Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Spun out of control wrote:Wish Daniele would have told that garage band rehearsing next door to quieten down a bit tho'...
Haha, they started the PA sound check right after I hit record, but since it's Manhattan Baby it seems very fitting. We could have shut the theater doors and started over, but I didn't want to make him re-record the whole thing. ;)
deafmetal wrote:@Red Goblin - Thank you for your confirmation as well, and what a sad story that is about Tommasi's master tapes. If you have any other history to add to this thread, I'm sure it would be of great interest to all of us. Also, do you happen to know who is releasing Sette Note In Nero on vinyl?

@frozeneyeball - One other thing we talked about off-camera was the size of the print run. He believes they pressed 1,000 copies with green labels, and the stamped #'s I have seen on the Paura green labels support this number. He also said he thought the repress with red labels might have only been 500 and not 1,000 copies, but he wasn't sure. That could be the reason why so many more green labels pop up though. What is the stamp # on your red copy?

Lastly, Daniele said that the majority of the LP's were sent to TV and radio stations, as well as DJ's, and not as many went into distribution. Most of the promo copies were probably thrown in the bin...

@ Deaf, good theory about the red repress being only 500, but the stamp on my red Paura is #604, so it's likely the run was also 1000 for the red. Fascinating that the majority of the LPs were sent out as promos and didn't survive. Here are the close ups of my Paura labels.

@frozen - Aha, so likely another 1,000 copies in the red label repress. Nice low number first pressing you have. I also have a couple with low numbers. Any chance your internal paper sleeve is stamped with "Soundtrack Deletions" out of Kent?
@frozen - I had picked up a few Beat albums from an estate sale in the US, and many of them had Lionel Woodman's "Soundtrack Deletions" shop info stamped on the inner paper sleeve. Two of those were green label copies of Paura with very low number stampings. Just wondering how so many of the low number stamps ended up in the UK.
[quote="deafmetal"]@Red Goblin - Thank you for your confirmation as well, and what a sad story that is about Tommasi's master tapes. If you have any other history to add to this thread, I'm sure it would be of great interest to all of us. Also, do you happen to know who is releasing Sette Note In Nero on vinyl?

‘7 note in nero’ it’s in Cinevox catalogue so AMS should be in pole position for this release.
AMS’ boss talked to me about this title (and a few others) a year ago. I told him that I believed that ‘7 note’ and ‘Luca il contrabbandiere / Contraband’ they were annunced by Death Waltz. Cinevox replied that they had not granted licenses for vinyl releases of this two scores to anyone. From that moment I have not heard nothing more. Probably it’s in AMS’ programs but it will take a long time.
A few thoughts about Beat green / red labels. These are just my personal speculations!
It seems that the red labels were found in early '80s releases, mostly soundtracks of Lucio Fulci’s films. Probably these soundtracks have achieved a greater commercial success, especially abroad, and so Beat decided to print additional copies using the red label. Maybe Beat did it simultaneously for all these albums, probably in the mid 80s. These labels are rarer because printed in minor amounts but are second prints.
Regarding ‘Paura nella città dei morti viventi’ it’s an album issued in the Beat CR series. The CR (aka Collector’s releases) catalogue presents soundtracks of movies dating back a few years and probably printed in lesser quantities than Beat standards. LPs precisely targeted at collectors and with numbered labels.
‘Paura’ was published by Beat in 1982 but the film is dated 1980. Probably Beat printed a first run of ‘Paura’ (let’s say 500/600) with green labels and later more copies with red labels, so the green labels should have lower number than the red ones.

Finally with regard to the amount of copies of Beat records found in the UK, I think it just because Beat had a foreign branch (‘Eurobeat’) in Manchester. It is indicated in many records, for example in ‘The living dead at the Manchester morgue’.