Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
jgibbs4053 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:19 pm DA8DDC5B-4364-44E1-BB86-CBDDDF27678D.jpeg
Funny -- I just commented on a Facebook post about this release: "This seems like an odd selection. I wonder what their licensing deal was. You have a song or two from 28 Days, a few songs from 28 Weeks, and what looks like a track ("Bullet From a Gun") from John Murphy's score to "City by the Sea" -- not from either 28 film."
By ScoJo
Rerecordings.... single sided 12".... wacky colours....

My pass couldnt be harder.

Now I'm really looking forward to the straight repress of 28 Days :)
By reddye6
static14 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:44 pm Bullet from a gun is in 28 days. Just uncredited. :)
(insert thumb's up graphic here!)
By ScoJo
I heard about this - hoping the pre-order rolls out across other stores after the weekend, RT's international shipping options are an actual honest-to-fuck-joke.
By Bub
Not sure if you guys were aware or not, but Varèse Sarabande is reissuing The Running Man in a Deluxe Edition 2xLP & you can preorder it direct for $34.98. I found it on Amazon the other day for the same price & added to cart hoping for a price drop. And luckily that's happened. Lock it in for $26.99 shipped before tax.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088VCBJ2D/
By inksb
Bub wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 pm Not sure if you guys were aware or not, but Varèse Sarabande is reissuing The Running Man in a Deluxe Edition 2xLP & you can preorder it direct for $34.98. I found it on Amazon the other day for the same price & added to cart hoping for a price drop. And luckily that's happened. Lock it in for $26.99 shipped before tax.

Thanks for the heads up! I just pre-ordered.

I'm hoping to snag a copy of The Social Network as well.
By Bub
inksb wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:49 pm
Bub wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 pm Not sure if you guys were aware or not, but Varèse Sarabande is reissuing The Running Man in a Deluxe Edition 2xLP & you can preorder it direct for $34.98. I found it on Amazon the other day for the same price & added to cart hoping for a price drop. And luckily that's happened. Lock it in for $26.99 shipped before tax.

Thanks for the heads up! I just pre-ordered.

I'm hoping to snag a copy of The Social Network as well.
No prob Inks! I couldn't believe how much it dropped.

Looks like TSN isn't on there yet but I'm gonna keep an eye out for that too. Rough Trade has it up for $36.99
By Bub
static14 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:24 pm Thanks for the heads up on the amazon discount @Bub!
You're welcome Static! Gotta spread the good deal love for my dudes here
XroXlHe.gif
XroXlHe.gif (2.86 MiB) Viewed 4056 times
By zuko
Hell yes to that expanded Running Man, one of my favourites.
Legendary movie theme composer, Harold Faltermeyer, (Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Fletch), was the mastermind behind the entire score for this Arnold Schwarzenegger blockbuster. Originally clocking in at 17 tracks and just over 40 minutes, the soundtrack has been significantly expanded to 35 tracks over two LP's. The entire outer package features new artwork design while the printed inner sleeves include new notes and classic film stills.
By static14
Yeah i did. Got the receipt and all. RT doesn’t charge you until the package ships though. So fingers firmly crossed on my end.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:28 pm Unbreakable, Split, Glass box set coming from Waxwork
I assume that was the boxset they teased recently? I have no interest in that but I can't wait to see what they come up with for packaging.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:28 pm Unbreakable, Split, Glass box set coming from Waxwork
I assume that was the boxset they teased recently? I have no interest in that but I can't wait to see what they come up with for packaging.
I'm assuming so. I remember liking the Unbreakable Soundtrack. Didn't really notice it much in the other 2
By static14
Just got this email from Rough Trade.

Hi Chris
Sorry, we've had to cancel your order

Hi there, We're very sorry to say that the order you placed recently for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's The Social Network OST has been canceled. This version of the release was posted in error late last week, and we have just learned that unfortunately it will not be available to retailers. Rough Trade will be carrying another version of the same album due for release this coming September, and this will be available for preorder on our website as soon as the release details are finalized. In the meantime, rest assured that you have not been charged for the order you placed recently, and we cannot apologize enough for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding. All the best, Rough Trade NYC.
By tim28212
static14 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:04 am Just got this email from Rough Trade.

Hi Chris
Sorry, we've had to cancel your order

Hi there, We're very sorry to say that the order you placed recently for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's The Social Network OST has been canceled. This version of the release was posted in error late last week, and we have just learned that unfortunately it will not be available to retailers. Rough Trade will be carrying another version of the same album due for release this coming September, and this will be available for preorder on our website as soon as the release details are finalized. In the meantime, rest assured that you have not been charged for the order you placed recently, and we cannot apologize enough for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding. All the best, Rough Trade NYC.
:(
By ScoJo
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:29 am Bummer, guys. I remember loving the music in this film.

@scojo - is this on the radar? https://lightintheattic.net/releases/6912-jack-nitzsche

It is SO on the radar amigo, thanks! I have a bud who is tight with the LITA guys and he kailed me about this with great swiftness, knowing how much I love this unreleased LP. I defy any grown man to listen to Marie and not claim it's getting dusty up in here.
By Bezulsqy
Released in February of this year but I only found out about it recently. No idea how it sounds but the description says enough for me to get a copy:

Poland, early 80's. Lieutenant Milosz Szwajcer is assigned to the young student's murder case. Struggling with his personal life and unclear releationship with recently murdered young woman, he tirelessly chases the psychopathic killer. Things are darker than they seem. Strange things soon begin to occur. He must decipher the reality from his delusions, phantoms and supernatural phenomenons. Pieces of the puzzle indicate that the new violent crime is being planned. The race against time is on. Original score from obscure Polish movie 'Kontury' (1984), directed by Lucjan Kut.

Equipment: Korg Sigma, Korg Lambda, Korg Preset 900PS, Korg KR55B, Roland Juno-60, Roland CR68, Solina String Ensemble, EMS Synthi AKS, Hohner Clavinet D6, Yamaha CS5, Farfisa Syntorchestra, Lira 61PRS.

Remastered from the original tapes by Marco Spaventi.
digital on bandcamp HERE

New Trunk release: POT-BOILERS (RON GEESIN SOUNDTRACKS TO STEPHEN DWOSKIN FILMS 1966-1970)

Guido And Maurizio De Angelis ‎– 2019 Dopo La Caduta Di New York