Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
I see the TMR version will only ship to the US. Shame, I like the artwork, and those soft feel covers are strange, but good.

They also mention in the 'News' section that TMR will be making a special limited edition version. I wonder if it will be a Vault package, or one of their extremely limited records. As long as it isn't another 'Ultra' LP, like Jack White's last record!
By texasvinyl
Interesting interview. So we get the unused orchestral from The Thing plus up to 25 minutes of new material depending on how much made the final cut. I also don't see western in my head when I hear the Thing but I'm sure they made it work.

I wonder if Morricone dislikes the disjointed track layout of the soundtrack

I am also curious what terrible thing TMR comes up with for a limited version. I.e. they sell one copy per city off of their truck to someone that camped out overnight.
By chiefbrody
Yes, @deaf, that is the one on Amazon UK (and Transmission). Same tracklisting, I think, but I do prefer that artwork on the TMR version.
By phantomnoir

- A surprising soundtrack of one the most popular Polish TV series of all times.
- The score includes, among others, the famous wordless vocal part by Grzegorz Markowski, main titles theme and... over thirty other compositions!
- All recordings freshly transferred from the original tapes with a new mastering.

LINK
By Bezulsqy
Nice one that Tetsuo! I know I have the DVD's somewhere in a box and probably the cd's as well...
I hope OWS will carry this as a distributed title!
By phantomnoir
@deafmetal, nice one, thanks!

Can't wait for this one too:

La-La Land Records, Paramount Pictures and The Carmen Dragon Music Library present La-La Land’s world premiere vinyl LP release -- composer Carmen Dragon’s (COVER GIRL, WHEN IN ROME, KISS TOMORROW GOODBYE) original motion picture score to the classic 1956 sci-fi chiller INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS.
By NathanLurker
!!!
Tetsuo ?? I don't remember if the music is great but man I love Shinya Tsukamoto's movies ! thanks for the head's up on this !
By chiefbrody
Recordstore.co.uk and Universal have a limited bundle of The Hateful Eight for £88.88 including the double LP, download, a litho and a single LP recording of the H8 score recorded live at Abbey Road.

I'd love to have the live recording but I'm afraid an extra £60 for the litho and live LP is a bit out of my price range.

Available from Verve in the US as well ($136).
By texasvinyl
Are you sure there's even a third LP with the "live score"? I didn't read it that way, and neither the photos nor the tracklist show a third LP. It really just looks like a numbered copy of the 2LP with a small litho and a CD, for more than 6x the price of the standard release which came in a six-panel soft touch tri-fold sleeve with UV spot varnish, a 12-page color book and two posters.

Tl;Dr WTF??

I'm guessing we still see a special version from TMR that isn't this
By chiefbrody
@texas, I re-read it a few times and thought it was ambiguous, but the information on the universal site seems clearer, so I think it is a third disc, which is appealing but costly.

http://store.universalmusic.com/thehate ... 13W0000000

Edit: Apologies @texas, that's the same text as Recordstore.co.uk...

I found this though, which means it would make sense...

http://www.thehatefuleightsoundtrack.co ... oundtrack/

I think when I looked a few days ago the bundle was LP/CD/Litho, but I'm convinced the CD has been replaced with the live LP
By Mateo Sanboval
Ridiculous amounts of money. Third Man has promised a special edition. I'd be surprised if this was it.
By texasvinyl
Thank goodness! Is slimmed a good or bad thing? I've had this on the want list for a long time but copies never turn up under $60, and I figured it would get reissued like all the other Tarantino OSTs.

Also you're right about Hateful Eight, does look like it has an LP of a live score. I probably have to put my fingers in my ears and pretend it doesn't exist, like that Cloud Atlas release (someone hurry up and license this already!!)
By deafmetal
I am curious if the "live score" bonus LP is only the new material Morricone composed? That is attractive, especially if there is no dialogue in between, but still difficult to justify the expense.
By Mateo Sanboval
@tex - I think "slimmed" could be fine depending on what they've removed. I haven't seen track list anywhere. Personally, I always thought there was a little chaff on that soundtrack, but that's never stopped me from spinning my CD with regularity.

@deaf - Way too pricey still. Love the idea, but the execution (ie: sticking it with some litho I don't care about and jacking the price up by more than $100) is seriously lacking.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Bone Tomahawk

http://www.invada.co.uk/blogs/news/1018 ... tter-vinyl

I didn't notice the score all that much during the movie. But that might be because of the cannibal action (I did notice that. And liked it!)
I quite enjoyed the score to this and sought it out on Spotify to listen to after the film. It is good stuff. Especially the end credits song. Very cool. Unfortunately, this is out of my budget at the moment, but Invada did say they would be releasing a larger, bronze vinyl edition in the near future and that those would show up in the USA at LITA. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that.
By zuko
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Unfortunately, this is out of my budget at the moment, but Invada did say they would be releasing a larger, bronze vinyl edition in the near future
Ah, that's good news, me too. Maybe there will be a slightly cheaper, less deluxe version, this seems to be more of an artifact for fans of the film. At less than 20 minutes running time I would have been happy with a nice solid 10" (although that's just me, obviously I think Invada can do whatever they like)