special to me:

Messiah of Evil - Phillan Bishop (Ondes Positives Recordings)

Manhunter - Various (Waxwork Records)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Mandy - Jóhann Jóhannsson (Lakeshore Records)

I do welcome everyone to make his (unfortunately there are hers I believe) lists. Love to read which releases were special for you...
By inksb
Finding a home on this board has been a wonderful thing. I lurked for bit a few years ago and honestly forgot to come back for a long time. It's honestly nice to have a group of people to discuss records and movies with while sharing great/terrible opinions and to be super jealous of most of your collections. I've spent more on my collection in the last year than probably the last 5 thanks to you folks. It's been fun and I'm glad to become part of the small community here. Here are some of my favorite releases I've picked up this year, some with pictures, some with out.

Konami Kukeiha Club - Castlevania Symphony of the Nightthis one took to long to be released but I'm glad I finally own it

Bruno Nicolai - Il tuo vizio è una stanza chiusa e solo io ne ho la chiave - It's wonderful to finally own the full soundtrack

Saori Kobayashi - RESURRECTION: PANZER DRAGOON - This one blew me away, didn't expect much and it didn't leave my table for days

John DuPrez - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Johann Johannsson - MANDY

François De Roubaix - Daughters of Darkness

Konami Kukeiha Club - Policenauts

Burning Witches 2018 releases. Seriously almost all of them I love. Alone in the Woods probably my favorite of the bunch but that's a really hard choice to be honest. Only two I didn't buy which were Die Hexen and Xander Harris. Both of Graham Reznick's LP's (DW and BWR) are incredible. I think I grabbed all of Spun Out of Controls tapes this year with Stefan Bachmeier being my favorite. Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust from Tiger Lab. I could go on and on. So many great releases this year, tons that I couldnt' afford to pick up, missed or haven't gotten around to. Looks like next years is going to follow suit. Thanks every one and hope you have a good holiday/new year.
By Bezulsqy
Nice list @inksb.
I did not delve into the Burning Witches releases except for one tape I believe. From Spun Out Of Control I buy everything :-)
Stil need to get that Bruno Nicolai as well.
Also thank you for some terrific movie recomendations!
By ScoJo
Good selections up in here.

Quick whizz through my Flickr stream this past 12months to refresh my memory, and these 20 all jumped out at me as fantastic releases- kinda chronological, so not in preference order:

Halloween 2018
The Proposition
Mandy
The Conversation
Evil Dead: Nightmare Reimagined
Daughters of Darkness
The Endless
Annihilation
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Night of the Living Dead
Spider Jazz
Virgin Witch
You Were Never Really Here
People Meet (and sweet music fills the heart)
Le Pacha
Friends of Eddie Coyle
Queen of Earth
The Void
Omega Man
I Start Counting