Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:17 am Released in February of this year but I only found out about it recently. No idea how it sounds but the description says enough for me to get a copy:

Poland, early 80's. Lieutenant Milosz Szwajcer is assigned to the young student's murder case. Struggling with his personal life and unclear releationship with recently murdered young woman, he tirelessly chases the psychopathic killer. Things are darker than they seem. Strange things soon begin to occur. He must decipher the reality from his delusions, phantoms and supernatural phenomenons. Pieces of the puzzle indicate that the new violent crime is being planned. The race against time is on. Original score from obscure Polish movie 'Kontury' (1984), directed by Lucjan Kut.

Equipment: Korg Sigma, Korg Lambda, Korg Preset 900PS, Korg KR55B, Roland Juno-60, Roland CR68, Solina String Ensemble, EMS Synthi AKS, Hohner Clavinet D6, Yamaha CS5, Farfisa Syntorchestra, Lira 61PRS.

Remastered from the original tapes by Marco Spaventi.
digital on bandcamp HERE

New Trunk release: POT-BOILERS (RON GEESIN SOUNDTRACKS TO STEPHEN DWOSKIN FILMS 1966-1970)

Guido And Maurizio De Angelis ‎– 2019 Dopo La Caduta Di New York

Hey Bez -

'Kontury', just so you know, is quite obviously yet another of those 'fake obscure movie' projects (which I'm personally completely tired of... but that's me!) I had a listen to the music - ridiculously contemporary sounding, nothing 1984 about it at all to my ears.

Anyway - thought I'd share my findings!
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 am
Hey Bez -

'Kontury', just so you know, is quite obviously yet another of those 'fake obscure movie' projects (which I'm personally completely tired of... but that's me!) I had a listen to the music - ridiculously contemporary sounding, nothing 1984 about it at all to my ears.

I had never heard of this either but intrigued I clicked on it to check it out. The first track felt so modern I was really confused. Makes more sense now.

@bez I'm pretty excited about After the Fall of New York, I'm waiting to see if anyone other than 2HD gets it over here before I place an order.
By ScoJo
Ps Pot Boilers is really good! I've always really liked Dwoskin's films (especially Moment) and the Geesin sounds are suitably avant garde and interesting and skronky :)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:17 am Released in February of this year but I only found out about it recently. No idea how it sounds but the description says enough for me to get a copy:

Poland, early 80's. Lieutenant Milosz Szwajcer is assigned to the young student's murder case. Struggling with his personal life and unclear releationship with recently murdered young woman, he tirelessly chases the psychopathic killer. Things are darker than they seem. Strange things soon begin to occur. He must decipher the reality from his delusions, phantoms and supernatural phenomenons. Pieces of the puzzle indicate that the new violent crime is being planned. The race against time is on. Original score from obscure Polish movie 'Kontury' (1984), directed by Lucjan Kut.

Equipment: Korg Sigma, Korg Lambda, Korg Preset 900PS, Korg KR55B, Roland Juno-60, Roland CR68, Solina String Ensemble, EMS Synthi AKS, Hohner Clavinet D6, Yamaha CS5, Farfisa Syntorchestra, Lira 61PRS.

Remastered from the original tapes by Marco Spaventi.
digital on bandcamp HERE

New Trunk release: POT-BOILERS (RON GEESIN SOUNDTRACKS TO STEPHEN DWOSKIN FILMS 1966-1970)

Guido And Maurizio De Angelis ‎– 2019 Dopo La Caduta Di New York

Hey Bez -

motherfuckers!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:17 pm @Bez - sorry brother, wish I could have given you the heads up sooner :/
Oh well... It was only little over €15. So not that bad. Maybe I end up liking it. Or someone is getting an extra record with their secret Santa package :-)
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:25 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:17 pm @Bez - sorry brother, wish I could have given you the heads up sooner :/
Oh well... It was only little over €15. So not that bad. Maybe I end up liking it. Or someone is getting an extra record with their secret Santa package :-)
Haha, both outcomes sound good :)
By BurningTapes
New horror from Deadly Avenger and Si Begg out this Friday. Yokai. Creepy folk horror at its best.

On Bandcamp burningwitchesrecords.bandcamp.com from 8am. 3 colour variants.

Mondo will have the green exclusively other than our subscribers.
Attachments
386C0F69-2EB5-4A4B-9916-C8C81C364AF7.jpeg
386C0F69-2EB5-4A4B-9916-C8C81C364AF7.jpeg (412.61 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
By Hatter313
DA has never disappointed, can't wait!
By Bub
New John Carpenter single from Sacred Bones "Skeleton b/w Unclean Spirit"

EDIT SOLD OUT ***Sacred Bones Mail-Order Exclusive Acetate Edition: Edition of 100 copies, hand-cut 10" acetate cut to translucent "X-Ray" flexi, in the style of Soviet "bone music" records.

Other variants

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/coll ... ean-spirit

https://johncarpentermusic.bandcamp.com ... ean-spirit

https://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/ ... -skeleton/
By inksb
Nothing like spending $50 on a two song flexi lol

I'm not one to buy 12" singles so I'll be waiting for Lost Themes III. I like the two songs.
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm Nothing like spending $50 on a two song flexi lol

I'm not one to buy 12" singles so I'll be waiting for Lost Themes III. I like the two songs.
Yeah, same.
By Bub
havershaw wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:38 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm Nothing like spending $50 on a two song flexi lol

Yeah, same.
Came out to $45 😉

So yeah I got one. Not crazy about the price but I've been wanting an x-ray record. It being a JC release & not some random group or artist I don't care for helped my decision to pull the trigger. I don't think there will be many instances where those factors will align. Also, the title "Skeleton" matches the format being used so I thought that was kinda cool too.

I'll get the standard 12" down the line. There seems to be plenty pressed.
By Bezulsqy
Bub wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Yeah, same.
Came out to $45 😉

So yeah I got one. Not crazy about the price but I've been wanting an x-ray record. It being a JC release & not some random group or artist I don't care for helped my decision to pull the trigger. I don't think there will be many instances where those factors will align. Also, the title "Skeleton" matches the format being used so I thought that was kinda cool too.

You are not alone :-)
By Bub
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 pm
Bub wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Yeah, same.
Came out to $45 😉

You are not alone :-)
Nice, Bez!
giphy (1).gif
giphy (1).gif (1.97 MiB) Viewed 4148 times
By Bezulsqy
Not new but old
**Very rare original 1980 LP, numbered edition of 500 copies few copies available.** We managed to obtain very few copies of this original soundtrack album, issued by Cometa exactly 40 years ago in their "Serie speciale numerata per collezionisti", a numbered series aimed at collectors. The 14 tracks on Africa Nera Africa Rossa served as soundtrack to the 1978 Italian RAI TV movie in three episodes of the same name directed by Carlo Lizzani.

https://www.soundohm.com/genre/library-soundtracks
By skeletonbutt
of interest to other canadians, as of july 1st, in regards to buying records from the us and shipping them to CA:

Under the old NAFTA, the previous threshold was:
No Duty on imports below $20 CAD regardless of country of origin
No Duty on imports made in North America, however, GST/HST was applicable
GST/HST applied on imports* above $20 CAD

Thresholds under the new USMCA:
No Duty on imports below $150 CAD regardless of country of origin
No Duty on imports made in North America
No Tax on imports below $40 CAD regardless of country of origin
GST/HST applies on imports above $40 CAD
By NathanLurker
skeletonbutt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:49 pm of interest to other canadians, as of july 1st, in regards to buying records from the us and shipping them to CA:

Under the old NAFTA, the previous threshold was:
No Duty on imports below $20 CAD regardless of country of origin
No Duty on imports made in North America, however, GST/HST was applicable
GST/HST applied on imports* above $20 CAD

Thresholds under the new USMCA:
No Duty on imports below $150 CAD regardless of country of origin
No Duty on imports made in North America
No Tax on imports below $40 CAD regardless of country of origin
GST/HST applies on imports above $40 CAD
Holy shit. I got charges for duties on 4 different amazon uk orders in the past few months which made me stop buying from there. But now I might be able to pick up again a few Region B movies :o
By skeletonbutt
NathanLurker wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:34 pm Holy shit. I got charges for duties on 4 different amazon uk orders in the past few months which made me stop buying from there. But now I might be able to pick up again a few Region B movies :o
this is only for US > CA since it is replacing NAFTA (north america); you will still get dinged on R2 BR if i'm understanding things correctly. probably safe to use UPS or DHL for sub-$40 purchases instead of USPS but it wouldn't surprise me if they still find a way to add on a service charge and would certainly do so if over $40.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Mondo is advertising "Stanley Kubrick Collection"
Involving music, posters, shirts.

I'd love to get some pristine copies of the OSTs. My Clockwork Orange I bought "Near Mint" is beat to crap.
By 334578rpm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:06 pm Mondo is advertising "Stanley Kubrick Collection"
Involving music, posters, shirts.

I'd love to get some pristine copies of the OSTs. My Clockwork Orange I bought "Near Mint" is beat to crap.
They recently teased Eyes Wide Shut recently IIRC.