Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Wooo.... REMO OST coming to vinyl later this year from NoteForNote :)

Screen shot 2020-03-30 at 20.55.19.png
Screen shot 2020-03-30 at 20.55.19.png (751.27 KiB) Viewed 5046 times

Love this great Safan 80s action score!

By skeletonbutt
i think he was supposed to be an american james bond, but the series never went beyond the first entry. the theme is almost instantly recognizable even if you've never heard it before. but of what, i'm not sure. it reminds me of something but i can never quite put my finger on what exactly.
By Bub
skeletonbutt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 pm i think he was supposed to be an american james bond, but the series never went beyond the first entry. the theme is almost instantly recognizable even if you've never heard it before. but of what, i'm not sure. it reminds me of something but i can never quite put my finger on what exactly.
Yeah, I'm excited for this one. I haven't seen it years but if I recall correctly, just before the closing credits there was something to the effect of a part 2 was also coming, "the adventure was just beginning" or something like that. I always wondered if anything else came after the first entry. Well, looking it up now, apparently there was a TV movie in 1988 & a 2017 release though it doesn't look to be an official entry as it's SOV & appears low budget.

Remo Williams: The Prophecy (1988)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236677/

Remo Williams 2: The Adventure Continues (2017)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6772978/
https://archive.org/details/SCV8_1

Skeletonbutt, maybe you're thinking of The Last Starfighter also by Craig Safan

By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:54 pm Wooo.... REMO OST coming to vinyl later this year from NoteForNote :)

Screen shot 2020-03-30 at 20.55.19.png

Love this great Safan 80s action score!

I LOVE this score and this movie! Great news
By skeletonbutt
Bub wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:19 pm Skeletonbutt, maybe you're thinking of The Last Starfighter also by Craig Safan

i've never seen the last starfighter or heard that song i don't think! i want to say it reminds me of a 70s or 80s tv show theme. maybe gi joe? i'm not sure.
By ScoJo
skeletonbutt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:21 am
Bub wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:19 pm Skeletonbutt, maybe you're thinking of The Last Starfighter also by Craig Safan

i've never seen the last starfighter or heard that song i don't think! i want to say it reminds me of a 70s or 80s tv show theme. maybe gi joe? i'm not sure.
Well, it does have a hecka A-Team vibe to it ;) and a splash of Airwolf....
By skeletonbutt
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 am
skeletonbutt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:21 am

Well, it does have a hecka A-Team vibe to it ;) and a splash of Airwolf....
yes, of course it's a-team. thank you for that. i'm not too familiar with the show but somehow the theme song ingrained itself into my head.
By tim28212
static14 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm I think i’m gonna pass on that lost cues album. $25 for a 4 song ep? And it’s just bridging cues.
agree, easy pass since I already have them in the Notefornote release.
By NathanLurker
Is it 4 songs ? it's a 45 RPM and the pictures show that side A has 2 songs, but does side B contain 2 songs as well ?
I bought the slipcase bundle. The cues are newly recorded by John Carpenter and I need them, for academic purpose. Also for street cred. Also because of OCD.
By tim28212
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm Is it 4 songs ? it's a 45 RPM and the pictures show that side A has 2 songs, but does side B contain 2 songs as well ?
I bought the slipcase bundle. The cues are newly recorded by John Carpenter and I need them, for academic purpose. Also for street cred. Also because of OCD.
From the pic of the back cover, side A has "Main Theme" and "Burn It", side B has "To Macs Shack" and Fuchs". I would hope that he expands on all of these because 2 are under 2 minutes and 2 are under 3.
By NathanLurker
Ah, Thanks Tim ! I think the back cover pic is only on the sacredbones webstore, I didn't see it on bandcamp or Waxwork's. Yeah that's pretty short unless they expanded on them, if we consider the track lengths from the Alan Howarth re-recordings. At least, they'll probably be available digital for those who dont want to spend too much.
By static14
@Nathan that $25 is better put towards buying the notefornote 2xLP release. It sounds amazing, and all ready has those cues. :)

WW loves to use phrases that aren’t true. “Complete”, “first time on vinyl” etc.
By skeletonbutt
static14 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm @Nathan that $25 is better put towards buying the notefornote 2xLP release. It sounds amazing, and all ready has those cues. :)

WW loves to use phrases that aren’t true. “Complete”, “first time on vinyl” etc.
are they clueless or intentionally misleading? or marketing to people who really don't know any better (or care)
By static14
I think it’s a combo of both. I think they’re too small a business to have any real marketing people.

Like when they announced recently that F13 VII & VIII would be the first time those scores have ever been released on any format. That is unless you count the CD with both scores BSX released like 15 years ago.

Or Manhunter being the complete score. It isn’t

Or Cruising being the complete score. It isn’t

Etc.
By skeletonbutt
maybe it's just a disconnect between the marketing people and the people who actually do the research regarding the scores and their sources. a while ago they announced the us score and mentioned the packaging and the artists who did it but nothing about the music.
By static14
The guy who runs the label has openly said a lot of this stuff. But who knows. I’m not trying to rag on them, just take a lot of what they say with an enormous grain of salt. :)
By NathanLurker
static14 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm @Nathan that $25 is better put towards buying the notefornote 2xLP release. It sounds amazing, and all ready has those cues. :)

I have the notefornote release as well and I like it very much. I can't pass on the new cues releases though. New recordings by John Carpenter and co, I want to compare and I'd feel my 'The Thing' collection would be incomplete without it. I actually bought the Deluxe slipcase even though I already have the previous deluxe box from WW. Some titles I don't mind double dipping a bit.

I agree though that the 25$ cost is expensive for the lenght of that record. Especially knowing that SacredBones have put out the John Carpenter singles in 2016 and they were reasonably priced. I think I found them at 17$CAD.
By ScoJo
Im in for the Lost Cues. Being such a Stan for JC I have to say, it's just fantastic that at this point in his life/career, he is on a record label! And one who obviously have a good relationship with him where they can approach him with ideas for projects/releases and he is into it. Plus he has a great pair of collaborators to help him do so. I guess I'm just 100% in for the entire JC/SB ride. I can only imagine that they are hard at work on Lost Themes III :)