Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By vinyljunkie
Can anyone help me out on some of the defining characteristics of an original!? I just picked up a copy at a reasonable price and definitely thought it was one of the Simply Vinyl bootlegs from last year but then I did some research on discogs and it shows that almost all of them were on some sort of colored vinyl (my copy is black vinyl) -- any other distinguishing characteristics of an original? Discogs doesn't give too much info for the original -- mine has SVLP 0119 LC 06406 F:Bm 650 on the back cover -- any help would be greatly appreciated!
By bpwlogan
I don't think any of the bootlegs were pressed on black vinyl.

My Simply Vinyl edition has SVLP 119 C-01-01- pressed into the end of the four sides on the vinyl.

Hopefully this helps you out.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (822.09 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
By bpwlogan
@vinyljunkie- I know that mine is an original because I bought it directly from Simply Vinyl back in 2000. I would do mail order with them when they were in business. I have about 40 of their releases. Most of the early releases (including this release) came with a PVC wallet. I threw all of them out after reading some of the other forum members having issues with the PVC material "cooking" into the jacket of the record. The sleeves are white with poly on the inside. The cover is just the standard issue.

My barcode has 643346011912

I would say you have an original press.
By bpwlogan
@vinyljunkie-Here is my cover. Hopefully this soundtrack will get an official reissue at some point. It's a must have for alternative music collectors and for the fans of score music by Angelo Badalamenti.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (788.33 KiB) Viewed 1872 times