Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:02 pm https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/music- ... -for-thief

I thought I remembered hearing Waxwork was gonna put this one out
They probably still are...

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw some one reply under this announcement on twitter with "Holy grail record"

I guess it's probably good for them that one of their grails has been readily available for $5-$10 at any record shop world wide in the used section for the last 20+ years. lol
By NathanLurker
ScoJo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm Audio Fidelity > Mongo GZ Splatter Crapshoot

:)
Mondo will have a black version too on this one. So there's at least that.
I don't have the Audio Fidelity version, I'm wondering if Mondo's will have the same tracklist. I'll probably get one or the other at some point. it's a hole in my TD collection.
By inksb
I have an original US Elektra pressing and it sounds fine to me. I noticed there is a difference between the UK and US versions though. There's track called Confrontation by Craig Safan and Beach Scene is removed. Looks like the exact same track list as the Audio Fidelity version that ScoJo is talking about.
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:26 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm Audio Fidelity > Mongo GZ Splatter Crapshoot

:)
Mondo will have a black version too on this one. So there's at least that.
I don't have the Audio Fidelity version, I'm wondering if Mondo's will have the same tracklist. I'll probably get one or the other at some point. it's a hole in my TD collection.
I'd bet very good money it's the same tracklist. (*EDIT* in fact if you zoom in on the Mongo preview image, you can see it has same Side A four tracks as original US release/AF reissue) There's no expanded version of Thief out there - and I imagine that similar to the Audio Fidelity, this will be repress of the US release with Safan's 'Confrontation' on it. I've always rec'd to anyone who really digs that score to also pick up the original European LP which has no 'Confrontation' but does include the TD track 'Beach Scene' in it's place. The LP can be picked up for buttons.

US Tracklisting

Screen shot 2020-08-31 at 19.35.32.png
Screen shot 2020-08-31 at 19.35.32.png (16.55 KiB) Viewed 3524 times

European Tracklisting

Screen shot 2020-08-31 at 19.35.11.png
Screen shot 2020-08-31 at 19.35.11.png (12.2 KiB) Viewed 3524 times

By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:41 pm ah man. sucks. Would prefer to just buy one release. maybe have a 7'' included. But every repress misses one track or the other.
If you just wanna have the music sounding really fantastic, can't recommend the Audio Fidelity enough. Flawless pressing, and can be gotten for less than 20 bucks :)
By NathanLurker
ScoJo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:44 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:41 pm ah man. sucks. Would prefer to just buy one release. maybe have a 7'' included. But every repress misses one track or the other.
If you just wanna have the music sounding really fantastic, can't recommend the Audio Fidelity enough. Flawless pressing, and can be gotten for less than 20 bucks :)
I got that one on my wishlist, keeping an eye for it, but I haven't bought on discogs for a long time, because shipping is another 20$ from the us to Canada most of the time. so 25 USD becomes 45 USD which is 60$CAD which is the price of a new Waxwork record :P
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:52 pm
I got that one on my wishlist, keeping an eye for it, but I haven't bought on discogs for a long time, because shipping is another 20$ from the us to Canada most of the time. so 25 USD becomes 45 USD which is 60$CAD which is the price of a new Waxwork record :P
Yikes. That's.... a bitch.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:52 pm
I assume shipping went up? I haven't shipped anything to Cananda since last fall but it was only $10 USD for a record at that time. $20 is rough.
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 pm I assume shipping went up? I haven't shipped anything to Cananda since last fall but it was only $10 USD for a record at that time. $20 is rough.
Not sure what the actual price is for shipping from the US, but it definitely went up in 2016 or something, with the exchange rate going down the drain for me. But I think it's worse on ebay and discogs. I think I get 13$USD shipping from Mondo, and direct label webstores but on the cog and ebay, it's more.

like, right now there's a US seller selling the Thief Audi Fidelity pressing at 25 usd. but he charges 20 usd for shipping. I rarely see less than 15 usd for charges. The only way to get around it is to combine shipping with a large order.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Wish I had seen this before impulse buying the Elektra release :(
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:24 pm Bixio/Frizzi/Tempera - Sette Note In Nero 2LP retail black vinyl up for preorder at LitA for $34. Listing mentions it also includes a 425gsm gatefold jacket housed inside a spot varnish die-cut outer jacket. This makes me very happy.

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/70 ... te-in-nero
At least I know black will be available if the one I ordered has pressing issues.
By havershaw
I have a feeling that Mondo Sette Note LPs are shipping now. I have an incoming media mail package from Austin, TX on my radar, and I don’t have anything else I was expecting from Mondo, so I’m guessing that’s it.
I also looked on Mondo’s page for Sette Note and now it says it ships in 3-5 days.

Weird that I didn’t get a shipping notification from them, but this wouldn’t be the first time that a record From them showed up unannounced.

Good to know the black LITA version is an option too!
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:38 pm I have a feeling that Mondo Sette Note LPs are shipping now. I have an incoming media mail package from Austin, TX on my radar, and I don’t have anything else I was expecting from Mondo, so I’m guessing that’s it.
I also looked on Mondo’s page for Sette Note and now it says it ships in 3-5 days.

Weird that I didn’t get a shipping notification from them, but this wouldn’t be the first time that a record From them showed up unannounced.

Good to know the black LITA version is an option too!
I noticed the same thing, I have a package with "label created" in Austin TX and this record is the only I can think of that would be shipping from there.
By ScoJo
Disney's 2xLP RSD re-issue of TRON:LEGACY in September will have the 7 bonus tracks (two vinyl exclusive) featured previously on other formats. Blue vinyl, glow in the dark front sleeve logo.

That is all.
By ScoJo
That's right @red, though I was confused myself at first. The bonus tracks were on both the original LP pressing in 2011 and the 2015 repress. So nothing additional to that on this upcoming pressing it seems.
By NathanLurker
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:55 am WRWTFWW:
Troll
Ghoulies
TerrorVision

https://wereleasewhateverthefuckwewantr ... .com/merch
I'm not sure how different Terror Vision will be from the original pressing, it has all the Fibonaccis tracks, but the rest of the score have different track titles. This new pressing has similar track titles from the cd tracklist. It looks like an edited version of the material on the CD. I don't know if I need to double dip on that one, I have the original pressing (I don't have the CD) but if I'm to get Ghoulies and Troll, I suppose I should buy the 3 pack, regardless.

Ghoulies seems like the best of the batch to me.