Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
12,000+ of the expanded one, the prior 1LP was a pretty wide release, the reznor Ross remix 12", plus Mondo campaign to re-reissue H1-5, they are going to keep whacking this horse until it has been dead for a decade.

All for essentially the same three note synth riff.

Maybe that's blasphemy but it would be like releasing a 16LP box set of the Jaws theme
By deafmetal
A bit harsh there, @Tex. Although the variant hype really puts me off, I was truly impressed with the new score. I really was not expecting much more than a rehash, but it felt fresh to me, and also suitably dark and thrilling. That could just be the raw power of those notes, which still make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, but the Jaws theme is capable of doing that to me as well. Maybe I'm not the right person to comment, haha. I would probably buy a 16LP Jaws box set.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:20 pm A bit harsh there, @Tex. Although the variant hype really puts me off, I was truly impressed with the new score. I really was not expecting much more than a rehash, but it felt fresh to me, and also suitably dark and thrilling. That could just be the raw power of those notes, which still make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, but the Jaws theme is capable of doing that to me as well. Maybe I'm not the right person to comment, haha. I would probably buy a 16LP Jaws box set.
I'm with you here @deaf but I completely understand where @tex is coming from too. I am genuinely interested in the additional cues, I thought the score was quite good and different than what I was expecting (all thanks to Cody & Daniel no doubt). I want to hear them, I just don't want to buy the first LP again. That simple melody is one of the most iconic in all of cinema, right up there with Jaws & Star Wars. But they do like to beat the variant thing dead with a stick.
By NathanLurker
Drive was like that too. lots and lots of different variants. I don't mind that at all. They can keep releasing 20 different colored pressings if they want. I'm not gonna collect them all. but I do want the most complete release. That's what bugs me : having the most complete release actually released a year after a trimmed version was. Its possible something prevented SB from releasing the expanded version in the beginning. Maybe they didn't know they were gonna be able to do tht expanded. So, I'm not mad at them. but I would find that weird if it happens again.
By texasvinyl
Yeah probably harsh, especially since the movie was awesome. I really enjoyed it. I can't blame sacred bones either get it while the getting is good!!!
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:03 pm £15 for a mug tho
I also found it a bit much, but is my act of supporting an artist. If Blow Out Records (or is it Recordings?) would issue a coffee mug I would buy pronto!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:14 pm I may be wrong @milly but I think they've already done a few Discogs exclusives.

But yeah... ffs.
They have. But this seems very exclusive. 1 of 13 (variants).
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 pm
ScoJo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:37 pmBOR Mug.jpg
Well...ask and thee shall receive. In both standard and 'tall' mug designs ;)

https://www.redbubble.com/people/blowo ... ords?p=mug

Screen shot 2019-09-09 at 17.05.13.png

Screen shot 2019-09-09 at 17.05.33.png
Well...done...
By maxlevel
I take it back about the £15 mugs, ours would be £15 if we wanted to make more than zero! Amazing really, the world of merch is fierce
By inksb
milliondollars wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:49 pm it's not a new score...only a new variant.
random find: it seems as discogs is entering the exclusive market madness to cause a even bigger mess for pressing plants and small labels.
this seems to be the first issue of the new discogs exclusives.

https://exclusives.discogs.com/
As Max said they put the John Carpenter cassette box set last year, they also did Mort Garson's Plantasia on cassette in the spring. And if I'm not mistaken they partnered with Third Man Records (Jack White's label) for some exclusive ridiculously over priced super limited releases.

@scojo you are hilarious, I love that you made a mug for us to throw money at. I will definitely pick that up after my wallet cools down a bit from the over spending the last few weeks. Nice work.
By ScoJo
Impressive. Mondo are reissuing the 2001 soundtrack, and have managed to make it look like an Osibisa/Santana lp from '71.

Eek.
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG (38.85 KiB) Viewed 3965 times
Last edited by ScoJo on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By reddye6
That should be on a black velvet poster in Spencer’s.
By inksb
Oof. What the hell were they thinking there. For all the art they put out it seems they have some of the worst taste in both album cover design and poster design. Their cover for Metal Gear Solid recently was horrendous.