Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
Now that I think of it, Hammer Films had some really amazing scores, and apart from the one Hammer comp (which is really great, l’ll admit), not a lot of complete Hammer scores are available on vinyl (and the ones that are on CD are pricey).

Oh, and an expanded Amityville Horror would be awesome also.
By Hatter313
I’ve been shouting for something wicked this way comes for a while now, I’m with you there.

On the hammer front, DW released twins of evil and Dracula AD1972, both fantastic. He said he had more hammer but I think it dried up or expired or something a few years back.

I was thrilled to get quatermass and the pit a couple of years back, and there’s a nice pressing of Horror of Dracula from Silva screen I think? From a few years back as well.

There was also a small company that put out the rereleases of the story albums for both Dracula and 7 golden vampires, I got the drac one but never picked up the 7GV release from them, dust bug maybe?
By havershaw
Oh and YES x1000 to the Ghostbusters score on vinyl. It is absolutely crazy to me that they haven’t done it (and the CD prices are bonkers).

It’s funny, I’ll pay a lot for a rare record but no way will I pay even close to that for a rare CD. I don’t even like paying normal Mondo vinyl price for a CD.

anyway, yeah, I have and love the Twins of Evil and Dracula 1972, as well as the fantastic Quatermass and the Pit. And like I said, I love the Hammer comp. I’m just greedy and I wish we had way more of the voluminous Hammer catalog as stand alone records.

The one Dracula release that I have is from Contempo, and it’s a re-recording and features music from Horror of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen From the Grace, and Taste the Blood of Dracula.
I love the music but I seem to have gotten a bum copy - I’ve had it cleaned a couple of times and it’s just a noisy pressing.

I have the Dust Bug 7 Golden Vampires and it sounds great. I have an original of the Dracula one, and while those are both cool releases, I still wish we had some that are proper score releases, as opposed to “the story of” type.
By Hatter313
i'll check that Dracula release i have when i get home, it may be the same one you are talking about, been a while since i listened to it.

I would buy every Hammer release ever, i bought them all on DVD, and have been slowly upgrading them to blu as they become available. and i mean EVERYTHING, i've owned nearly the entire output of that studio from about 1956 to 1974 in one form or another over the years. i have some scattered releases form their noir days before they became themselves with horror, but everything from Dracula to the pitiful Lady Vanishes remake, i've got, save for the Carry On comedy films that never really did it for me.
By Hatter313
Ah yes, I have the contempo then. Yeah the Silva screen is his score to nosferatu which I also...of course...have.
By tim28212
havershaw wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:17 pm There’s another one I didn’t realize I didn’t have:

https://www.discogs.com/James-Bernard-2 ... =iOS%20App

I think that’s also re-recordings but it’s something, anyway.
I have this one and love, love, love it!

I'll add that I think the Contempo is a reissue of this minus the tracks from Ripper and Circus.
Attachments
37863428261_573d49ac70_o.jpg
37863428261_573d49ac70_o.jpg (246.68 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
Last edited by tim28212 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NathanLurker
havershaw wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:17 pm There’s another one I didn’t realize I didn’t have:

Oh you're right that's Silva Screen too, but it's the same as the Contempo release, Minus the Non Dracula tracks. The Silva screen has music from Hands Of The Ripper : A6 Main Titles / Trance / Mrs. Golding's Murder / Anna's Theme 10:33 and music from Vampire Circus : B1 Prologue 9:15. interesting. the Silva screen is therefore cramming like....28 minutes on side A ? Contempo's release must sound better, I suppose. What do you think of the sound of the Silva Screen Tim ?
By tim28212
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Oh you're right that's Silva Screen too, but it's the same as the Contempo release, Minus the Non Dracula tracks. The Silva screen has music from Hands Of The Ripper : A6 Main Titles / Trance / Mrs. Golding's Murder / Anna's Theme 10:33 and music from Vampire Circus : B1 Prologue 9:15. interesting. the Silva screen is therefore cramming like....28 minutes on side A ? Contempo's release must sound better, I suppose. What do you think of the sound of the Silva Screen Tim ?
@nathan, I don't have the Contemp to compare it to. It is pushing close to 28 minutes but sounds great on my system.
By havershaw
I’m gonna have to get that Silva Screen then.

Anyone else with the Contempo notice noise problems? I have lot of crackling on mine and I’ve had it ultra sonically cleaned, which helped, but did not eliminate.

I love the music on it but I don’t listen too often cause it’s so noisy. Maybe I just got a bad one?
By Hatter313
Oh dude that’s awesome! I’m glad!
By static14
I’d really like to see Eric Serra’s score for Goldeneye get a release. Listening to Barry’s score for The Living Daylights right now and I’d be amazed if this hadn’t influenced Serra’s work on Goldeneye.
By Mateo Sanboval
What about the Heat score/soundtrack? I'd spin that on wax.
By ScoJo
Heat has been high on my list since rinsing my original CD copy through the 90s. As far as song curation, its my favourite Mann after Manhunter, and Goldenthal's score is immense. I can even deal with the multiple Moby cuts - though I'm pretty sure that Joy Division/New Order(?) cover doesn't hold up...
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm Heat has been high on my list since rinsing my original CD copy through the 90s. As far as song curation, its my favourite Mann after Manhunter, and Goldenthal's score is immense. I can even deal with the multiple Moby cuts - though I'm pretty sure that Joy Division/New Order(?) cover doesn't hold up...
Yeah, the Moby tunes are fine. Enjoyable even. Just give me a couple of the unreleased cues like Vince Shoots Neil and the unused Hand In Hand that Goldenthal composed and recorded for the final shot and credits but was replaced with a Moby cut. There's boot out there that includes it and it's a great cut. Lore has it that EG liked it so much he rejiggered the composition a bit and replaced the guitars with bagpipes and used it for the finale of Michael Collins.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:05 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm Heat has been high on my list since rinsing my original CD copy through the 90s. As far as song curation, its my favourite Mann after Manhunter, and Goldenthal's score is immense. I can even deal with the multiple Moby cuts - though I'm pretty sure that Joy Division/New Order(?) cover doesn't hold up...
Yeah, the Moby tunes are fine. Enjoyable even. Just give me a couple of the unreleased cues like Vince Shoots Neil and the unused Hand In Hand that Goldenthal composed and recorded for the final shot and credits but was replaced with a Moby cut. There's boot out there that includes it and it's a great cut. Lore has it that EG liked it so much he rejiggered the composition a bit and replaced the guitars with bagpipes and used it for the finale of Michael Collins.
^ This...... I did not know.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:36 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:05 pm
^ This...... I did not know.
I might still have a spare trick or three tucked under my sleeve.
By monsterworship
ScoJo wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:15 pm Someone should do Brad Fiedel's early horror scores for Just Before Dawn (weird whistling/drone shiz) and Night School (just watched this one, classy synth slasher sounds!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25Jq_uAB5qQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnpqHv42SmU
ive mentioned this before. this was actually the first project I tried to do. I did contact Brad F, he told me that the masters were gone.