Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Thanks Hatter313,
you will be amazed by the number of records and soundtracks played by musicians from Goblin.
I made many attributions ‘by ear’ and several were confirmed years later.
There is a curious episode that has just happened.
In a footnote of the Italian edition, talking about Frizzi’s soundtrack for the cult (in Italy) comedy Fantozzi, I wrote that listening to some tracks I’ve got the feeling that Goblin members were playing in it. The genre is completely different and no one ever dared to say or even to think anything like that. But I wrote it. In the English edition this footnote is not present, since I've cut all the footnotes (about a thousand). And, guess what, Fabio Pignatelli in an interview published a few weeks ago has said that the rhythm section in Fantozzi was Marangolo/Pignatelli!!
I wrote the first draft of this book in 1999 and it's amazing to see how many soundtracks that I mentioned in my book have been reissued (or published for the first time) years later.
[quote="deafmetal"]@Red Goblin - Incredible, yet another Frizzi/Goblin collaboration. My current favorites are Amore Libero and Perché Si Uccidono.

Perchè si uccidono….
you'll have some great surprises by reading the book. The pages dedicated to this album are among those I'm most proud of. In the books devoted to Italian prog albums and on the internet there are a lot of false information about Il Reale Impero Britannico and Perchè si uccidono, described as a Goblin side project. I’ve broken the curtain of omissions and silence erected by Cinevox and by the musicians involved. I'm really proud because I managed to do this having very little in my hands, a bit like trying to identified the assassin in a twisted giallo from the ‘70s. I could write a short story about this investigation in which I applied the Conan Doyle principle quoted in Tenebre: “once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” But the best thing is that once the book was published I finally found out that all I had written about this album was true. Even Frizzi said that I was right!
Red Goblin wrote:Perchè si uccidono…. you'll have some great surprises by reading the book.
Eccellente... and from your description here it sounds very intriguing. I look forward to reading the results of your master sleuthing. After hearing Frizzi and his band perform some of those songs on tour last year, I am even more interesting in the origin of the compositions. Congrats again on the publishing of this book.
Goblin will play the USA in October / November.
Here are the dates:

Oct 25: Goblin with special guests Morricone Youth - 'The Sound of Fear' Tour 2017, Thalia Hall Chicago, Illinois, USA;

Oct 26: Goblin & Morricone Youth, The Opera House, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA;

Oct 28: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Higher Ground, Higher Ground, South Burlington, Vermont, USA;

Oct 31 Goblin / Morricone Youth at Union Transfer - Philadelphia, Union Transfer, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA;

Nov 3: Goblin w/ Mondo Drag at The UC Theatre, The UC Theatre, Berkeley, California, USA;

Nov 5: Goblin, Neumos, Seattle, Washington, USA;

Nov 6: Goblin - The Sound of Fear Tour at Wonder, Wonder Ballroom, Portland, Oregon, USA;

Nov 9: Goblin at Exit/In, Exit/In, Nashville, Tennessee, USA;

Nov 11: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimora, Maryland, USA.

So American fans will have the chance to have their copy of the book full signed by the band (exept Simonetti)!
@Red Goblin - Great news! So, the line-up would be Morante, Guarini, Pignatelli, and Marangolo, along with another keyboardist? Also, it's great to see the band Morricone Youth opening up for them. I will be at the Portland show for sure.
deafmetal wrote:@Red Goblin - Great news! So, the line-up would be Morante, Guarini, Pignatelli, and Marangolo, along with another keyboardist? Also, it's great to see the band Morricone Youth opening up for them. I will be at the Portland show for sure.
Yes the line-up will be Morante, Pignatelli, Marangolo, Guarini plus Aidan Zammit (from Goblin Rebirth).
vinyljunkie wrote:Just bought a regular GA ticket for their NYC show -- will they doing a signing for everyone or just VIP?
I would assume it's just for VIP ticket holders, unless you can catch the band around the venue. Portland tickets goes on sale tomorrow. Here is the local promotional artwork:

It looks like Morricone Youth will not be opening the west coast shows, ah well. I am not familiar with Mondo Drag.

@RedGoblin - If you want, I could create a new thread for the Goblin USA tour so we do not completely derail this thread about your upcoming book. I like your idea of getting it signed by the band though. Cheers for posting info on the tour.
vinyljunkie wrote:Just bought a regular GA ticket for their NYC show -- will they doing a signing for everyone or just VIP?
is there a pre-sale? only ting i can find is NY tickets going on sale friday
A couple of dates have been added:

Oct 25: Goblin with special guests Morricone Youth - 'The Sound of Fear' Tour 2017, Thalia Hall Chicago, Illinois, USA;

Oct 26: Goblin & Morricone Youth, The Opera House, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA;

Oct 28: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Higher Ground, Higher Ground, South Burlington, Vermont, USA;

Oct 30: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at The Sinclair, The Sinclair, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

Oct 31: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Union Transfer - Philadelphia, Union Transfer, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA;

Nov 3: Goblin w/ Mondo Drag at The UC Theatre, The UC Theatre, Berkeley, California, USA;

Nov 5: Goblin, Neumos, Seattle, Washington, USA;

Nov 6: Goblin - The Sound of Fear Tour at Wonder, Wonder Ballroom, Portland, Oregon, USA;

Nov 9: Goblin at Exit/In, Exit/In, Nashville, Tennessee, USA;

Nov 11: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimora, Maryland, USA;

Nov 12: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Irving Plaza, Irving Plaza, New York, NY, USA.

@deafmetal no problem if you want to create a new thread for the Goblin USA tour.
More dates added to the 'The sound of fear tour 2017'!

Oct 25: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Thalia Hall, Thalia Hall, Chicago, Illinois, USA;

Oct 26: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth, The Opera House, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA;

Oct 27: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth, Theatre Fairmount, Montreal, CANADA;

Oct 30: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at The Sinclair, The Sinclair, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

Oct 31: Goblin / Morricone Youth at Union Transfer - Philadelphia, Union Transfer, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA;

Nov 2: Goblin w/ Mondo Drag at The Regent Theater, The Regent Theater, Los Angeles, California, USA;

Nov 5: Goblin w/ Mondo Drag at Neumos, Neumos, Seattle, Washington, USA;

Nov 6: Goblin - w/ Mondo Drag at Wonder, Wonder Ballroom, Portland, Oregon, USA;

Nov 8: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Center Stage, Center Stage, Atlanta, Georgia, USA;

Nov 9: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Exit/In, Exit/In, Nashville, Tennessee, USA;

Nov 10: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Lincoln Theatre, Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

Nov 11: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimora, Maryland, USA;

Nov 12: Goblin w/ Morricone Youth at Irving Plaza, Irving Plaza, New York, New York, USA.
#ajnabound has posted a picture of the second postcard that will come with copies of 'GOBLIN Seven Notes in Red' that are ordered direct from The Anja Offensive. This postcard shows the alternate front cover that I had designed for the English version but not used in the end. We decided to stay close to my artwork for the original Italian book with only a few changes.
Attachments
seven notes in red postcard.jpg
seven notes in red postcard.jpg (101.71 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Hatter313 wrote:
is there a pre-sale? only ting i can find is NY tickets going on sale friday
Yep pre-sale code CHORUS
ha, got em on the regular sale anyway. looking forward.