Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By phantomnoir
Couldn't find the old topic, so here's a new one.

I'd love to see this being reissued

This LP is so rare.
By Red Goblin
I have the original LP and a label is using it as a model for a forthcoming re-release.
A very rare album and apparently is missing a decent copy in Cinevox archives (circumstance unfortunately quite usual for this label).
By phantomnoir
How interesting Red Goblin! Can you tell us a bit more? Is this being reissued on vinyl? I hope so!!

What do you mean about copies missing in Cinevox archives?
By Hatter313
Highlander - Michael Kamen.

I feel like Mondo would be the perfect label to do this. its an orchestral score, a pop culture classic of a specific generation. and a composer they've already shown an affinity for.

only 5 score tracks have ever been released for this. to me, Michael Kamen's scores are right up there with Horner and Goldsmith for defining genre pictures of the 80's and 90's (and obviously some spill over on either side of that timeframe for some)
By Hatter313
Yeah i would totally go with a composite of score and queen's songs if it could be done. especially the way "who wants to live forever" is woven into the score itself.

Even just having the film arrangements of some of the Queen pieces that never got released would be great. a lot of the release version from hits CDs and Kind of Magic are reworked from their film versions.

Seriously though, the opening titles by Kamen are so good.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:Yeah i would totally go with a composite of score and queen's songs if it could be done. especially the way "who wants to live forever" is woven into the score itself.

Even just having the film arrangements of some of the Queen pieces that never got released would be great. a lot of the release version from hits CDs and Kind of Magic are reworked from their film versions.

Seriously though, the opening titles by Kamen are so good.
Great call, Hatter. I've never owned a proper Highlander soundtrack, but I'd always heard that they were incomplete or rearranged in some fashion. Odd that this was the case seeing as Queen and the film itself were fairly popular at the time. Although it does begin the Highlander Tradition of never actually releasing anything unmolested.
By deafmetal
After only being familiar with the 45 single on Cinevox, I picked up the expanded CD album on Chris' Soundtrack Corner and was really floored by the quality of the full album. The theme has been rolling around in my head all day long today:

I wonder if some of these tracks will show up on the upcoming Magnetic Systems compilation by Finders Keepers?
By horrornasties
After watching Anthropophagus tonight I was thinking why the hell isnt there an LP of Marcello Giombini's music from the film (or at least I don't think there is?). Such a shame. I have the title track on my iPod From a bootleg CD my friend had in high school but having a fully expanded release would be intense!
By monsterworship
I could be mistaken but I think the masters are lost for Anthro..
I wanted to do Erotic Nights of The Living Dead and that's what i read.
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote:I could be mistaken but I think the masters are lost for Anthro..
Would love both of those, but I have also heard the masters are no more. The theme from Erotic Nights... is incredible. I listen to Roger Conrad's reworking of it on the regular.
By horrornasties
monsterworship wrote:I could be mistaken but I think the masters are lost for Anthro..
wow, such a damn shame!

@deaf yea that Roger Conrad/Deak Ferance split is great!
By deafmetal
I had a proper listen this week to a digital version of the Requiem for a Dream OST (after not revisiting it for a quite a while), and I was once again floored by the incredible impact that soundtrack still has on me. I listened to that OST nearly on repeat after seeing the film back in 2000, and it continues to resonate emotionally, and immediately plunges me back into that dark film. The jump in complexity from Mansell's work on the theme for Pi in 1998 to Requiem is almost supernatural.

I know that Mondo has teased either this album or The Fountain on vinyl, and I would be thrilled with either one, but Requiem really is something special and deserving a vinyl release, and that is in no small part due to the excellent work by The Kronos Quartet on the score.
By Mateo Sanboval
334578rpm wrote:Requiem is rumored as an RSD release this year.
They're doing a good job keeping it under wraps.
By Hatter313
I may never forgive what that soundtrack did to movie trailers....it is a good one though.
By chiefbrody
As far as I'm aware, The Road by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis has never been released on vinyl. I've been listening to their scores a lot recently, and the White Lunar compilation, which is also unavailable on vinyl, but essential in my eyes.
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote:Anyone know if Schindler's List ever been released on vinyl?
I don't believe so.
By NMA
Somos Lo Que Hay (We Are What We Are) (2010, Mexico)
This should definitely get a vinyl release asap!