Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:I had no idea that was even a thing

Speaking of Horner, I want something wicked this way comes on wax

And uh......wolfen, anybody else want wolfen? Mateo? I feel like maybe you want wolfen
Huh? Wolfen? I dunno. Maybe. As long as it isn-FUCKYESIWANTWOLFEN!!
By Hatter313
And I want it to have a locked groove of drunk tom waits singing in the bar
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:And I want it to have a locked groove of drunk tom waits singing in the bar
That's a deep goddam cut, Hat. A deep goddam cut.
By Hatter313
*takes a bow*
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Tom Waits is in Wolfen.
Give that man a cigar!
By skeletonbutt
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Did you get a full score, Skel? Because I've only ever heard a couple of "suites" of his rejected score. One is a pretty dubious mashup and the other is probably legit. The legit one sounds very much like it's from his Commando/Red Heat/ Gorky Park/48 hrs period. Y'know, the good shit. Anyhow, I've never even heard of more than that ten minute piece being out there. I'd love to hear the entire thing. I'd also love to hear his unused score for Young Guns; I've heard it's got a Celtic theme running through it!
We must have heard the same thing because the bit I heard was only 11-12 minutes long, though I'm not sure if I heard the mash-up version or the legit one. It did sound A LOT like Commando, but instead of the tropical feel that the steel drums provided, it almost sound a little more Asian influenced.
By Bezulsqy
Talking about Wolfen.

Checking PDR website I see no added titles. Sub titles should have gone up two days ago. And final day of sale should be today. However you never know with PDR. Maybe tomorrow he will announce a new sub and new titles.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Give that man a cigar!
No, really - he's in it!
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Give that man a cigar!
No, really - he's in it!
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Talking about Wolfen.

Checking PDR website I see no added titles. Sub titles should have gone up two days ago. And final day of sale should be today. However you never know with PDR. Maybe tomorrow he will announce a new sub and new titles.
I don't know how to feel about this.
By Hatter313
I feel like this has come up before, but while on the topic of 80s comedy scores, I’ll just throw it in again. Can we PLEASE get ghostbusters on wax. The score is one of the best scores of the genre and it deserves a proper listen on a proper format. This seems like a no brainer for a label like Mondo honestly. I imagine there’s some licensing nightmares with that property though.

And fright night while I’m at it for crissakes.
By monsterworship
Hatter313 wrote:I feel like this has come up before, but while on the topic of 80s comedy scores, I’ll just throw it in again. Can we PLEASE get ghostbusters on wax. The score is one of the best scores of the genre and it deserves a proper listen on a proper format. This seems like a no brainer for a label like Mondo honestly. I imagine there’s some licensing nightmares with that property though.

And fright night while I’m at it for crissakes.

The original masters for Fright Night are lost. The intrada CD is pretty complete and has extensive liner notes of how they pieced the tracks together from various sources for the release., I just don't think the quality is there for vinyl.
By Hatter313
Yeah I remember reading those liner notes now that you mention it, oh well :(
By Hatter313
phantomnoir wrote:The "Alien: Isolation" video game soundtrack is amazing. Composed by Christian Henson, Joe Henson, Alexis Smith.

Please someone, do us a favor and release that on vinyl!

https://hqcovers.net/2015/01/13/alien-i ... goldsmith/
I just bought a PS4 and this i one of the games i picked up, looking forward to the experience
By chiefbrody
Been listening to Beasts of the Southern Wild this morning. Great score, even better film. Short but deserves a vinyl release.
By chiefbrody
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:Been listening to Beasts of the Southern Wild this morning. Great score, even better film. Short but deserves a vinyl release.
Apparently someone agreed with you.
https://www.discogs.com/Dan-Romer-And-B ... se/4134344
Cheers @mateo. I knew it wasn't widely available, but didn't know it had been released before. I see the label has only one release, and that cover (if that is the cover) looks surprisingly sparse. I wonder if it's a boot (wild speculation on my part).
By Hatter313
phantomnoir wrote:Someone should release "Don't Go In The House":

Lol, you called it last year. This will be the first sub title.
By phantomnoir
Hatter313 wrote:
phantomnoir wrote:Someone should release "Don't Go In The House":

Lol, you called it last year. This will be the first sub title.
Nice!!
By static14
Tyler Bates score for Doomsday please. Absolutely love that score and the movie is pure fun also.

And also his score for Slither while we’re at it.
By havershaw
yes, Fletch PLEASE.

my biggest ones would be:

- expanded Temple of Doom (it is ridiculous this doesn’t already exist)
- expanded Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- film version of JW’s Dracula
- expanded The Black Hole
- The Love Bug (never released in any format)
- The Mummy (1959 Hammer version)
- Amityville 3D
- Twin Peaks S2 and more (sounds like this is coming!)
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
- Mulholland Drive (a reissue would be nice)
- Punch Drunk Love

I could also do an entire category of “most wanted Herrmann”:

- Psycho from the OG tapes
- Fahrenheit 451
- Jason and the Argonauts
- expanded 7th Voyage of Sinbad
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Joy In the Morning
- Endless night (there’s no existing release of this on any format)
- It’s Alive
- On Dangerous Ground
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro
- The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (film version)
- Cape Fear (legit version)

This year is the 50th Anniversary of The Love Bug and the 40th of The Black Hole.
I did email Intrada and ask them about the plausibility of a new vinyl Black Hole and they said they only had CD rights.