Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By blue15
The maestro passed away today, March 26, at age 92. Short notice posted on the SONOR Music Editions Facebook page:

Terrible news. Today, march 26th 2017 Maestro Alessandro Alessandroni - Official passed away. One of the greatest composers we ever had and worldwide famous for the whistle on the Ennio Morricone's Trilogia del dollaro films. We pay homage to a pioneer of Italian film music with a pic shooted with us this summer at his home. Ciao maestro, e grazie.

By Mateo Sanboval
What a magnificent talent. Thank you, Maestro Alessandroni, for all of your gifts. Rest in peace.
By deafmetal
Rest in power, Maestro! The world has lost an incredible talent, but we will always cherish his music. I will never forget hearing his whistling and guitar in the Man With No Name trilogy when I was really young.
By milliondollars
oh boy, so sad! :(

can't believe it but on the other hand he was lucky to reach a respectalble age and he was able to see a new, young generation recognizing his incredible compositions. i bet he got a lot of fans from 2000 onwards...
By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote:oh boy, so sad! :(

can't believe it but on the other hand he was lucky to reach a respectalble age and he was able to see a new, young generation recognizing his incredible compositions. i bet he got a lot of fans from 2000 onwards...
Hey certainly gained one fan in me during that time. I'm away from home tonight, but listened via streams/flac to a few of his contributions to The Man With No Namefilms, I Cantori Moderni, and am now polishing off Inchiesta before bed. Awesome.
By Dollarhyde
Rip

To think that the music he made all those years ago is now flipping young, and not so young, people's minds,and will presumably continue to do so. Hopefully he passed away a very happy man.

Now listening to 'manhattan disco' from 'Sangue Di Sbirro'
Last edited by Dollarhyde on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NathanLurker
RIP

My introduction to Alessandro Alessandroni's music was through Deathwaltz's Killer Nun, which is a really cool release. The latest title I've added to my Alessandroni collection is Dagored's Panoramic Feeling. I look forward to discovering more of his music, on four flies, sonor, etc. He's definitely one of the great.
By goodnightcigarettes
I have to say that I was pretty gutted to hear the news of his passing this morning. I've been collecting everything Alessandroni related I could find since grabbing a copy of Prisma Sonoro a few years back. That record helped send me on a whole new path of listening and I haven't really looked back ever since.

But as sad as his passing is, we're super fortunate to be living at a time when so many labels are shining a light on this long-lost and sadly somewhat forgotten period of music. And Alessandroni was fortunate enough to still be alive to experience this newfound wave of excitement around his work.
By The Dentist
Gutted.

When I think of Italian soundtrack music, I think of Ennio Morricone first, as many would. He's the epicentre and the legacy. But one of the things I appreciate most about Morricone is how much respect he showed for his collaborators and that, perhaps without him, we would not have had so many other greats. Then I think of Bruno Nicolai. Then I think of Alessandro...

Alessandro was just perpetually there. You hear a sitar show up on one of those old records and know it's Alessandro - a weird vocal, a fuzzy electric guitar sound.

The man was the throughline of what made the music great and I frequently took for granted just how amazing he was and how frequently he seemed to make some seemingly small contribution (without big spectacle), but simultaneously made everything he touched better.

RIP Maestro.