Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
Somehow I missed my notifications on this thread, but did anyone else notice the news that all pressings of Garson’s Plantasia from here on out are now being made from a new master, made from the newly-discovered original master tapes?
I’m debating whether or not I should spring for this.
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 pm Somehow I missed my notifications on this thread, but did anyone else notice the news that all pressings of Garson’s Plantasia from here on out are now being made from a new master, made from the newly-discovered original master tapes?
I’m debating whether or not I should spring for this.
Yep. It's very... interesting, considering that Garson's estate told my label that all the masters were lost when we were lined up to release Didn't You Hear.

Iiiiiinterrrrestiiiing....
By texasvinyl
Bub wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:02 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:41 pm
Bub wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 pm Sacred Bones is reissuing a bunch of Mort Garson! Emails sent out also shows exclusive variants for End of an Ear, Bleep & HHV.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/coll ... ort-garson
@scojo hinted last year that this was coming. Very excited to be able to afford a copy of The Unexplained and Black Mass
Oh yeah you're right. I lose track of what's discussed in here sometimes haha. I already have an OG Black Mass but End of an Ear has a decent priced combo for all 4 so I may just go with that.

NathanLurker wrote:Will pick up the Settle Note in Nero, will pick up all the Mort Garsons.
This is turning out to be a pricey week.
oh fuck we've come full circle there seriously is an 8 track edition
By ChrisMcQueen007
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:12 am That‘s cool news @Bez! Both great with Stone Killer being fantastic (and the OG very hard to find/expensive). And I‘m pretty sure Marseille Contract never had a vinyl release before.
By texasvinyl
Interesting! I also noticed they're selling a pristine copy of the OG. Wonder where they sourced the reissue from. OG vinyl rip on disc 1, 1999 CD rip on disc 2? Beatball always does a great job.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:41 pm Very cool - any idea when and how these are going up for sale?
I believe Light in the Attic is a distributor in the US and I know HHV.de and Soundohm have sold previous beatball releases.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:45 pm
ScoJo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:41 pm Very cool - any idea when and how these are going up for sale?
I believe Light in the Attic is a distributor in the US and I know HHV.de and Soundohm have sold previous beatball releases.
No, YOU the man!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:58 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:45 pm
No, YOU the man!
Thank you for acknowledging my inner testosterone fueled beast.

And I don’t know when and how many nor how much. I do believe there never are enough.

-Edit-

I see Juno.co.uk also stock some beat ball

And on beatballs Instagram they teased the release of Stridulum/The Visitor
By Hatter313
Soundtrack and image albums for Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away at LITA et al.

Really wish these weren't so pricey but I also know I'm not saying no.

No word on if there will be symphonic versions yet. Part of me hopes not so i can be done with this haha.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:25 pm Soundtrack and image albums for Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away at LITA et al.

Really wish these weren't so pricey but I also know I'm not saying no.

No word on if there will be symphonic versions yet. Part of me hopes not so i can be done with this haha.
I saw that. I don't own any of these reissues due to their price. I was really close to pulling the trigger on Mononoke recently but bought three other records instead lol. Bullmoose also has them up for pre-order for $68 but it includes free shipping.
By 334578rpm
I think we all kind of expected this, but John Carpenter confirmed at Fantasia Film Festival, "Lost Themes III: Alive After Death" due February 2021.

Also, he's going to have an undetermined role in the upcoming The Thing reboot from Blumhouse. Hopefully scoring?

Lastly, he recorded a new track Buried, that will feature in a future horror film rather than a ‘Lost Themes’ record.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:12 pm https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/music- ... one-boxset

Mandalorian 8LP Set
Wednesday, $200

Good soundtrack, but for me, not 8LP/$200 good.
Yeah, it's a wonderful soundtrack. I'm in the same boat though, not dropping $200 on it, I've had it digitally since the show aired and haven't really returned to it much which means I don't need to spend that money on it. If they do single releases for $25 I may pick up my favorite episodes.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:42 pm Yeah, it's a wonderful soundtrack. I'm in the same boat though, not dropping $200 on it, I've had it digitally since the show aired and haven't really returned to it much which means I don't need to spend that money on it. If they do single releases for $25 I may pick up my favorite episodes.
I'd love a "Best of" 2LP
By zuko
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 pm I'd love a "Best of" 2LP
Seconded. The amount of times the word
‘premiere’ is thrown around in that press release strongly leads me to believe this won’t be the last time this is available on wax. Plus, Disney loves money.
By static14
zuko wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 pm I'd love a "Best of" 2LP
Seconded. The amount of times the word
‘premiere’ is thrown around in that press release strongly leads me to believe this won’t be the last time this is available on wax. Plus, Disney loves money.
Know who loves money even more than Disney? Mondo.