Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Ghoulies is the one I really want. Not really too excited about ordering from them again at the moment. It took them over 3 months to get me Golden Dog.
By static14
inksb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:57 pm Ghoulies is the one I really want. Not really too excited about ordering from them again at the moment. It took them over 3 months to get me Golden Dog.
I had the same issue with Golden Dog
By reddye6
From a US standpoint, it isn't difficult to get WRWTFWW releases. Forced Exposure carries them, as does Dusty Groove.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:10 pm From a US standpoint, it isn't difficult to get WRWTFWW releases. Forced Exposure carries them, as does Dusty Groove.
Thanks, I knew about Forced Exposure carrying them although it's not everything. I'll have to check out Dusty Groove, I've had some great experiences with them lately.
By deafmetal
Stoked for the RZA's score release for Ghost Dog. Any info on the standard release? I'm going to pass on that red/white hazy vinyl in hopes for a black or translucent vinyl pressing.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 pm hahaha, yeah the name is unfortunate for sure.

But it’s a pretty great library record!
I sampled a few tracks last night on youtube and bought it. I'm really happy with Rappcats carrying these Sonar releases. It's saving me money and headaches
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:30 pm
havershaw wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 pm hahaha, yeah the name is unfortunate for sure.

But it’s a pretty great library record!
I sampled a few tracks last night on youtube and bought it. I'm really happy with Rappcats carrying these Sonar releases. It's saving me money and headaches
meeeeeee too! I liked buying stuff direct from Sonor but I think AA and Freedom Power took 2.5 months to get here, but the last one of their releases I bought direct from Rappcats was here a week after release.
By ScoJo
PILOTS OF PURPLE TWILIGHT, Virgin's follow up to IN SEARCH OF HADES Tangerine Dream boxset, will include osts for THE SOLDIER and THE KEEP.

https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2020 ... sMrdwmhYcg

Says it's 'from master tapes' but sadly, comparing tracklist with the TDI limited-to-150-copies tour CD from 1997 (and reprinted in edition of 300 in 1999), the track titles are all the same (though new box set omits 3 tracks - 'Sign in the Dark' 'Weird Village' and 'Love and Destiny') so I'm personally not especially hyped:

P.O.P.T. BOX SET DISC 10:

1 Puer Natus Est Nobis (Gloria)
2 Arx Allemand
3 Truth and Fiction
4 The Silver Seal
5 Ancient Powerplant
6 Supernatural Accomplice
7 The Challenger’s Arrival
8 Heritage Survival
9 Parallel Words
10 Canzone
11 Voices from a Common Land
12 Wardays Sunrise
13 The Night in Romania

TDI CD FROM 1997:

1 Puer Natus Est Nobis
2 Ancient Powerplant
3 The Silver Seal
4 Voices From A Common Land
5 Arx Allemand
6 The Night In Romania
7 Canzone
8 Sign In The Dark
9 Weird Village
10 Love And Destiny
11 The Challenger's Arrival
12 Supernatural Accomplice
13 Parallel Worlds
14 Truth And Fiction
15 Wardays Sunrise
16 Heritage Survival

If you want more info on why this particular set of music is interesting, even good, but NOT the music from the film...

FROM KIT RAE'S THE KEEP FANSITE:

1997 - THE KEEP ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK –TDI/Virgin (official TDI release) - At long last the official soundtrack of music from the film got a release - well, not exactly. Tangerine Dream released this rare 150 piece limited edition CD of their 'official' soundtrack, which sold at concerts in 1997. In 1999 another limited run of 300 was made with different cover art, sold through the Tangerine Dream International (TDI) website. Edgar Froese stated in 1997 that he had spent more than six weeks working to bring the original score material into a CD format. He said the CD would include most of the material known from the picture plus some of the tracks which have not been used within the movie due to director's decision. The sleeve notes state this is the only authorized soundtrack of the complete music material originally composed for the movie which was recorded in February 1983. This may be some of the complete music TD recorded for the movie, but only portions of 5 of the 16 tracks were actually used in the film, and despite the claim that this would "include most of the material known from the picture", it simply does not. None of the key tracks from the film are here.

Expectations were very high when this soundtrack was announced, then when people were actually able to listen to it there was extreme disappointment and even anger among the TD fan base. In no way should this be confused for the actual soundtrack to The Keep. Other than just a few of the sixteen tracks, it is stylistically and musically very different to anything in the film. This should be considered a 'lost' TD soundtrack or what ‘might have been’, but those expecting music from the film will be very disappointed. That said, this is a very good album of original Tangerine Dream material, with several excellent compositions. Had this music been used, it would have made The Keep a very different film, and probably made it feel more dated today, since this unused music includes a lot of sounds specific to the mid 1980's period. It also seems to have been updated with modern additional sounds, or "tangentized" to use Edgar Froese's term, and some tracks sound like they were recorded several years after The Keep based on the instrumentation used. That is probably what Edgar Froese was doing for those six weeks he worked to bring the music to CD format. It is a hard-to-find CD and expensive on the trading market. A few of these tracks (or similar versions) had already been played on German radio in 1987 and 1989, already appeared on the First Mix and Blue Moon bootlegs of The Keep, and the live 1982 concert bootleg Logostype/Logotype.

Interestingly the CD sleeve is printed with the copyrights ©TDI Music and the circle P symbol, Virgin. Circle P indicates a phono record copyright (cassette tapes, CDs, LPs, 45 rpm disks, as well as other formats), so the fact that Virgin is credited is an indication that they have rights to this original material composed by TD, but TDI is also credited. Perhaps the additional material recorded and added to the old tracks in 1997 for this release was to allow TD to claim copyright.

The only tracks to feature music from the film are The Night in Romania (first played in the live 1982 concerts), some of the underlying music in middle section of Canzone, and the first few minutes of Supernatural Accomplice. A small portion of Truth and Fiction is reminiscent of some of the vocoder music in the film, but this track was not used in the film. Puer Natus est Nobis is the same version of the Gloria track released on previous bootlegs, but additional instrumentation has been added here, and it is very different from the film version. In all, about six minutes of the sixty minutes of music on the disk was actually used in the film.