Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:31 pm I assume most of us are on the mailing list and already know but just in case some one missed it, Waxworks has finally released the Dawn of the Dead Library set. Pre-order w/ ship date of Dec 15

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/ ... f-the-dead

That‘s nice, I had almost forgot that they wanted to put it out. Will get it eventually, when available over here in good old Europe via retail.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:55 pm Fabio Frizzi's score to Lamberto Bava's Blastfighter is coming in January. Very excited about that.
D0C88F90-F3BA-4765-ADE8-FDC852669531.gif
D0C88F90-F3BA-4765-ADE8-FDC852669531.gif (1.1 MiB) Viewed 908 times

Edit- Preorder up at dusty groove!
By Bezulsqy
Le Chat Qui Fume is releasing The House with the Laughing Windows on BluRay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So not the score, but the movie. For the first time ever in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should be here around June 2024
By inksb
The text on the cover is poorly sized and placed. The B & D are too close to the edge and the O at the end of Donaggio is too close to the edge of the jacket.
By ScoJo
Nice that they’ve added Elias’s isolated trailer music as a bonus. Unless it’s just the trailer, haha.

As for the design - yeah front is clumsy and overall I think I count, like…. six or seven different font styles??!
By static14
My guess is that the original front cover art they submitted to the studio for approval got shot down and WW had to hastily put together a version that would get approved. The two different title fonts seem to point that way too.
By inksb
A few more that 2HD will be carrying from EU/UK RSD
Polish_20240215_185253608.jpg
Polish_20240215_185253608.jpg (2.9 MiB) Viewed 538 times
By inksb
Tiger Lab Vinyl has returned today with the release of Death Parade. It has a pretty cool score, I enjoyed the show when I watched it a few years ago and picked up a copy.

They also dropped 50 early copies of their Death Note boxset for an insane price of $250 for a 6lp set. I can't imagine that's going to sell very well at that price point. Even Aeon Flux which is $150 for a 6lp boxset has been sitting for almost a year and they did a 50% off to clear out copies.

This will be the first TLV release I miss out. Spending $250 on what would be 4lps since I have the first 2lps they released a few years ago is way too much.

Death Parade - https://tigerlabvinyl.com/products/deat ... edition-lp
Death Note Box - https://tigerlabvinyl.com/products/deat ... ple-boxset
By Revolver_OcelScott
Yeah, I was interested in the Death Note Box, but not for that price. Did it include something special (the link is now dead)?

I'm glad they're working on Initial D, but they've been teasing it for YEARS with no information on what it's going to entail.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:07 pm Yeah, I was interested in the Death Note Box, but not for that price. Did it include something special (the link is now dead)?

I'm glad they're working on Initial D, but they've been teasing it for YEARS with no information on what it's going to entail.
I saw some one ask about the price on the twitter, something along the lines of why is a 6lp boxset $250 and they said it comes in a fancy die cut box.

If I had to wager a guess there was an issue with the pressing when it was first done 2 years ago and they posted a photo of the pallet of the boxset. Had to completely repress it and the cost of the whole thing was super high so they are just trying to recoup costs. I have no idea, it's just a guess as to why this took so long to surface. I believe the official sale is coming next month for the boxset, this was just a special surprise

Based on their normal pricing which a 2LP costs $35-40, this box set has 3 2lp sets in it. That's $120, a custom die cut box doesn't cost an additional $130 per unit to manufacture. I don't even like the Death Note score enough to buy the 2 volumes I'm missing at $60 a pop which is what they cost from the other label that released them.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:42 pm Yeah, it's very odd.

Tiger Lab is kind of odd all around. Their releases are so far apart I forget they even exist.
Got my copy of Death Parade yesterday. They sent me the wrong variant, it's warped and has a shit load of surface noise on it. Good times.
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:42 pm Yeah, it's very odd.

Tiger Lab is kind of odd all around. Their releases are so far apart I forget they even exist.
Got my copy of Death Parade yesterday. They sent me the wrong variant, it's warped and has a shit load of surface noise on it. Good times.
Awesome -- looking more forward now to my shipped copy.