Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
chiefbrody wrote:Such a great score. Someone posted this up on the vinyl now playing thread recently, which pushed me to dig it out again. I'm not aware of Jonathan Snipes doing anything since Starry Eyes?
Nor am I, Chief, but this CD was a crucial inclusion by DWRC. Great music and it's nice to have the full score to go accompany the 45rpm LP presentation.
By chiefbrody
I would never have given this much of a chance if it wasn't for the DFC/DFN. It's just a fun listen.
Attachments
CS578836-01A-BIG.jpg
CS578836-01A-BIG.jpg (151.39 KiB) Viewed 6694 times
By skeletonbutt
chiefbrody wrote:Such a great score. Someone posted this up on the vinyl now playing thread recently, which pushed me to dig it out again. I'm not aware of Jonathan Snipes doing anything since Starry Eyes?
I love that one, not sure why the vinyl only has a handful of songs. Should have been a double LP.
By reddye6
chiefbrody wrote:Absolute agreement here. It was a pivotal DWRC release for me. The CD was a bonus. My own curiosity and a quick look on Bandcamp tells me that his music for a film called 'Excess Flesh' is available digitally.

https://deathbombarc.bandcamp.com/album ... -flesh-ost
And it's available as a CD. I got a copy through Two Headed Dog.
By deafmetal
Nice to see the support for Jonathan Snipes. I need to hear his latest album.

In continual rotation:
By Mateo Sanboval
skeletonbutt wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:I love that one, not sure why the vinyl only has a handful of songs. Should have been a double LP.
I asked Deach Waltz about that when 237 was released and he said that it was the artists' choice/desire to do it that way. It certainly is a unique release in the DWRC catalog.
By Mateo Sanboval
skeletonbutt wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:I love that one, not sure why the vinyl only has a handful of songs. Should have been a double LP.
I asked Deach Waltz about that when Room 237 was released and he said that it was the artists' choice/desire to do it that way. It certainly is a unique release in the DWRC catalog.
deafmetal wrote:Nice to see the support for Jonathan Snipes. I need to hear his latest album.

In continual rotation:
Oh hell yes.
By Hatter313
Blade Runner score for always.

whenever I don't know what I want to listen to on the train, this is on the short list every time.
By ScoJo
chiefbrody wrote:I would never have given this much of a chance if it wasn't for the DFC/DFN. It's just a fun listen.
Slime City 4Eva!
By skeletonbutt
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I asked Deach Waltz about that when Room 237 was released and he said that it was the artists' choice/desire to do it that way. It certainly is a unique release in the DWRC catalog.
Interesting, that settles that then. I'll look at it as a Room 237 "greatest hits". Thanks for the info!
By Mateo Sanboval
skeletonbutt wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I asked Deach Waltz about that when Room 237 was released and he said that it was the artists' choice/desire to do it that way. It certainly is a unique release in the DWRC catalog.
Interesting, that settles that then. I'll look at it as a Room 237 "greatest hits". Thanks for the info!
Totally, Skel. I wish he'd expounded more (I'm always interested in the decision making and other minutiae that go into a release I enjoy), but it does answer the question of why to a large degree.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:@Mateo @Skele - I believe the same was true for the Waxwork vinyl release of Starry Eyes.
The motherflipping plot thickens.
By Mateo Sanboval
vi_resmusic wrote:https://youtu.be/kIJUDGzSYT8
Y'know watching the above video about Snipes' Starry eyes score led me to the following video about the Room 237 score wherein they mention that Bear McCreary played clav on the record. Learn sumthin' new...
By chiefbrody
Great digging on Snipes, @vi-res, @mateo. Interesting stuff.

Digital play here. Thanks to @spun for bringing this artist to my attention.
Attachments
a1745881937_10.jpg
a1745881937_10.jpg (488.7 KiB) Viewed 6620 times
By chiefbrody
Bit of a cheat this one, but relevant to the 'LP edit' discussion. The digital release is about 50 tracks - I find the Death Waltz version more easy to digest, so I made a DW edit from the digital version. I like this score a lot.
Attachments
a1714315478_10.jpg
a1714315478_10.jpg (315.83 KiB) Viewed 6618 times
By vi_resmusic
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
vi_resmusic wrote:https://youtu.be/kIJUDGzSYT8
Y'know watching the above video about Snipes' Starry eyes score led me to the following video about the Room 237 score wherein they mention that Bear McCreary played clav on the record. Learn sumthin' new...
The ole wallet on the snare,works every time.
By chiefbrody
Another digital, not CD. Fair enough when it's this (I couldn't get the cover to upload, so here's the back of the record).

An unusual record, not strictly as industrial as the title suggests, though you can hear some rhythms which may fit the bill. Some of it sounds like an extended scene from a Hitchcock film. It's varied, but without sounding all over the place. Worth checking out.
Attachments
172407b.jpg
172407b.jpg (229.99 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
By chiefbrody
Taking some inspiration from @deaf.

Is it wrong that I've only seen Blade Runner twice, and this might be only the 2nd time I've listened to this CD?
Attachments
R-1306664-1318369920.jpeg.jpg
R-1306664-1318369920.jpeg.jpg (131.67 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
By chiefbrody
On the Starry Eyes variation, I hadn't really paid much attention, and hadn't listened to the vinyl and download around the same time, so didn't notice.

It looks like the vinyl is missing only a couple of tracks (by name) but many of those that remain are edits of the full tracks, plus the order has been changed, presumably to make the 'sides' work. Interesting that they chose to have an LP edit of both scores (the same also true of Wojciech Golczewski's recent Dark Souls - a hand-picked selection by the artist).
By chiefbrody
Great, eclectic mix.
Attachments
Natural_Born_Killers_(soundtrack)_(1994).jpg
Natural_Born_Killers_(soundtrack)_(1994).jpg (339 KiB) Viewed 6595 times
By deafmetal
@Chief - Nice picks, and also great to see you posting more often. I have that Alessandroni album on vinyl, and it's an interesting listen. Also, the Natural Born Killers OST has forever etched the early 90's in my memory.

Here is one of my favorite collaboration projects of the last many years:
ImageMaiovvi & Umberto as Law Unit