Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Certainly an odd choice. If I think of his past body of work, I think it's a bad choice, but who knows, that guy could go an unexpected route and surprise me. I think I'll just not make an opinion on that remake project before I see an actual trailer. I mean, doing a remake of that movie is already a tricky proposition so...
you know, I was going to post this yesterday....but i decided that I'm probably going to just keep ignoring the existence of this movie until it comes out and I hear one way or another.

Remake doesn't always mean bad, but this seems....I don't know, i love the cast, and I think that as long as the main theme is preserved that Thom Yorke could do some interesting things. That being said, this is Suspiria we are talking about, it's all about the set pieces, the colors (a visit to the blurry.com forum on the upcoming synapse release barely scratches the surface of THAT issue) and of course...The most legitimately scary score to a horror film ever. Any attempt at changing the musical direction of it will come off as odd or worse, generic. and while i don't think that Thom Yorke will do something generic, i also don't know that it will be true to the spirit of the piece.

I know this may come off sounding like i'm bashing the original ( i am not), but without the gonzo design and music, the film isn't really that strong. Like most Italian horror, it functions as art more than it does as a narrative story, so unless this remake embraces all the insanely wonderful things about the original, then its just a movie about a murderer at a dance academy.

But also...Jessica Harper is going to be in this in some capacity, so i guess i'm probably in. (see my sig :) )