Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
This Taxi Driver release as well as the interview WW did last week about releasing some non-horror scores, like The Warriors, got me thinking. I'd love to see Chinatown reissued on vinyl. A great score for an all-time classic picture. It is also a fairly unique score for Goldsmith, musically, with piano string manipulations, etc. While it hasn't been issued on vinyl since 1975, it isn't a crazy expensive or hard to find LP, but there are several unused cues that would be amazing additions to a reissue should they be available.

EDIT: Not saying that WW needs to reissue Chinatown, just that it's on my wishlist. The WW interview/TD reissue did get my gears turning though.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
inhave a feeling they will be doing Aguirre and some other popul vuh/herzog scores based on popul vuhs statement a while back and the recent interview. I picked up the wah wah reissue of Aguirre that dropped around their Nosferatu, but if pick up a waxwork version in record time. I love that he is expanding their sphere to non horror titles too, the taxi driver release is a beauty.
By ScoJo
Anyone else loving 10 Cloverfield Lane, both movie and score?

I've been having a little back and forth with composer @bearmccreary and his label @SparksShadows, demanding the score on vinyl. Drop them a tweet if you agree!

I also knocked up this for fun....
10 Cloverfield Lane OST.jpg
10 Cloverfield Lane OST.jpg (795.68 KiB) Viewed 7270 times
By Mateo Sanboval
I haven't seen it and it's out of the theaters here. Couldn't get a good read on the picture from the trailer, but I've seen it mentioned favorably a few times 'round here.
By Bezulsqy
Missed it as well in the theaters. Really wanted to see it together with my girlfriends son. He became 16 last Thursday and because of the age limit we couldn't go earlier. But the last showing of it was last Wednesday... I loved the trailer.
By ScoJo
It's REALLY good guys. Not everyone is feeling the last reel it seems - I must have been in exactly the right mood, because it had me by the bollocks from soup to nuts. LOVED it. And the score is the best action/thriller/suspense score that I've heard for a very long while. Very auspicious move into movies for Mr McCreary.

I do realise however that part of the film's power over me derived from the fact that it put my beloved, Mary Winstead, into a shit tonn of peril throughout. Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
By Hatter313
I'll fight you for her scojo. Thunderdome :)
By Mateo Sanboval
ImageLet's get this done.
By AleksSpectre
Two wishes on vinyl ;

Sette orchidee macchiate di rosso 1972
Music by : Riz Ortolani
Directed by Umberto Lenzi

& La Trancheuse infernale aka : L'Uomo senza memoria
Directed by : Duccio Tessari
Music by : Gianni Ferrio
With the beautiful song by Gianni Ferrio Feat. Rossella - Labyrinthus

Voilà...
By Spun out of control
ScoJo wrote:Anyone else loving 10 Cloverfield Lane, both movie and score?

I've been having a little back and forth with composer @bearmccreary and his label @SparksShadows, demanding the score on vinyl. Drop them a tweet if you agree!

I also knocked up this for fun....
The attachment 10 Cloverfield Lane OST.jpg is no longer available
Did I sleep on this announcement, or is the Cloverfield vinyl brand spanking new?
https://mondotees.com/collections/the-b ... track-2xlp

Attachments
10CL_FC_1024x1024.jpg
10CL_FC_1024x1024.jpg (127.46 KiB) Viewed 6492 times
By Mateo Sanboval
How the heck did you ever find this, Spun?
By Mateo Sanboval
Spun, you ol' bloodhound, you.
By Hatter313
Totally a secret release, snagged!
By Aremagod
I'd love to get the score to Dark Tower on vinyl......not that great of a movie but I really like Stacey Widelitz's score.