Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
ahhhhhhhhh going Friday, can't wait!!!
By Hatter313
oh man.....this is sooooo good. thanks for posting!
By Hatter313
I can't tell you how excited I am for this....i'm sure we are on the same page. Bring us the old school horror back!

If this ushers in a new wave of gothic horror, I'm going to be one happy camper.

And I'd love more films using the puritan and early america backdrop, we have such creepy folklore, ripe for the picking on some great horror stories. I hope this is a sign of things to come.
By Mateo Sanboval
Completely agree with you on setting, Hatter. If you don't already, check out the podcast, LORE. I'm not sold on this movie from the trailer yet, but I'm optimistic.

PS - Thanks for posting the stream, VJ! Score sounds very nice indeed.
By Hatter313
@Mateo,

I'll definitely check out that podcast. I'm actually folklorist by education, (Wrote my undergrad thesis on satanic imagery in art and film, shocking I know). Unfortunately there's no money to be had in academia, and bills to be paid, so to advertising I sold my soul.

Early American folklore is really interesting in that so much of it is a melding of tribal traditions that were already here and christian beliefs that puritans and separatists brought with them.

There was a local legend in the town I grew up in about headless Lenape Indians dancing around a fire. when I looked up the location of the supposed ghostly activity in the town archives, I discovered to my horror and delight that it was a direct line of site from my bedroom window about 100 yards away. I won't say I saw anything, but I can't deny I always looked.
By vinyljunkie
I'm just a couple of listens in, this may be the best purely horror score of 2016! I already like it way more than The Forest and Boy - - I'm talking "It Follows" and "Under the Skin" good!
By Hatter313
erm...the track "witches coven" just made me jump at my desk. I was just kind of letting it filter in through the background and it came out of nowhere.

reminds me of ring of fire off of Kilar's Dracula.
By deafmetal
This score sounds quite good... thank you for posting the stream. I would like to check out the film in the theater, but the trailer has already terrified my better half into not wanting to watch it. I will keep trying though.