Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Jammin' Sam Miller - Super Metroid Recreated

https://wrwtfww.com/album/super-metroid-ost-recreated

I just grabbed this, love Sam's work on these recreations. I will point out that WRWTFWW released Donkey Kong Country 1-3 Recreated through their sub label Mental Groove and they kind of botched the pressings on parts 2 & 3, issued replacement disc that had different problems. I've had really no issues with WRWTFWW over the years but it's worth pointing out this issue.
*Double LP: this is a pre-order, shipping around December 16h 2023*

Jammin' Sam Miller
SUPER METROID (OST Recreated)
Limited Edition Double LP
Exclusive artwork by Pierre Thyss

Full HD re-creation/restoration of the legendary soundtrack for 1994 Exploration / Action-Adventure / Sci-Fi / Alien video game Super Metroid by Louisiana-based composer and producer Jammin' Sam Miller.

Jammin' Sam Miller explains: "Composed by Kenji Yamamoto. Recreated by me. This was made possible by locating the original instrument samples from workstation keyboards and drum machines before they were put into the game and rebuilding the soundtrack from the ground up, applying some modern mixing techniques along the way to lift the veil of 16bit compression and create an updated listening experience."

*For fans of Video Games, SNES, Samus Aran, Atmospheric Sounds, Zebes Music*

By inksb
Mondo is dropping 3 horror scores this week...

The Changeling - Ken Wannberg, Rick Wilkins and Howard Blake
2LP - $40

with spectacularly terrible artwork. Gary out here just swinging for mediocrity this year.

The Myst - Mark Isham
1LP - $30

I don't mind the art on this one, it at least fits the film and tone. Plus it never really had a good poster to begin with so nothing to compare it to.

Tumbbad - Jesper Kyd
2LP - $40

I don't remember the score to this at all. This one seems quite unexpected to me.

By Hatter313
Surprised The Changeling is being released as a DW release, like why maintain the imprint after cleaning house the way they did? Also guessing maybe it was locked in for a while given the artist on it, yeah not one of my favorites from him but usually such a fan
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:41 pm Surprised The Changeling is being released as a DW release, like why maintain the imprint after cleaning house the way they did? Also guessing maybe it was locked in for a while given the artist on it, yeah not one of my favorites from him but usually such a fan
Yeah I saw BWR mention on IG that they mastered that release for Spencer. I have a feeling there's probably 6-12 months of DW releases we'll see before they fizzle out.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:48 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:41 pm Surprised The Changeling is being released as a DW release, like why maintain the imprint after cleaning house the way they did? Also guessing maybe it was locked in for a while given the artist on it, yeah not one of my favorites from him but usually such a fan
Yeah I saw BWR mention on IG that they mastered that release for Spencer. I have a feeling there's probably 6-12 months of DW releases we'll see before they fizzle out.
Yeah I’ll seek my fortunes elsewhere I think, fortunately this is a release I don’t need. I can see myself picking up something in store if it really grabbed me but I have such a bad taste in my mouth for the whole thing
By inksb
Monster Squad 3LP is available for purchase from Terror Vision

https://www.terror-vision.com/store/the ... 7-ost-3xlp

THE MONSTER SQUAD (1987) OST 3XLP
$48.00
We are BEYOND excited to bring you the definitive LP pressing of THE MONSTER SQUAD! This is a triple LP and features all the cues (including the background stuff previously only released on CD). This contains liner notes by the composer and director as well as a few vinyl variants:

‘nards’ variant (terror-vision.com exclusive - moon phase)

‘scary german guy’ variant (TV record club variant- color in color with splatter…join the club now here to receive this)

These are in-hand and shipping now. TV club ships first, everyone else in 7 days.

By Bub
TOXIC AVENGER DOUBLE BILL (MUSIC FROM THE TOXIC AVENGER 2 & 3)

Contained within this slab of wax are tracks from parts II and III - infamously shot back-to-back - of The Toxic Avenger movie franchise created by Lloyd Kaufman and Troma Entertainment, featuring previously unreleased Chris DeMarco music cues as well as original songs recorded by Phoebe Legere (some of which were never used and haven’t seen the light of day — until now)!

Available on colored vinyl with liner notes from composer Chris DeMarco, and adorned with original artwork and photographic stills from the Troma vault along with a booklet accommodating an in-depth Q&A session with Claire actress and musical artist Phoebe Legere!

https://shiptoshoremedia.com/collection ... sountracks

https://www.terror-vision.com/store/toxic-avenger
20231020_161658.jpg
20231020_161658.jpg (465.79 KiB) Viewed 985 times
20231020_161636.jpg
20231020_161636.jpg (444.18 KiB) Viewed 985 times
By ScoJo
For any Radiophonic/Delia Derbyshire heads - news just in that Silva Screen is releasing LP box set of the complete ‘Inventions for Radio’. In the past there have been a few boots of ‘The Dreams’ epidode, presumably this will be higher quality source of the complete 6-part series 👌🏼
By inksb
April Fools Day has been delayed to February from it's November release date. Seems awfully sketchy to put up a pre-order for November then delay it 4 months a few weeks later. It's almost like they didn't even place the order until after they took everyone's money first.
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:09 pm April Fools Day has been delayed to February from it's November release date. Seems awfully sketchy to put up a pre-order for November then delay it 4 months a few weeks later. It's almost like they didn't even place the order until after they took everyone's money first.
I've gotten so tired of delays that I just wait till releases are available. I seldom pre-order anymore.

As for AFD I'll be getting the black and don't look for it to sell out. I don't even think it's limited.
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:43 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:09 pm April Fools Day has been delayed to February from it's November release date. Seems awfully sketchy to put up a pre-order for November then delay it 4 months a few weeks later. It's almost like they didn't even place the order until after they took everyone's money first.
I've gotten so tired of delays that I just wait till releases are available. I seldom pre-order anymore.

As for AFD I'll be getting the black and don't look for it to sell out. I don't even think it's limited.
I'm the same. I "pre-ordered" on amazon but you don't actually pay for anything until it ships.
By inksb
Just saw this announced too, very excited but a bit too pricey imo. I'll wait to see if I can find it elsewhere cheaper. I hope this means we'll get Cut & Run in the near future.

GUIDO & MAURIZIO DE ANGELIS: I PREDATORI DI ATLANTIDE (aka Raiders of Atlantis)
$38

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/guido-maur ... dtrack-lp/
I PREDATORI DI ATLANTIDE (AKA Atlantis Inferno) is a post-atomic movie directed by Ruggero Deodato in 1983.

It narrates the adventures of Mike Ross (Christopher Connelly), Washington (Malik Farrakhan) and of a group of characters bound to the events revolving around the sinking of a Soviet submarine, close to Florida shores.

A series of twists will bring the group on an island, just submerged from the abyss which is the mythical Atlantis.

The score, unreleased if we pay exception to a 7” vinyl of the 80s featuring the song BLACK INFERNO, is finally integrally available on LP, displaying a magnificent electronic style in the prevalent mood of many of the De Angelis’ bros scores of that decade such as Alien 2 sulla terra or 2019 dopo la caduta di New York.

A much requested title by fans of the composers, we put an end to the waiting thanks to this release on a heavyweight 180 grams colored LP (Blue marbled white), mastering by Enrico De Gemini, graphic layout by Daniele De Gemini displaying on the cover the beautiful painting of Renato Casaro.

Limited edition to 500 copies, don’t miss it!

Lato A
01. Black inferno 1:58
02. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 4 1:47
03. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 5 3:39
04. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 6 3:53
05. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 7 3:57
06. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 8 3:15

Lato B
01. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 11 2:20
02. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 12 2:22
03. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 14 4:10
04. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 18 2:51
05. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 22 1:43
06. I predatori di Atlantide - Seq. 24 1:58
07. Black inferno 4:27
By inksb
This is a bit much for a 6LP set but I'm sure it will sell

Inventions For Radio: Limited Edition 6 Vinyl Box Set - Delia Derbyshire & BBC Radiophonic Workshop
$227.99
[500 Worldwide Only]

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/collections ... lp-box-set

A long standing ‘Holy Grail’ release for fans of Delia Derbyshire & BBC Radiophonic Workshop. First Ever Official Release of Inventions For Radio!! Original Broadcasts by Barry Bermange, Delia Derbyshire, and the BBC Radiophonic Workshop

Full (lidded)Boxset containing 6 LPs & 20 Page Booklet

The BBC’s Third Programme aired four radio broadcasts between January 1964 and September 1965, collectively known as Inventions for Radio.

They were ground-breaking in both form and content, conceived by playwright Barry Bermange and consisting of the voices of the general public answering questions on four themes, one for each programme: dreams, the existence of God, life after death and ageing. At a time when it was unheard of to give a media platform to anyone perceived as being of low socio-economic status, the broadcasts generated many complaints for the “rough” voices of its participants.

Delia Derbyshire was assigned by the Radiophonic Workshop to edit and add electronic music/ effects.

The collaborative result is dreamlike and mesmerizing, an audial window to another era.

For many years Derbyshire was not credited for her contribution, nor were the broadcasts available commercially, although they still managed to acquire something of a cult following.

This boxset includes one LP for each broadcast and two further LPs of additional material.

There is a 20-page booklet with extensive notes by Mark Ayres (Producer) and David Butler, (one of the lead researchers and curators of the Delia Derbyshire Archive and co-founder of Delia Derbyshire Day).

The insight into Derbyshire’s archive, her music and its influences and her collaboration with Bermange is fascinating, providing context for these extraordinary pieces which have been the most elusive of Twentieth Century classics until now.
By inksb
SIMON BOSWELL: SANTA SANGRE (LIMITED EXTENDED DELUXE EDITION)
PRE-ORDER Expected release date is 12th Jan 2024
$66.00

Too rich for my blood but this seems like a really cool release.

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/simon-bosw ... ition-2lp/
The definitive soundtrack now includes much unreleased, exclusive material! Four sides, 78 minutes of music including all score, previously unreleased score, songs performed by cast. For the first time ever, this release also features all of the music recorded on the set of the film in Mexico City ( Circus band, Street music, Barrel organ) plus Simon Boswell/'the AND's live performance of Simon's song 'Close Your Eyes' featuring the succulent, manly voice of Mr. Jodorowsky himself. All of this plus new orchestral versions by Simon Boswell and the Gringo Orchestra!

By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:30 pm Two represses just announced

Morricone - Spasmo
https://www.twoheadeddog.com/ennio-morricone-spasmo-lp/

Gruppo d'Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza - Gli Occhi Freddi della Paura
https://www.twoheadeddog.com/gruppo-di- ... -paura-lp/
Wtf, Gli Occhi Freddi della Paura had a 2023 RSD pressing... crazy. Are they really selling through all these? If so, I'm impressed.