Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By vi_resmusic
Now playing
Attachments
1487115503192-1329449947.jpg
1487115503192-1329449947.jpg (692.35 KiB) Viewed 9789 times
Last edited by vi_resmusic on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
What is a "CD's"?
By Mateo Sanboval
vi_resmusic wrote:Compact disc is. Is this an english lesson?
ImageOh! Like what this delightful clutch is made of? Or this economy sedan?Image
By vi_resmusic
I prefer vinyl too but some scores aren't worth the prices that are being charged (for me anyway). Now that I have this on CD I am glad that I didn't pay $50 the vinyl. I don't care how superior people consider one format to be over another, the prices being charged compared to the prices of vinyl production are mostly out of balance.
By Mateo Sanboval
vi_resmusic wrote:I prefer vinyl too but some scores aren't worth the prices that are being charged (for me anyway). Now that I have this on CD I am glad that I didn't pay $50 the vinyl. I don't care how superior people consider one format to be over another, the prices being charged compared to the prices of vinyl production are mostly out of balance.
Nor should you. I'm only joshing about. Life's too short to worry about others' opinions; enjoy yourself. In truth, I've thought about starting this thread more than a few times myself and will contribute to it in earnest when I spin the silverest circles from time to time.
By chiefbrody
Good idea Vi-res. I'm totally with you on this one - I hope it's not against the spirit of the forum's intent. There's too much music out there for me to discover to be format-monogamous. If a reissue is available for 10% of the price on disc, I'll usually get digital/disc and save my budget for releases I can only get on vinyl. I got to the point 90% of my budget was going on vinyl, and about 10% of my listening was on my turntable. That was madness. Now if I can get The Terminator on CD for £3 instead, it helps me buy Zoo Folle - that's got to be a win/win.

If you don't mind, I'll include when I'm listening to CDs I've ripped. I still listen to a lot of scores/soundtracks, but when I get the chance to on vinyl, I usually don't get enough time to be taking photos before the kids come back (edit: and am Ironing)!
By chiefbrody
First up today:
Attachments
Brad_Fiedel_-_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_artwork.jpg
Brad_Fiedel_-_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_artwork.jpg (577.83 KiB) Viewed 9730 times
Last edited by chiefbrody on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chiefbrody
When I look at my post I can only see the name of the file. I've re-read the instructions for posting images - can everyone else see the image?
By ScoJo
chiefbrody wrote:First up today:
Chief - I often get this myself, and as far as I can deduce it's to do with the image being too small? It's only my guess, but it seems like the forum doesn't like anything smaller than around 100kb (and less than 1mb...)
By vi_resmusic
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
vi_resmusic wrote:I prefer vinyl too but some scores aren't worth the prices that are being charged (for me anyway). Now that I have this on CD I am glad that I didn't pay $50 the vinyl. I don't care how superior people consider one format to be over another, the prices being charged compared to the prices of vinyl production are mostly out of balance.
Nor should you. I'm only joshing about. Life's too short to worry about others' opinions; enjoy yourself. In truth, I've thought about starting this thread more than a few times myself and will contribute to it in earnest when I spin the silverest circles from time to time.

Oh great! Phew....I was waiting to be stoned to death for starting this thread.

I admit that I am terrible at text communication yet I still persist and try.

Obviously it's about the content otherwise we'd be listening to blank records.
By chiefbrody
Whilst waiting patiently for WW...
Attachments
256491-soundtracks-the-thing-soundtrack-cover.jpg
256491-soundtracks-the-thing-soundtrack-cover.jpg (176.81 KiB) Viewed 9719 times
By ScoJo
^ Nice one @chief.

Here's my CD collection:
Sussudio_1a4.gif
Sussudio_1a4.gif (379.89 KiB) Viewed 9712 times
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:I can't find Heat ost by Kronos Quartet on vinyl or iTunes so I got the cd for £2. Skål!
@max -

I'd kill for that OST on wax! And I know I'm not alone....it's one of the greatest imo, completely rinsed the CD at the time. Terje Rypdal, Lisa Gerrard, Moby and the mighty mighty Elliot Goldenthal score!
By Mateo Sanboval
Who is that besweatered rogue handling Phil's jacket like that? What's Phil done now? Or hasn't done? Oh this beguiling format!
By ScoJo
@mateo -

Well, there's a bit of back story there...

At the time of the album release for NO JACKET REQUIRED, Mr Phil Collins was embroiled in a bitter legal dispute with the previous owner of a rather snazzy 'whistle' (that's 'whistle and flute', ie. 'suit') which he purchased in an Oxfam charity shop on Bromford High Street in the early 80s. The aforementioned pants n' jacket were sold to Mr C in good faith, for the agreeable sum of £11.50 (and including, free of charge in the inside pocket, an expired membership for Paul Raymond's Revue Bar in Soho) and Paul was informed that the previous owner had recently passed away - the grieving widow had donated her late hubby's clobber to the charitable boutique in question. In an unforseeable twist however, it transpired that the so-called decedent was in fact very much alive and well, and his much put-upon missus had simply snapped one afternoon and, whilst the scoundrel slept off yet another night of debauch in the spare room, gathered the entirety of his attire and marched down to the aforementioned store.
Herr Collins and the de-stiffed, de-pants'ed rogue then entered into a long and bloody legal battle over true ownership of the suit, leading to his penning of the album as a form of catharsis - but in a surprising turn of events, the two eventually became good pals, Phil even renewing his Paul Raymond membership for the chap as a token of no-ill-will.
They decided to split the suit forthwith, with PC obviously winning the coin toss for the top half. What you are seeing in this celebrated image is a tongue-in-cheek spoof of the whole affair, which features the actual grasping arm of the undead fellow in a mock-assailing of the beloved popster.
As an amusing aside, Sussudio is the nickname which El Collins bestowed upon his new-found mucker. It means "topless" in Portugese.

*Taken from "Phil Collins : No, That Jacket IS Required" published in the Dec 1989 edition of Playboy.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@mateo -

Well, there's a bit of back story there...

At the time of the album release for NO JACKET REQUIRED, Mr Phil Collins was embroiled in a bitter legal dispute with the previous owner of a rather snazzy 'whistle' (that's 'whistle and flute', ie. 'suit') which he purchased in an Oxfam charity shop on Bromford High Street in the early 80s. The aforementioned pants n' jacket were sold to Mr C in good faith, for the agreeable sum of £11.50 (and including, free of charge in the inside pocket, an expired membership for Paul Raymond's Revue Bar in Soho) and Paul was informed that the previous owner had recently passed away - the grieving widow had donated her late hubby's clobber to the charitable boutique in question. In an unforseeable twist however, it transpired that the so-called decedent was in fact very much alive and well, and his much put-upon missus had simply snapped one afternoon and, whilst the scoundrel slept off yet another night of debauch in the spare room, gathered the entirety of his attire and marched down to the aforementioned store.
Herr Collins and the de-stiffed, de-pants'ed rogue then entered into a long and bloody legal battle over true ownership of the suit, leading to his penning of the album as a form of catharsis - but in a surprising turn of events, the two eventually became good pals, Phil even renewing his Paul Raymond membership for the chap as a token of no-ill-will.
They decided to split the suit forthwith, with PC obviously winning the coin toss for the top half. What you are seeing in this celebrated image is a tongue-in-cheek spoof of the whole affair, which features the actual grasping arm of the undead fellow in a mock-assailing of the beloved popster.
As an amusing aside, Sussudio is the nickname which El Collins bestowed upon his new-found mucker. It means "topless" in Portugese.

*Taken from "Phil Collins : No, That Jacket IS Required" published in the Dec 1989 edition of Playboy.
By ScoJo
Heh.

Now then - I've said this before but...HOW IN THE FUCK DOES ONE POST GIFS? I have like no luck with the little buggers! It's kinda affecting my life now tbh.

:(
By maxlevel
ScoJo wrote:Heh.

Now then - I've said this before but...HOW IN THE FUCK DOES ONE POST GIFS? I have like no luck with the little buggers! It's kinda affecting my life now tbh.

:(
Find your gif, upload it to a image hosting site and use the [img] code. For example, if you find mateos post, directly quote it using the quote tab and it has the full code in his post. It works the same as
, but when you quote it directly it doesn't show the gif, only the code. Also, there's a little mountain icon above the post box which shows [img] when you click on it, just put your gif location between the two img boxes.