Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
In sort of a particular order but not really

Blow Out

The Howling

Dressed To Kill

Raising Cain
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:59 pm In sort of a particular order but not really

Blow Out

The Howling

Dressed To Kill

Raising Cain

Agree with these as top tier Donaggio, would also throw in

Crawlspace
Two Evil Eyes
Trauma
The Sect

Piranha is also a ripping early Dante/Donaggio
monster score :)

By CrossedPete
Thanks @Hatter and @scojo after seeing your lists I totally missed a couple I own already haha. I can’t believe I forgot about The Howling. I also have Crawlspace. I guess I know what I’m spinning after work. Dressed to kill,The Howling and Piranha have been on my OG VS want list for a while now. Not sure I’ve heard of Blow Out before so I’ll definitely check that out.
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 pm Thanks @Hatter and @scojo after seeing your lists I totally missed a couple I own already haha. I can’t believe I forgot about The Howling. I also have Crawlspace. I guess I know what I’m spinning after work. Dressed to kill,The Howling and Piranha have been on my OG VS want list for a while now. Not sure I’ve heard of Blow Out before so I’ll definitely check that out.
There is a Japanese lp of Blow Out (a film which may be esp meaningful to me perhaps I dunno harr harr *wink*) and it's not the original score recordings- it's basically jazzier rerecordings but I do love that LP. Its value fluctuates over time but seems you can pick it up quite reasonably just now. Highly recommended!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:05 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 pm Thanks @Hatter and @scojo after seeing your lists I totally missed a couple I own already haha. I can’t believe I forgot about The Howling. I also have Crawlspace. I guess I know what I’m spinning after work. Dressed to kill,The Howling and Piranha have been on my OG VS want list for a while now. Not sure I’ve heard of Blow Out before so I’ll definitely check that out.
There is a Japanese lp of Blow Out (a film which may be esp meaningful to me perhaps I dunno harr harr *wink*) and it's not the original score recordings- it's basically jazzier rerecordings but I do love that LP. Its value fluctuates over time but seems you can pick it up quite reasonably just now. Highly recommended!
The version on iTunes and available on CD from either MGM or Intrada are the original recordings i think. Itunes version omits the two source cues from the end. It's my second favorite DePalma...obviously my first is apparent from my avatar/sig
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:17 pm
ScoJo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:05 pm
The version on iTunes and available on CD from either MGM or Intrada are the original recordings i think. Itunes version omits the two source cues from the end. It's my second favorite DePalma...obviously my first is apparent from my avatar/sig
Interesting sounds like I might have to track down both versions.
By reddye6
Tangerine Dream - Dead Solid Perfect CD
Attachments
IMG_1013.jpg
IMG_1013.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 2826 times
By reddye6
Jerry Goldsmith - Runaway OST CD
Attachments
IMG_1015.jpg
IMG_1015.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2806 times
By reddye6
Edward Artemiev - Territory of Love (Music From Movies by Nikita Mikhalkov) 2-CDs

Been waiting a month or so for this to arrive from the Czech Republic. Arrived lovely and shrink-wrapped. However, the pages from the CD booklet are all kinds of stuck together - probably from the printing process and not drying fully before getting packaged. Saving grace is that the liner notes are all in Cyrillic, so I'm not missing much.

Today continued to be an odd mail day in that another Discogs order came in, but instead of the 1972 LP I received the 2010 CD reissue.
Attachments
IMG_1040.jpg
IMG_1040.jpg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 2758 times
By reddye6
Johnny Cash, Mike Farrell, and Iggy Pop walk into an execution ...
Attachments
IMG_1085.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 2727 times
By reddye6
Got a bunch of Japanese soundtracks in the mail yesterday - spinning them today.

Takuma Watanabe - Anokohakizoku (Aristocrats) OST CD
Attachments
IMG_1113.jpg
IMG_1113.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 2700 times
By reddye6
Slavomir Kowalewski and A-bee - Love You As the World Ends TV series CD
Attachments
IMG_1114.jpg
IMG_1114.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 2699 times
By reddye6
Takashi Ohmama - Jukaimura OST CD (also known as "Suicide Forest Village")
Attachments
IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1115.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2692 times
By reddye6
Toshihiro Nara, Shinya Hayama, and Yusaku Matsuda - A Hormance (also known as A-hômansu) OST CD
Attachments
IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1116.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2687 times
By reddye6
Got a bunch of Takashi Ohmama soundtrack CDs in the mail yesterday. The first one I'm spinning is for "Gukoroku - Traces of Sin."
Attachments
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 2609 times
By Hatter313
Hey Reddye, where do you get these? I have been trying to find a reasonable source for the Riichiro Manabe bloodthirsty trilogy set and the recent "A Colt Is My Passport" CD for a while, both out by Cinema Kan (although bloodthirsty i think is out of print) and i just can't seem to find them. the prices are either astronomical for the first or impossible to ship to the US for the second. I need someone here to license these tracks haha
By reddye6
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm Hey Reddye, where do you get these? I have been trying to find a reasonable source for the Riichiro Manabe bloodthirsty trilogy set and the recent "A Colt Is My Passport" CD for a while, both out by Cinema Kan (although bloodthirsty i think is out of print) and i just can't seem to find them. the prices are either astronomical for the first or impossible to ship to the US for the second. I need someone here to license these tracks haha
I have been buying from CD Japan (https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/). I've been having my orders ship via DHL, which ends up only taking a few days from Japan to my door. The shipping cost has been around $25, but if I'm getting five to seven CDs in one shot, I don't mind. And the price of the CDs is reasonable CD prices ($18-$28) rather than the $40+ price tag you'll sometimes see for Japanese CDs in the US.

Unfortunately, the Riichiro Manabe is out of stock (https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/CINK- ... 5b83561647). However, "Colt" is in stock (https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/CINK- ... 5b842bdba6). For the out of stock, you can try their Proxy shipping, in which they'll look around and see if they can find the CD. I did have it work once for me on something that I was trying to find.

For the Cinema-Kan CDs they generally do get them in stock; like everywhere else, they sell out quickly. I was able to get a copy of "Shogun's Sadism" and "Makai Tenshoh" from CD Japan. Unfortunately, I found out too late about "Shivering Tongue" and can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. There is a single VG+ copy on Discogs for $627.

I can't remember -- are you based in the US? I'll have another order from them shipping in April. If you only wanted that "Colt" CD, I could buy it for you (it'd cost an extra $4 shipping on my order) and then we could work out a PayPal deal and I ship it to you when it arrives. It'd be at the cost of the CD and shipping, nothing extra.
By reddye6
BTW, the "Traces of Sin" is good. Mix of different things going on -- some solo piano, a couple of tracks of post-rock with a little bit of blues in them, and a bunch of string drones with slow piano.
By Hatter313
reddye6 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:40 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm Hey Reddye, where do you get these? I have been trying to find a reasonable source for the Riichiro Manabe bloodthirsty trilogy set and the recent "A Colt Is My Passport" CD for a while, both out by Cinema Kan (although bloodthirsty i think is out of print) and i just can't seem to find them. the prices are either astronomical for the first or impossible to ship to the US for the second. I need someone here to license these tracks haha
I have been buying from CD Japan (https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/). I've been having my orders ship via DHL, which ends up only taking a few days from Japan to my door. The shipping cost has been around $25, but if I'm getting five to seven CDs in one shot, I don't mind. And the price of the CDs is reasonable CD prices ($18-$28) rather than the $40+ price tag you'll sometimes see for Japanese CDs in the US.

Unfortunately, the Riichiro Manabe is out of stock (https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/CINK- ... 5b83561647). However, "Colt" is in stock (https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/CINK- ... 5b842bdba6). For the out of stock, you can try their Proxy shipping, in which they'll look around and see if they can find the CD. I did have it work once for me on something that I was trying to find.

For the Cinema-Kan CDs they generally do get them in stock; like everywhere else, they sell out quickly. I was able to get a copy of "Shogun's Sadism" and "Makai Tenshoh" from CD Japan. Unfortunately, I found out too late about "Shivering Tongue" and can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. There is a single VG+ copy on Discogs for $627.

I can't remember -- are you based in the US? I'll have another order from them shipping in April. If you only wanted that "Colt" CD, I could buy it for you (it'd cost an extra $4 shipping on my order) and then we could work out a PayPal deal and I ship it to you when it arrives. It'd be at the cost of the CD and shipping, nothing extra.
i am in the US, yeah. I would totally be down for that, just let me know how much you'd need from me and i'll send it on over! its a shame that bloodthirsty trilogy CD is so crazy expensive right now, the two of them on discogs are like $300. how it went from like $25 to $300 so fast is astounding. I'd happily pay an aftermarket price for it, but not that much haha., so i for sure want to snag Colt before it suffers the same fate.

appreciate the offer on Colt, dude, let me know! such a great score.
By reddye6
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:53 pm
reddye6 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:40 pm

i am in the US, yeah. I would totally be down for that, just let me know how much you'd need from me and i'll send it on over! its a shame that bloodthirsty trilogy CD is so crazy expensive right now, the two of them on discogs are like $300. how it went from like $25 to $300 so fast is astounding. I'd happily pay an aftermarket price for it, but not that much haha., so i for sure want to snag Colt before it suffers the same fate.

appreciate the offer on Colt, dude, let me know! such a great score.
I've ordered the CD. I'll DM you with updates on when it ships and the eventually settling up. Don't worry about sending any money over now.
By Hatter313
much appreciated man, thanks so much!
By reddye6
You're welcome, Hatter!

Next up on the Ohmama list: "Eerie - Invisible Face" TV mini-series OST.
Attachments
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg (994.66 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
By reddye6
Another day, another Takashi Ohmama soundtrack. This one is for the TV series "Death Cash," where the money is murderous!

I don't know if the money is murderous. It's wish fulfillment on my part.
Attachments
IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 2577 times