Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
The expanded CD release of Polanski's THE TENANT runs to 46mins. I wonder how much of that we can expect to get on the wax release next month?

I'm beyond thrilled though - yes, the CD includes the killer lounge-jazz version of the theme that someone puts on the turntable during the party scene, when Polanski and Adjani dance. I've had to make do forever with my film-ripped (dialogue heavy) version of it, the full cue is fantastic. Here's a taste:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2wqo41S8k[/youtube]
By Bezulsqy
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm
maxlevel wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am Norman has listed all the gundam LPs for £65. So £70 with shipping.

Total shithouse
Not Norman's fault I presume this is crazy Japanese pricing. But still complete madness.

I know it's a faux pas to post live auctions here but just to illustrate a point.
From yahoo japan
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/sea ... 37&exflg=1
Why is it a faux pas?
And should I get some of those?

:-)
By inksb
Definitely Japanese pricing insanity. I've been struggling with Japanese reissues lately, they are averaging $40-$50 a piece. Those Hosono LP's I recently picked up retail for $46 & $45. I've been trying to find a cheaper copy of Taeko Ohnuki's Sunshower and that retails for $50. All of these are single LPs. Be thankful it's not the price of some of their current bluray reissues, Wicked City & Demon City Shinjuku retail for $125 a piece, for a bluray......
By Dollarhyde
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 pm
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm
maxlevel wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am Norman has listed all the gundam LPs for £65. So £70 with shipping.

Total shithouse
Not Norman's fault I presume this is crazy Japanese pricing. But still complete madness.

I know it's a faux pas to post live auctions here but just to illustrate a point.
From yahoo japan
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/sea ... 37&exflg=1
Why is it a faux pas?
And should I get some of those?

I guess what I was doing is not but its a bit poor to tell the whole world about an auction that could possibly be a good deal for someone e.g. If I spam a link to an auction of the japanese dawn of the dead lp and end up pricing hopeful snipers out.

If they are your own auctions that you are spamming then thats cool I guess. I'm not trying to make rules here :D
and of course letting folks know about cheap buy it now or bargain discogs sales is totally cool.
By Dollarhyde
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 pm And should I get some of those?

Yes, absolutely! :)

although Im not so clued on gundam, I have a few bits. there are some nice lots there however. There are quite a lot of clips on youtube of some of this stuff. stuff like lupin galaxy express 999 etc..

@nathan agreed, you mean the 7" box set.

They also released 9 ghibli lps last year, however they are for the most part not cheap in og form. I picked up a couple and I have to say they are astoundingly good reissues in terms of sound quality and packaging, I think they were £40 not £60 though.

I wish they would re issue more of the ghibli lp catalogue in a similar fashion, there's kiki, and grave of the fireflies plus stuff that never got an lp release in the first place.
By Hatter313
Saw a bunch of those ghibli releases at end of an ear today, I get muddled between image disc, symphonic version, soundtrack. They were definitely in the higher price end, but not terrible all things considered.
By Hatter313
Ok, some mondocon teases:

Wizard of Oz
Freaked
Ghostbusters

Interesting about ghostbusters, since we were all of a consensus that the tease on the mix was the game, but whether that’s a different release, our ears deceived us, or it’s just a different mix on the LP, only time will tell. Interesting that paramount did their own release and now this one coming, looks like we’ll have to do a comparison corner on that one when the time comes
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:04 pm Per Facebook, Spikerot is releasing Morricone's "I Cannibali." Preorder 10/16.
I just came here to post this info :)

Before we bid farewell to 2019 we have yet another revelation in store for the Soundtrack lovers.

December will see the release of Maestro Ennio Morricone's superb score to ‘I Cannibali’ (aka ‘The Cannibals’ / ‘The Year Of The Cannibals’), dystopic masterpiece by Liliana Cavani, presented at the 23rd Cannes Film Festival in 1970.

Another vinyl first-timer for Spikerot Records including alternate takes and previously unreleased tracks.

Details and pre-order on Oct 16, meanwhile enjoy the stunning cover artwork by Basthard Design.
By Spun out of control
inksb wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 pm Traversales just released Bruno Nicolai - Defense De Savoir
I hope this doesn't sell out fast as I want it but I'm currently priortizing some other stuff.

https://transversales.bandcamp.com/albu ... -de-savoir

Interesting that the re-issued Nicolai has the same amount of tracks as the original French vinyl pressing... but some tracks swapped out for alternate takes

Trying to work out if it's worth getting if you have an OG.
By NathanLurker
Regarding Defense de Savoir, I actually stumbled on an old pressing at a warehouse sale from a local store, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. they had everything at 1$. So. I found that Nicolai, nobody knew about Nicolai, everyone was looking for classic rock, jazz and stuff. I don't think there was any soundtrack collectors in there digging the hundreds of boxes of mostly crap and scratched records , so I felt like I knew a secret that others didn't when I picked that up, along with Padre Padrone from Egisto Macchi. for a 1$ each.
By Spun out of control
NathanLurker wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:37 pm Regarding Defense de Savoir, I actually stumbled on an old pressing at a warehouse sale from a local store, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. they had everything at 1$. So. I found that Nicolai, nobody knew about Nicolai, everyone was looking for classic rock, jazz and stuff. I don't think there was any soundtrack collectors in there digging the hundreds of boxes of mostly crap and scratched records , so I felt like I knew a secret that others didn't when I picked that up, along with Padre Padrone from Egisto Macchi. for a 1$ each.
@Nathan

Jammy!

I spent 40 Euros on an original a couple of years back... which at the time felt like a fair price for a vintage Nicolai pressing. :)

Apropos of nothing... I could pretty much live on a diet of what Transversales, Sonor Music Editions & Four Flies are putting out at the moment... great stuff.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:26 pm
334578rpm wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:04 pm Per Facebook, Spikerot is releasing Morricone's "I Cannibali." Preorder 10/16.
I just came here to post this info :)

Before we bid farewell to 2019 we have yet another revelation in store for the Soundtrack lovers.

December will see the release of Maestro Ennio Morricone's superb score to ‘I Cannibali’ (aka ‘The Cannibals’ / ‘The Year Of The Cannibals’), dystopic masterpiece by Liliana Cavani, presented at the 23rd Cannes Film Festival in 1970.

Another vinyl first-timer for Spikerot Records including alternate takes and previously unreleased tracks.

Details and pre-order on Oct 16, meanwhile enjoy the stunning cover artwork by Basthard Design.
I Cannibali was first released on vinyl on the compilation record Ennio Morricone ‎– Sonny & Jed / The Cannibals (Original Motion Picture Soundtracks):

https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morricone ... 3110?ev=rr

And on this 45:
https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morricone ... se/4589611