Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:17 pm Whole load of Data Disc represses coming at you. Stay woke.
Is there a list of repress titles, James Michael?
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:17 pm Whole load of Data Disc represses coming at you. Stay woke.
And still no Out Run repress. I wonder when Radiant Silvergun is coming. They have only released two album's this year with one of them being part of the main line.

@mateo they are repressing Policenauts, Shenmue, SOR2 and Golden Axe
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:30 pm Still no Out Run? Still not interested.
I just don't get it, it's been well over a year of people making comments on every single post Data Discs put on social media. They keep repressing SOR2, which is great but why not add Out Run in there? Shenmue is up to three? maybe four represses now? Just repress it, do a small run of 500 if you are scared that it won't sell but it is the hole in 75% of their fan bases collection.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:30 pm Still no Out Run? Still not interested.
I just don't get it, it's been well over a year of people making comments on every single post Data Discs put on social media. They keep repressing SOR2, which is great but why not add Out Run in there? Shenmue is up to three? maybe four represses now? Just repress it, do a small run of 500 if you are scared that it won't sell but it is the hole in 75% of their fan bases collection.
I know exactly bupkis about VGM rights, but perhaps this one is too expensive to renew? Maybe no longer available?
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:58 am
inksb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:19 pm
I know exactly bupkis about VGM rights, but perhaps this one is too expensive to renew? Maybe no longer available?
Normally I would say this is the case but Out Run was part of their Sega deal, which is still their most prominent source for all of their releases. I highly doubt that it some how became unavailable to them, but you never know the way rights can go these days. If that was the case, they should just be honest and say hey, I know you guys really want a repress but we just don't have the ability to do so right now.

Not sure if any on saw BWR's announcement today but looks like we have a Repeated Viewing/Timothy Fife split coming our way in October and a Dallas Campbell release in November. Plus there is new Stefan Bachmier coming for Cassette Store Day (I have no idea how this works with Spun releases, hoping it's easily obtainable) and another Jan Borre release from them. Lots of great stuff on the horizon.
By Mateo Sanboval
FIFE DOG!! I did see those announcement's today, Inks, and they are indeed welcome. I like all of those musicians quite a bit.
By inksb
Tell me about it. I actually can't buy that Pumpkinhead release yet due to a certain hitchhiking related release. So hopefully the limited 300 sticks around for a few weeks and I can grab a copy after the next paycheck.
By havershaw
That gif applies to so many things in Sept and October. My local Alamo Drafthouse really rolls out some sweet screenings in sept and oct so I feel like I spend half the month at the movies.
By ScoJo
Pumpinkhead, like a bunch of other things, not released for over a month. 3000 copies? I don't plunk down for pre-orders on stuff like this anymore, when there's that big a pressing. Will def be able to pick this up after it's actually out in the world.
By reddye6
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:38 pm Pumpinkhead, like a bunch of other things, not released for over a month. 3000 copies? I don't plunk down for pre-orders on stuff like this anymore, when there's that big a pressing. Will def be able to pick this up after it's actually out in the world.
The pre-order page says 300, not 3000.
By tim28212
jgibbs4053 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:04 pm I know nothing of this movie or score, but will check it out later.. maybe it will interest some of you. The Great White
http://www.beatrecords.it/shop.asp?ling ... scita=prox
An early 80's Jaws ripoff that was only in theaters for about a month here in the US. Universal sued because it was too similar to Jaws. I might be mistaken but I think it also had quick cuts from both Jaws and Jaws 2 in it.
By ScoJo
reddye6 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:42 pm
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:38 pm Pumpinkhead, like a bunch of other things, not released for over a month. 3000 copies? I don't plunk down for pre-orders on stuff like this anymore, when there's that big a pressing. Will def be able to pick this up after it's actually out in the world.
The pre-order page says 300, not 3000.
Thanks for that- i must be overworked today, how'd I fuck that up??

Jumping in, STAT!
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:23 pm
jgibbs4053 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:04 pm I know nothing of this movie or score, but will check it out later.. maybe it will interest some of you. The Great White
http://www.beatrecords.it/shop.asp?ling ... scita=prox
An early 80's Jaws ripoff that was only in theaters for about a month here in the US. Universal sued because it was too similar to Jaws. I might be mistaken but I think it also had quick cuts from both Jaws and Jaws 2 in it.
There is definitely an Italian Jaws ripoff that has parts of a few Jaws movies cut into it.I think that's Cruel Jaws but some one more educated on the subject may be able to provide more info on this. I have also not seen The Great White so that may have parts of Jaws in it too.
By maxlevel
Hey all- re: outrun. Obvs, like totally obvs, you all want the DD Outrun. I have it on cassette, and happy to run a high res (obviously it’s 8 bit) rip if anyone would like? All my shit is in London and I ain’t in London for a bit but someone might like to hear it. If so, you know what to do
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:09 pm Hey all- re: outrun. Obvs, like totally obvs, you all want the DD Outrun. I have it on cassette, and happy to run a high res (obviously it’s 8 bit) rip if anyone would like? All my shit is in London and I ain’t in London for a bit but someone might like to hear it. If so, you know what to do
Max, as per, gets it. Count me in, with thanks.
By chiefbrody
Lord, give me the willpower of the man who doesn't want to spend £50 on that Vault of Horror set when he already has the DW versions.

Any UKers know if we'll be able to pick up Frizzi's Composer's Cut over here?
By Bezulsqy
chiefbrody wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:51 am Lord, give me the willpower of the man who doesn't want to spend £50 on that Vault of Horror set when he already has the DW versions.

Any UKers know if we'll be able to pick up Frizzi's Composer's Cut over here?
I am positive that at one point you will. Cadabra is stressing that this is a limited first run. That implies more will be pressed after this run. I am sure retailers everywhere will get some copies at one point. But maybe that can take a while.
And Transmission Records surely will get some copies.