Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:59 am
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 am Can anyone explain this release two headed dog will be selling? Didn't Donald Rubenstein do the OST for Martin? Is this a "re score" or an "alternate score"

https://www.facebook.com/36221759729574 ... 205418803/
Holy crap, this finally happened?! I recall having the conversation here a while back with RedGoblin, about this music.

The Italian cut of Martin was named Wampyr and replaced the Rubinstein score with Goblin tracks edited from existing LPs, and a couple of original cues by a diff composer. I def want it though!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O55L3KuO-kw
Nice, hopefully it's easily available. The last RSD release I really wanted was the Koyaaniskatsi OST and it was gone everywhere online except resellers and was 100+. And sadly I have no record stores near me that participate.
By inksb
WRWTFWW just put up a pre-order for Evil Dead Trap score. Unfortunately they went for a picture disc only on this? I'll wait and see if they do another pressing. I watched Evil Dead Trap a few months ago and I'm honestly surprised there's enough music for a release, the film seems to use the same cue every 3-5 minutes through out. I'd be very curious to hear this whole score.

https://wrwtfww.com/album/evil-dead-tra ... soundtrack

This isn't a score to anything real but it's a fake score emulating that early 80's Italian horror we all love so dear, give it a listen I think a bunch of you may enjoy it. Unfortunately for us US based folks it's not worth buying direct unless you want to pay over $50 which isn't ideal for a single LP. I'll be waiting to see if Mondo or 2HD get copies.

https://libraryoftheoccult.bandcamp.com ... olar-crypt
By NathanLurker
I jumped on EVIL DEAD TRAP as soon as I heard about WRWTFWW's announcement ! This is a sort of holy grail for me, I love Evil Dead Trap, it's one of those early cult asian horror I discovered when I first started to discover asian cinema. I love the repetitive theme. There's multiple variations of the main theme that plays throughout the movie, it's redundant but I love it. I had a digital version of this, I think it's maybe 20 something minutes of music.
By inksb
It's a pretty good film, I think for me it was that I had always heard was great and when I finally sat down to watch it didn't quite live up to the hype? I still enjoyed it but my expectations were probably higher than they should have been. Like I said I'm interested in this but don't really want a picture disc.
By Bub
Tangerine Dream Firestarter reissue

New liner notes by Randall D. Larson explain how the band did not score to picture, but created “wild” cues to be used by the film’s music editors. Hence this 11 track program is the same as MCA Records’ 1984 soundtrack album, released by Varèse Sarabande on CD in 1990, and newly remastered for this long-awaited reissue. The LP is pressed on stunning “Fuego” colored vinyl.

https://www.varesesarabande.com/product ... -exclusive
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bub wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:03 pm Tangerine Dream Firestarter reissue

New liner notes by Randall D. Larson explain how the band did not score to picture, but created “wild” cues to be used by the film’s music editors. Hence this 11 track program is the same as MCA Records’ 1984 soundtrack album, released by Varèse Sarabande on CD in 1990, and newly remastered for this long-awaited reissue. The LP is pressed on stunning “Fuego” colored vinyl.

https://www.varesesarabande.com/product ... -exclusive
I hope this is available elsewhere in black later.
By inksb
New York Ninja is a great score. I have a bunch of 4K and bluray in my cart but still not sure I want to pull the trigger lol.
By inksb
Well this is a really cool release. I don't go for too many Cadabra records bc I just don't find myself revisiting the ones I have all that much unless it has an isolated score one one side but I may make the exception here.

https://cadabrarecords.com/collections/ ... nd-moebius

Alejandro Jodorowsky & Moebius, The Eyes of the Cat LP - Score by Fabio Frizzi

This vinyl variant is also available oversees through Psilowave.com

"Meduz and the Hunt" vinyl variant - transparent yellow vinyl

* Limited pressing on 150 gram vinyl

* Printed on a deluxe heavy weight gatefold tip-on jacket

* Includes insert with liner notes by Aaron Lupton and Fabio Frizzi

* Art by Moebius

* Includes a 24" x 36" promotional poster

About:

Though both men have been working in psychotronic cinema and the arts for well over five decades each, it's only now that multi-hyphenate Alejandro Jodorowsky and composer Fabio Frizzi have been paired together on a project. Appropriately enough for two artists known for challenging perceptions of what they're known for, this album is not the score to a film, but for a comic book, and one published nearly 45 years ago, at that. Jodorowsky's Eyes of the Cat also marked his first collaboration with the legendary French artist Jean “Moebius” Giraud, making this a coming-together of not just two, but three titans of genre entertainment, what Frizzi himself calls in the liner notes, “an ambitious luminaria.”

To appropriately capture the sounds he wanted, Frizzi reached back to utilize some of the very equipment he was using at the time of Eyes of the Cat's original release, meaning that many of the synthesizers on which this score was recorded were also those which soundtracked the films on which he worked with director Lucio Fulci. The end result are compositions which have a familiar tone, but with 40 years' worth of skill behind them. The opening tones of "The Cat," paired as they are with acoustic guitar and that instantly-recognizable electric bass, will no doubt remind the listener of The Beyond, but the insistent drums behind it all and its sudden rise mid-song will rapidly debase any notion that this music is treading famililar ground.

"Meduz and the Crime" pairs metal guitar, violin, and a subtly percolating synth sting into something absolutely sinister. Coming at the album's midpoint, Frizzi utilizes these three very different sounds to create a piece which evokes deep sadness, as well, tugging at the listener's heartstrings while all the while hinting at what's taking place.

Frizzi, here, has crafted the perfect audio interpretation for Eyes of the Cat. Much as Jodorowsky and Moebius allowed the artwork to tell the story, here one can follow the tale, simply by listening. Aptly, the album comes in at just around 25 minutes, meaning one can read the comic while listening, and really immerse themselves in the experience, allowing the story, images, and music to unfold and take hold. As Aaron Lupton writes in the liner notes, “This is stuff old dreams were made of, so put the needle on the record and let them soar once more.”
ImageImage
By ScoJo
EOTC is an all time favourite graphic story for me, I will be trying to get a copy of this. Very curious what maestro Fabio has cooked up as a soundtrack to reading the story.
By ScoJo
Thanks. It looks like I've secured one
direct from US through a bud. Liking the sample track excerpts for this! I'm really hoping the large poster is just one of Moebius' iconic images.

If by any chance anyone is unfamiliar with the graphic story, jump on it asap. One of the greats.
By reddye6
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:13 pm Thanks. It looks like I've secured one
direct from US through a bud. Liking the sample track excerpts for this! I'm really hoping the large poster is just one of Moebius' iconic images.

If by any chance anyone is unfamiliar with the graphic story, jump on it asap. One of the greats.
The poster is the album cover art.
By ScoJo
Holy mackeral - just browsing new releases and had no idea this utter Goldsmith grail had been pressed by Quartet! Immediate purchase. Look into it if you're not familiar with this stunning 60s science fiction thriller and it's score.

E9E57428-FC19-48AE-906F-195753C70A0A-3157-00000469752EF522.jpg
E9E57428-FC19-48AE-906F-195753C70A0A-3157-00000469752EF522.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
By ScoJo
Available to pre order (Sept release), 1500 copies. Mostly unreleased and rare tracks.

2775D132-F7A9-4BFC-8E9C-D5D29FEB6C83-3982-0000058616429BD3.jpg
2775D132-F7A9-4BFC-8E9C-D5D29FEB6C83-3982-0000058616429BD3.jpg (21.37 KiB) Viewed 998 times

Francois DE ROUBAIX
Du Jazz A L'electro 1965-1975 (limited numbered gatefold 180 gram audiophile yellow vinyl LP)

Music On Vinyl
Cat: MOVATM 345C.
Rel: 16 Sep 22

Jazz
The Survivors Summary
The Tango Survivors
The Survivors Theme Whistle
Sarlino
Cointreau
Michelin Radial
Coral
Night Rate (Instrumental)
Night Rate (Sung version)
fiat coupe
Muratti
Maniatis
Megeve Mont D'arbois
From Paris to Everest
Cashmere
Three Children In Nepal
Everest
Tradition
Mobyx
Cubism, Paintings
The future of the future
By ScoJo
Reissue of the Performance OST from Rhino. I have two somewhat worse for wear original 1970 pressings, so actually quite thrilled to get a new cut of this. Rhino generally do good stuff, I'll take all the Nitzsche I can get. That opening theme with synth drones/slide guitar is an utter hall of famer!

CS849059-01A-BIG.jpg
CS849059-01A-BIG.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 979 times

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/perform ... 849059-01/
By inksb
I've heard none of these and am very curious. I went to order that Goldsmith but it's gonna run me over $50 for a copy. I'll wait to see if any one stateside gets any in.
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:17 pm i grabbed the yellow one since it was $10 less.
I also picked up a copy of this version. I have been picking up either black or translucent vinyl from Cadabra when available as they usually price it a bit lower than their fancy splatters. The sample tracks sound quite good for this one.
By inksb
2HD has Seconds up for pre-order...for $49.00
Might as well just order direct from Quartet, it's damn near the same price and you know you'll at least get your copy.