Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
so the question is...

Waxworks has teased they are working on The Keep, is this so called The Keep soundtrack included in this new box set what they'll be releasing on vinyl? Or will we actually get the true score?
By ScoJo
tim28212 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm so the question is...

Waxworks has teased they are working on The Keep, is this so called The Keep soundtrack included in this new box set what they'll be releasing on vinyl? Or will we actually get the true score?
I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's vinyl version of this CD release Bez. I can't see any way that they are somehow in receipt of different/more film-accurate materials, as this version was the one officially sanctioned by TD/Froese. But hey, who knows? I look forward to them declaring 'FIRST TIME EVER LEGENDARY COMPLETE FILM SCORE'! :D (and secretly snickering into my sleeve/sending meaningful glances to about 20 other guys that I know around these parts heh heh)
By ScoJo
Holy smokes, I can't wait to see who is gonna be snapping up the vinyl rights for this - it has to be assumed to be WW based on their previous comments right?
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:43 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:31 pm https://i.imgur.com/RKdG4Op.jpg
Looks to be about 50 tracks on the "Library Music" CDs for the upcoming Dawn of the Dead Set.
I do not like that artwork on the stuff inside. At least the cover has the classic imagery.
Really? I love it.
Yeah I'm not a fan of floating head/character collage thing. Also the actual style it's done in doesn't do much for me. Just personal preference. I know people love it.
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:56 pm They had said so, but I wonder how much time these 50 tracks equates to. 144 min over 2 CDs if they are totally full.
So six sides/triple lp right? Let's hope so, I'm fully in!
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:33 pm
tim28212 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm so the question is...

I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's vinyl version of this CD release Bez. I can't see any way that they are somehow in receipt of different/more film-accurate materials, as this version was the one officially sanctioned by TD/Froese. But hey, who knows? I look forward to them declaring 'FIRST TIME EVER LEGENDARY COMPLETE FILM SCORE'! :D (and secretly snickering into my sleeve/sending meaningful glances to about 20 other guys that I know around these parts heh heh)
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:45 pm Strap in, men.

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/ennio- ... ore-vinyl/
Holy smokes. That's...really something. I wouldn't have held it against them if they'd sourced more than one beautiful, abstract image for the sleeves. The clips sound pretty great.
By Bezulsqy
https://www.terror-vision.com/store/555 ... -rodriguez
Hello Boils and Ghouls!

I could not be more excited to announce our next release. Welcome 555 to the Terror Vision roster! 555 was released in 88 and never had any sort of soundtrack release until now. This is part of the 'Terror Vision VHS Horror Favorites Series' which are all very limited (last one, Video Violence, sold out for example). 555 is near and dear to my heart seeing as I lived in that part of Chicago for many many years.

Here are the details:

- First time the score has been available on any format
- Stoughton gatefold packaging, full-color inner sleeve, colored wax, DL code
- Art/layout by Earl Kess

As per usual we're offering this as a bundle. The bundle gets you the LP, an exclusive 555 tee & the cassette (grab that here / bundle LTD to 50). Grab the cassette outside of the bundle here.
Attachments
1FAFFFFA-95C0-49E1-AB68-15DEE5703115.jpeg
1FAFFFFA-95C0-49E1-AB68-15DEE5703115.jpeg (147.43 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
By inksb
Thanks @bez, I got the email in the middle of the night Wednesday and completely forgot to order that. I grabbed the cassette and picked up Deadtime Stories. I think I'm only missing their WNUF cassette now.
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:09 pm Quartet records is releasing a 3xLP expanded version of Goldsmith’s Total Recall!

https://www.quartetrecords.com/product/ ... tion-3xlp/
So from what I decipher of their not-entirely-clear copy is that the OG LP release was re-recordings, and this represents 2-LPs worth of the actual film score, as well as the OG album (remixed in 2015) on the third disc.