Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:30 pm
havershaw wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:32 pm Looks like Dusty Groove will have the Cinevox and Four Flies releases here in the States.
Up on THD now too.
Unfortunately for me I'm on hold buying stuff from him. I ordered 3 records in July, he marked them as shipped then a month later I contacted him as they were never picked up by USPS, he claimed they were damaged and returned to him (which I don't believe since USPS never scanned the package into the system), of course he doesn't have any more stock and they are sold out records, so he's reached out to the label to get replacements, who of course are in Europe. It's now been 5 weeks since I last heard from him and I have no idea if the label even had records to send him as replacements. For every 2-3 good orders I have with him I get shafted with some bullshit on the 4th order.

Meanwhile you order something from Dusty Groove, they ship it to you with in 2-3 days of ordering and I've never had a single issue with them.
By deafmetal
tim28212 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:55 pm The new think I like about Dusty Groove is they do pre-orders now and don't charge your credit card till the item ships.
When did this feature show up? It also looks like only certain titles are available to preorder. For example, I could preorder the Sorgini 45 but not Ortolani's Zeder LP. Any idea why?
By tim28212
deafmetal wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 pm
tim28212 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:55 pm The new think I like about Dusty Groove is they do pre-orders now and don't charge your credit card till the item ships.
When did this feature show up? It also looks like only certain titles are available to preorder. For example, I could preorder the Sorgini 45 but not Ortolani's Zeder LP. Any idea why?
My guess would be they only have a certain number available and once they're taken no more preorders are allowed. That's just a guess. You could probably email they to find out for sure. I also have used the Send On Arrival email notice before. It worked well and I was able to grab ones that sold out quickly. The Preorder feature started a few months ago. I think I got an email about it.
By havershaw
Dusty Groove’s “arrival notice” works great.

I’ve had similar experiences with 2HD - Dusty Groove is my go-to now. They are the best online record store experience I’ve had.
By deafmetal
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 pm The Henryk Debich comp. Zblizenie is now available for order, around 100 copies on black left.

The whole album is available to listen now on their band camp too. Also they have a few copies of the henryk debich 45, precurser to the lp available.

70's Jazz funk library type grooves.

https://henrykdebich.bandcamp.com/album/zbli-enie
@Dollar - This is some killer stuff from Debich. This has been an excellent discovery this year. Thank you.
By Dollarhyde
Don't mention it @deaf, there seems to be a bit of a treasure trove of polish unreleased material being unearthed. I have to thank @scojo for highlighting the GAD label out of Poland too. They have some amazing records of prev. Unreleased material out, one being another Debich LP "city"
By deafmetal
I don't think I saw this mentioned yet. Reissue of Hozan Yamamoto & Yū Imai - 悪魔が来りて笛を吹く (The Devil Comes and Blows a Flute) on Mr. Bongo Records. Also available at Dusty Groove.

Stream here:
By reddye6
tim28212 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:36 pm
deafmetal wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 pm
My guess would be they only have a certain number available and once they're taken no more preorders are allowed. That's just a guess. You could probably email they to find out for sure. I also have used the Send On Arrival email notice before. It worked well and I was able to grab ones that sold out quickly. The Preorder feature started a few months ago. I think I got an email about it.
Zeder is now available for pre-order at Dusty Groove.
By CrossedPete
Damn @dollar and @deaf I checked out both of those releases and I’m finding it hard to come up with reasons not to just buy buy buy. Seriously though one of my local record stores sells a ton of Mr. Bongo releases so I’m totally going to see if they can order this in.

Speaking of Mr. Bongo, I have the Labi Siffre Remember my song reissue and I think it sounds great.

Also @Dollar do you have String Beat? That one seems interesting to me as well.
By Dollarhyde
@pete, no, but that record has been comped a few times over the years, and reissued. One of the more well known funky polish records, and a bit of a grail many years ago. Would love to own an og some day.

My better half is from Poland and over the years I've built up a nice little collection of Polish wax. I hate to generalise or pidgeon hole but I like to think it's a very musical country (but aren't all countries I guess). Lots of great jazz, prog, rock, classical. As Poland was under USSR occupation for many years nearly all music was published through one or two labels, and in relatively large quantities, I think. I think this is also the reason huge amounts of unreleased material is being unearthed.
By inksb
Ship To Shore Investment Co has put a pre-order for Mega Man Legends 2 - $40 - est ship Q1 2022

https://shiptoshoremedia.com/collection ... 4206432410

I'm done loaning companies money, I know it means I will be missing out on a lot of releases but if you have a pre-order for something more than a month or two then I probably won't order it. There obviously will be exceptions to this if it's a "must own" record but for stuff like this that I would probably order if it was in hand, I don't care that much. I'll take my money here and spend it on something like an OG VS.

By inksb
Honestly never expected this

Enjoy the Ride Records is releasing Psychos in Love by Carmine Capobianco
October 1 at 12pm EST

There will be a liquid filled variant for the crazy collectors
Screenshot 2021-09-29 132717.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-29 132717.jpg (119.68 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
By Bub
inksb wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:29 pm Honestly never expected this

Enjoy the Ride Records is releasing Psychos in Love by Carmine Capobianco
October 1 at 12pm EST

There will be a liquid filled variant for the crazy collectors
Screenshot 2021-09-29 132717.jpg
Here's the link to the Vinegar Syndrome variant. They appear to have 10 left as of this post if anyone is interested.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections ... ndtrack-lp
By Revolver_OcelScott
"Check out these two unspeakably rare soundtracks from legendary B-movie producer Sam Sherman, each a classic of the grindhouse/horror/drive-in genre! Both Dracula Vs. Frankenstein (in pumpkin orange vinyl) and Mad Doctor of Blood Island (in "Chlorophyll Blood" green vinyl) are vinyl debuts limited to 1000 copies...and we got Sam to autograph 200 Mad Doctor LP-sized posters and Zandor "Dracula" Vorkov to autograph 200 Drac vs Frank LP-sized posters, exclusively for our customers! Links below"

Dracula Vs. Frankenstein
https://bit.ly/3ybXv1B

Mad Doctor of Blood Island
https://bit.ly/3sEI3dp