Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:well that was a relief. don't have to bother reading those forums again haha
Haha!
By Mateo Sanboval
Is there a non-steelbook/standard case coming? I feel like Synapse sometimes does both.
By monsterworship
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Is there a non-steelbook/standard case coming? I feel like Synapse sometimes does both.
They do but it is usually only offered after the steelbook has close to sold out.
By Mateo Sanboval
Ah, got it. Thanks, bruh.
By Red Goblin
Suspiria's fans, get ready to spend a lot of money. Really a lot, I promise you!
By Bezulsqy
Red Goblin wrote:Suspiria's fans, get ready to spend a lot of money. Really a lot, I promise you!
Nice! I love spending a lot of money!
A time frame maybe? So I can stop spending a lot of money until then.
Original or re-score? Any hints?
By Red Goblin
No blood filled vinyl!

It’s a luxurious box-set.
I conceived this box-set for AMS months ago but then it became an official Cinevox production and so came out of my hands. One day maybe I'll tell you the full story. The contents are the ones I had thought but I have no influence over the final result that will probably differ a bit from what I had in mind. Anyway you’ll be amazed.
By Bezulsqy
Red Goblin wrote:No blood filled vinyl!

I conceived this box-set for AMS months ago but then it became an official Cinevox production and so came out of my hands. One day maybe I'll tell you the full story. The contents are the ones I had thought but I have no influence over the final result that will probably differ a bit from what I had in mind. Anyway you’ll be amazed.
I want to hear the full story for sure :-)

Do you know if this Cinevox production is a collaboration with DWRC/Mondo? Or are they doing their own thing?
I am getting confused...
By deathwaltz
Synapse's version is approved by the original DP.

It looks Phenomenal.

The UK version is NOT the Synapse restoration. No details have been made public about who is doing that but if it is the german or italian version then save your pennies and get the Synapse.

Synapse spent 4 years on this and it shows.
By Hatter313
deathwaltz wrote:Synapse's version is approved by the original DP.

It looks Phenomenal.

The UK version is NOT the Synapse restoration. No details have been made public about who is doing that but if it is the german or italian version then save your pennies and get the Synapse.

Synapse spent 4 years on this and it shows.

Ordered it immediately, can. Not. Wait.
By Red Goblin
Bezulsqy wrote:
Red Goblin wrote:No blood filled vinyl!

I want to hear the full story for sure :-)

Do you know if this Cinevox production is a collaboration with DWRC/Mondo? Or are they doing their own thing?
I am getting confused...
The box-set it’s a Cinevox/AMS collaboration without Mondo-Death Waltz.
For what I know Mondo / Death Waltz has obtained a license to release the original LP.
The box-set will include a perfect replica of the original Italian LP plus many other cool things.
By Bezulsqy
@ red goblin
Can you do me a big favor and post here the moment we are able to order that box :-)
I am guessing that box will be fairly limited and sounds fantastic!
By Little Walter
I just got back from the restoration screening at the AFS in Austin, and my heart's still pumping. The soundtrack really BOOMED, and the detail from the camerawork was flaunted sexily. Some in the theater literally screamed during the first killing, and that was a nice touch.
By NathanLurker
The synapse restoration is playing again in Montreal, I'm going to see it tonight and I'm bringing along two friends who never saw the movie, I'm glad to hear that I'll be able to hear that sound mix again. It's gonna be great !
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:The synapse restoration is playing again in Montreal, I'm going to see it tonight and I'm bringing along two friends who never saw the movie, I'm glad to hear that I'll be able to hear that sound mix again. It's gonna be great !
I'm envious. It was such a fun watch on l'écran grand.
By Hatter313
there were rumors that the synapse restoration was coming to my alamo, but the only one we got so far is the faded Italian print thats also been making the rounds. Blu looks like it'll be out in a few weeks.