Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By 334578rpm
To make things even better, they spread it out over 2 LPs! So you get extra cardio getting up to flip/change the record twice as often!
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:08 pm Impressive. Mondo are reissuing the 2001 soundtrack, and have managed to make it look like an Osibisa/Santana lp from '76.

Eek.

IMG_0908.JPG
By Dollarhyde
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:37 am
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:08 pm Impressive. Mondo are reissuing the 2001 soundtrack, and have managed to make it look like an Osibisa/Santana lp from '76.

Eek.

IMG_0908.JPG
:D haha genius!

that artwork so doesn't represent the score/film. Looks like an 80's perfume or terry's chocolate ad ;)
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:47 pm Oof. What the hell were they thinking there. For all the art they put out it seems they have some of the worst taste in both album cover design and poster design. Their cover for Metal Gear Solid recently was horrendous.
I actually really liked the cover art for the MGS album, the inside art not so much. I've been seeing a lot of hate on it though.
By phantomnoir

Eek.

IMG_0908.JPG
I thought I was the only one to think the cover is ugly.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 am
inksb wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:47 pm Oof. What the hell were they thinking there. For all the art they put out it seems they have some of the worst taste in both album cover design and poster design. Their cover for Metal Gear Solid recently was horrendous.
I actually really liked the cover art for the MGS album, the inside art not so much. I've been seeing a lot of hate on it though.
I really liked the SDCC exclusive cover with Gray Fox but the standard edition bugs me. I really dislike the snakes around Snake's head, I'm not a fan of how Ortiz drew Snake (he looks mean and evil, especially the eyes). I don't mind the green and glitch effect as it's obviously a nod to the codec video but why did he put it on a white background? If you are doing the codec it should have been a black background as the bare minimum and been dressed up a little more to look like the codec screen. As it is, it's a weird glitched floating head with the most literal addition to the character head I've ever seen. That's just my take on it, I would have instantly bought it if it was a white cover with the red Metal Gear Solid logo on it.
By zuko

Eek.
Wow, assumed they must be re-pressing the Alex North score in new artwork, but no, it really is the original classical compilation you can find for a quid in any charity shop.
By ChrisMcQueen007
zuko wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Eek.
Wow, assumed they must be re-pressing the Alex North score in new artwork, but no, it really is the original classical compilation you can find for a quid in any charity shop.
Maybe it was originally intended for Cat People but that fell through...
By maxlevel
The only explanation is Mondo hates 2001 Space Oddessy. It’s like when bands sell their hits to adverts to be rewritten to fit a product. They hope that everyone gets so sick of it they won’t have to play it live, plus they still get royalties. It’s win win.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:21 pm Art is two years old according to this: https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-striking-n ... 1820025473
Nice detective work there @bez, I love that Mondo can't even bother commissioning new artwork for the release and they are just rehashing a poster they put out a few years ago.
Yeah, that was the big mondocon release at the last show. it's very nice, but doesn't really do it for me as either a poster or album art.

That being said, the movie actually isn't one of my favorite anyway, I like it a lot, but I don't LOVE it the way a lot of people do. (come at me). But I quite like the rejected Alex North score, and as already mentioned, both volumes of the original soundtrack are EASILY available in original pressings.
By reddye6
I'm hoping that this is all a mistake and that art is REALLY going to be for Mondo's variant of the expanded Halloween score.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:52 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:21 pm Art is two years old according to this: https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-striking-n ... 1820025473
Nice detective work there @bez, I love that Mondo can't even bother commissioning new artwork for the release and they are just rehashing a poster they put out a few years ago.
Yeah, that was the big mondocon release at the last show. it's very nice, but doesn't really do it for me as either a poster or album art.

That being said, the movie actually isn't one of my favorite anyway, I like it a lot, but I don't LOVE it the way a lot of people do. (come at me). But I quite like the rejected Alex North score, and as already mentioned, both volumes of the original soundtrack are EASILY available in original pressings.
Speaking of the Alex North score. Anyone else have an issue where their gatefold doesn't fit well into the plastic outer sleeve? I chipped some of the printing off trying to get it back into the clear sleeve thing.
By Hatter313
I’ve only listened to it a handful of times, but I’m always pretty ginger with it, That slip is very tight
By Hatter313
jgibbs4053 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm I think all subs get a copy of F13 for free since they have taken so long on everything
Yep, thats what they said in their newsletter.
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 am These Gundam are $60+ for single LP. Just stupid.
I was talking to @dollarhyde about this earlier, almost all of those can be bought from Japan for a few dollars each. You could buy a majority of them w/shipping and it would be less than one of the reissues. $60 is absurd.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:05 am
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 am These Gundam are $60+ for single LP. Just stupid.
I was talking to @dollarhyde about this earlier, almost all of those can be bought from Japan for a few dollars each. You could buy a majority of them w/shipping and it would be less than one of the reissues. $60 is absurd.
When I got the email from LITA I got really excited, figuring it'd probably be expensive, maybe 30 each for single LPs. Then I opened the link.... nope.