Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
monsterworship wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:31 pm So my friend Max in italy said that this is fake news. Only that in an interview Dario said he would love to have DP do the score, and that a news paper just ran with the story as if they were doing it.. So its just wishful thinking, and kind of obvious since DP hasn't done any additional music or score for years and why would come back and score a 2020 argento film.
Damn. I saw it posted in multiple outlets, so I really hoped it was true.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:11 pm
monsterworship wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:31 pm So my friend Max in italy said that this is fake news. Only that in an interview Dario said he would love to have DP do the score, and that a news paper just ran with the story as if they were doing it.. So its just wishful thinking, and kind of obvious since DP hasn't done any additional music or score for years and why would come back and score a 2020 argento film.
Damn. I saw it posted in multiple outlets, so I really hoped it was true.
I saw lots of sites post about it yesterday as well.
By inksb
Ben Salisbury / Geoff Barrow/ The Insects score to the excellent show DEVS (created by Alex Garland) was released digitally today by Invada Records & Lakeshore Records. Invada announced that a 3LP set will be coming later in the year, I assume it was probably delayed due to the virus shit. The score was excellent in the context of the show and I'm listening to the album right now, it will be an instant purchase for me.
By danwh1tepony
I'm almost scared to listen the score for DEVS, soundtracked so many crazy emotional moments in that show and was pretty intense by itself!
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:28 pm I have so much catching up to do. The show is on my list of "to watch" and I usually don't like to listen to a score before seeing the source material.
Definitely watch it. It's only 8 episodes at around 50 minutes per episode. You'll blow right through it. And I'm the same I tend to like to watch the film/tv show before diving into the score. Sometimes I'm not always able to though.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Terror-Vision is releasing a limited amount of C.H.U.D. II: Bud the CHUD today at 3pm EST according to Facebook. I know it was gonna be a RSD release, so I'm not sure if this is a different variant or what.

Live now. $27, bundle available with t-shirt and pin.
By Bezulsqy
Synth wizard Ryuichi Sakamoto was a composer and arranger since the mid-70s and burst into the world’s greater consciousness in Yellow Magic Orchestra. After working on the Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence soundtrack (and shortly before scoring The Last Emperor), Sakamoto became musical director on the 1987 anime project Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise, a sci-fi drama set in an alternative world. The film was seen as ground-breaking for its portrayal of human alienation and social conformity, and Sakamoto’s funky spacy synth soundtrack feels ground-breaking too. This deluxe edition includes four bonus tracks and an exclusive full color 60x60cm (24x24 inches) poster!
By Dollarhyde
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:25 am Image
Synth wizard Ryuichi Sakamoto was a composer and arranger since the mid-70s and burst into the world’s greater consciousness in Yellow Magic Orchestra. After working on the Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence soundtrack (and shortly before scoring The Last Emperor), Sakamoto became musical director on the 1987 anime project Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise, a sci-fi drama set in an alternative world. The film was seen as ground-breaking for its portrayal of human alienation and social conformity, and Sakamoto’s funky spacy synth soundtrack feels ground-breaking too. This deluxe edition includes four bonus tracks and an exclusive full color 60x60cm (24x24 inches) poster!
Sweet! Curious to know more about the bonus tracks, the og LP also came with a poster.
Anyone know who's putting this out? Of course quality control is key! Really great score.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 am
Sweet! Curious to know more about the bonus tracks, the og LP also came with a poster.
Anyone know who's putting this out? Of course quality control is key! Really great score.
I found this pre-order on Amazon last week, ordered it immediately due to the price. The company reissuing it is called Alternative Fox. According to Discogs they are a bootleg label with over 40 reissues over the last year. Even though it's a boot I'll keep the pre-order due to it being under $20. I haven't checked Yahoo Auctions but I know on discogs this one sits around $40 for an OG plus shipping which is usually from Japan so another $15-$20.
By Dollarhyde
@inks thanks, so I'm guessing the bonus tracks are probably from a CD release... Or, after a bit of research, these are probably the 4 tracks from the og image EP.

Will probably pass as I have the og, but don't let that put you off @inks it's a great ost, I don't know the image tracks.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:03 pm @inks thanks, so I'm guessing the bonus tracks are probably from a CD release... Or, after a bit of research, these are probably the 4 tracks from the og image EP.

Will probably pass as I have the og, but don't let that put you off @inks it's a great ost, I don't know the image tracks.
I actually downloaded the image tracks last week, haven't listened to them yet. I'll let you know what I think.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I pre-ordered to lock in the price, but definitely gonna give it a listen on YouTube before it releases. I gotta curb my buying a little bit because I've exceeded my 9 cube storage haha.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 am I pre-ordered to lock in the price, but definitely gonna give it a listen on YouTube before it releases. I gotta curb my buying a little bit because I've exceeded my 9 cube storage haha.
I'm pretty sure that just means you need another cube :P
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 am I pre-ordered to lock in the price, but definitely gonna give it a listen on YouTube before it releases. I gotta curb my buying a little bit because I've exceeded my 9 cube storage haha.
I'm pretty sure that just means you need another cube :P
Sadly with my setup, that's an impossibility. I gotta maybe keep a cube elsewhere haha
By ScoJo
Spun out of control wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:19 pm Been waiting on this one for a while... one for all those OST/ Peter Strickland/Stereolab fans... up for order at Norman Records, Bleep, Piccadilly Records etc...

Cavern Of Anti-Matter - In Fabric OST
Out of interest, what's the Stereolab connection @spun?
By Spun out of control
@ScoJo: The link is Tim Gane - long term guy out of Stereolab and also in Cavern of Anti Matter. ;)

From Discogs:
Berlin-based trio Cavern of Anti-Matter use treated instruments and experimental electronics as the foundations of their Krautrock-indebted sound. Before forming the group with synth player/general electronic manipulator Holger Zapf in the winter of 2012, multi-instrumentalist Tim Gane and drummer Joe Dilworth spent years together recording and performing in the critically lauded kosmische pop group Stereolab.
By ScoJo
Spun out of control wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:31 pm @ScoJo: The link is Tim Gane - long term guy out of Stereolab and also in Cavern of Anti Matter. ;)

From Discogs:
Berlin-based trio Cavern of Anti-Matter use treated instruments and experimental electronics as the foundations of their Krautrock-indebted sound. Before forming the group with synth player/general electronic manipulator Holger Zapf in the winter of 2012, multi-instrumentalist Tim Gane and drummer Joe Dilworth spent years together recording and performing in the critically lauded kosmische pop group Stereolab.
Nice one, thanks! I have no interest in Strickland's films (I've been burned before haha) but quite fancy a listen to this. Saw The Lab last year (or was it the year before, or 500 years ago? Tbh I barely know the difference anymore...) and they were still pretty mighty.
By deafmetal
Interesting, AMS is reissuing the legendary Bixio/Frizzi/Tempera Magnetic System 45 this year (AMS4507). Finders Keepers stole their thunder though with that excellent compilation album a few years back that included both of these tracks on the 12" LP. Anyway, still cool to see as copies of the original 45 will set you back a few hundred euro. Release date is listed as June 5th.

By zuko
Spun out of control wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:19 pm Been waiting on this one for a while... one for all those OST/ Peter Strickland/Stereolab fans... up for order at Norman Records, Bleep, Piccadilly Records etc...

Cavern Of Anti-Matter - In Fabric OST
Yikes, instantly sold out everywhere. Listening on Spotify now, it's quite nice, but oh well…
By Bezulsqy
most of you will already have seen this (I bought all new releases yesterday from Soundohm)

A Quiet Place to Kill - Paranoia (10")
By inksb
I saw Four Flies post about this the other and thought to myself, well that looks fantastic too bad it will cost me way too much to import. Maybe 2HD will have a good price on it, I saw that they at least plan to carry Morte Sospetta di una Minorenne