Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
seriously hope to see the following 2LP extended versions on Mondo in 2017 (Goldsmith related):

Basic Instinct
Total Recall
Chinatown
By Mateo Sanboval
skeletonbutt wrote:Commando
Ravenous
The Weather Man
I remember Ravenous having a really interesting score. Been a long time; I may need to revisit that soon.
By Occhionero
After I have finished "The Young Pope" I really hope for a release of this great music. Imho the best work by a music supervisor in the last years.
By reddye6
I'd like vinyl for soundtracks that have only been released on CD-R. I've had enough experimental CD-R releases go belly up after a number of years that I don't feel like purchasing any of these on disc.

The Strangers
Contagion
Annabelle
The Conjuring 2
By skeletonbutt
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:Commando
Ravenous
The Weather Man
I remember Ravenous having a really interesting score. Been a long time; I may need to revisit that soon.
It's fantastic, give it another listen!

Also, The Weather Man has a great Hans Zimmer score that hasn't been (officially) released on ANY format but I would love an LP of it. Are people not aware of the film or just think the score sucks? Both are worth checking out!
By danwh1tepony
reddye6 wrote:I'd like vinyl for soundtracks that have only been released on CD-R. I've had enough experimental CD-R releases go belly up after a number of years that I don't feel like purchasing any of these on disc.

The Strangers
Contagion
Annabelle
The Conjuring 2
The Conjuring 2 was released a few weeks back as a picture disc by Watertower with the original Conjuring. Not perfect as it is only selections from the score but I grabbed a copy which is on its way to the UK.

http://watertower-music.shop.musictoday ... 2316_82611
By Mateo Sanboval
Mr Lemonoue wrote:I'm missing this

Hans Zimmer: Broken Arrow
Hans Zimmer: Crimson Tide
Harold Faltermeyer: Beverly Hills Cop 1&2
Harold Faltermeyer: Fletch
Harold Faltermeyer: Cop Out
Planet Terror
The Rock
First of all, any fan of Faltermeyer is a friend of mine. Nice list. And, second, vinyl in gerneral is missing most of those scores. Fletch in particular since it doesn't actually exist in an official capacity.
By Bezulsqy
phantomnoir wrote:Someone should release "Don't Go In The House":
I agree. Watched that movie about a year ago for the first time. Loved it. Always thought Waxwork records would releases this. But by now there are numerous labels where this title would fit. Not sure why it hasn't been released yet.
By phantomnoir
Bezulsqy wrote:
I agree. Watched that movie about a year ago for the first time. Loved it. Always thought Waxwork records would releases this. But by now there are numerous labels where this title would fit. Not sure why it hasn't been released yet.
Saw it ages ago. I own it on VHS under the name "Pyromaniac". I remember some of it was really cheesy and some of it was really disturbing.
By Bezulsqy
phantomnoir wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:
Saw it ages ago. I own it on VHS under the name "Pyromaniac". I remember some of it was really cheesy and some of it was really disturbing.
The first kill is early in the movie and is really disturbing. After that the kills and shocks are really restrained but at the same time keep you on your toes because of the anticipation created by that first kill.
By Mateo Sanboval
phantomnoir wrote:Witch Hunt by Angelo Badalamenti :

Phantom, what an absolutely brilliant pull.

Y'know...I might know a fella who can put their hands on a nearly complete copy of the promo score that never got pressed. Just sayin'.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

Y'know...I might know a fella who can put their hands on a nearly complete copy of the promo score that never got pressed. Just sayin'.
I know a fella who would be interested in that as well :)

I want both this and cast a deadly spell remastered on Blu-ray badly, Cast a deadly spell did get remastered for broadcast a year or so ago and has been available on hbo go for a while, but I want witch hunt too!
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

I know a fella who would be interested in that as well :)

I want both this and cast a deadly spell remastered on Blu-ray badly, Cast a deadly spell did get remastered for broadcast a year or so ago and has been available on hbo go for a while, but I want witch hunt too!
@Hatter - I couldn't agree more! That remaster of Cast A Deadly Spell is on Amazon Prime now as well.

PS - I believe you lads know how DMs work.
By Hatter313
skeletonbutt wrote:I want Ry Cooder's score to Streets of Fire.
correct
By skeletonbutt
Hatter313 wrote:
correct
I just found a download of James Horner's rejected score to Streets of Fire that apparently sounds like Commando, which is one of my favorites, so that will have to suffice until then. Has anyone heard it before? Any good?
By Mateo Sanboval
skeletonbutt wrote:
Hatter313 wrote:
correct
I just found a download of James Horner's rejected score to Streets of Fire that apparently sounds like Commando, which is one of my favorites, so that will have to suffice until then. Has anyone heard it before? Any good?
Did you get a full score, Skel? Because I've only ever heard a couple of "suites" of his rejected score. One is a pretty dubious mashup and the other is probably legit. The legit one sounds very much like it's from his Commando/Red Heat/ Gorky Park/48 hrs period. Y'know, the good shit. Anyhow, I've never even heard of more than that ten minute piece being out there. I'd love to hear the entire thing. I'd also love to hear his unused score for Young Guns; I've heard it's got a Celtic theme running through it!
By Hatter313
I had no idea that was even a thing

Speaking of Horner, I want something wicked this way comes on wax

And uh......wolfen, anybody else want wolfen? Mateo? I feel like maybe you want wolfen