Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy

https://wrwtfww.com/album/golden-dog-or ... soundtrack
Pre-order, ships April 17th

From Mitsuko & Svetlana Records.
WRWTFWW.COM EXCLUSIVE
Limited Vinyl LP (500 copies)

Presented by Mitsuko & Svetlana Records, distributed by WRWTFWW Records.

Artist: Yuji Ohno
Title: Golden Dog (Original Soundtrack)
Originally released: 1979
Label logo by Shintaro Kago

Genre: funk, soul, jazz, fusion, disco, boogie, , space jazz, rare canine groove

Big grooves, irresistible basslines, horns for days, funk forever. This a MUST HAVE. Superb soundtrack from maestro Yuji Ohno, just as amazing as his Lupin III (ルパン三世) and Capitaine Flam (キャプテン・フューチャー) work!

It's the original soundtrack of Shigeyuki Amane’s excellent TV movie Golden Dog (Ôgon No Inu). With a secret agent dog carrying secret documents. Last appearance by Goddess... more
credits
releases April 17, 2020
By Dollarhyde
Would also.love to see the movie

Great release, also WRWTFWW have an amazing and sought after reissue of Masahiko Sato's score to Kayobi no onna. Masahiko Sato scored the grail OST Belladonna of sadness, the two preview tracks are rather tastey ;)
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 am Would also.love to see the movie

Great release, also WRWTFWW have an amazing and sought after reissue of Masahiko Sato's score to Kayobi no onna. Masahiko Sato scored the grail OST Belladonna of sadness, the two preview tracks are rather tastey ;)
They are just killing it this year. Inoyamaland and these two releases. I'll be buying a lot from them for sure.
By deafmetal
^Some of you might have seen myself and Dollar talking up Ohno-san's insanely rare Golden Dog OST on this fine forum. It's cool to see WRWTFWW select yet another STBC deep cut for a reissue. I love the cover art painting so much I even had to grab a t-shirt! ;)

edit - the Bandcamp is too much of a tease though, if anybody wants a full album rip just send me a PM. It's also on YT.
By Bub
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:08 pm Rare canine groove haha
About time. I've been getting tired of that common canine groove.

Thanks for the heads up about YT, Deaf. Gonna check it out.
By Dollarhyde
deafmetal wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:00 pm ^Some of you might have seen myself and Dollar talking up Ohno-san's insanely rare Golden Dog OST on this fine forum. It's cool to see WRWTFWW select yet another STBC deep cut for a reissue. I love the cover art painting so much I even had to grab a t-shirt! ;)

edit - the Bandcamp is too much of a tease though, if anybody wants a full album rip just send me a PM. It's also on YT.
Yup, and thanks for the og copy deaf! ;)

If you dig this record I would also recommend checking out his early lupin III OSTs, which can be got cheap in og form unlike golden dog.

@monsterworship thanks, good to know
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:27 pm nice. I only have the Golden Dog 45, the tracks are duds compared to the other LP tracks.
This is true. I spent way too much on that 45 for a couple of all-vocal numbers. Here is the YT rip (from the CD, I think):

By texasvinyl
"we’re doing a US issue of Doğu Çiçekleri, copies will be up for pre-orders via Light In The Attic early next week."

Just a friendly heads-up. I haven't heard this record myself, but @million spoke favorably of it.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:52 pm "we’re doing a US issue of Doğu Çiçekleri, copies will be up for pre-orders via Light In The Attic early next week."

Just a friendly heads-up. I haven't heard this record myself, but @million spoke favorably of it.
I listened to this yesterday and I really enjoyed this record. LITA has a listing for the record on their site but it says sold out. I hope there really is a new pressing coming as I would definitely grab a copy
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 pm I think that was the new pressing! Maybe they'll do a third run as preorders on the second seem to have gone quickly.
Well damn. Guess I was too slow on that. I assumed that it was just a lingering sales page from the release in August.
By Revolver_OcelScott

If anyone has a lead on where to get this as it approaches, please let me know. I have no record stores anywhere close to me and I definitely want this. Funny story, I JUST bought the damn abridged one on eBay not even 2 weeks ago, damnit!
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm Broken Lamps - Metropolis up at Two Headed Dog.
And directly from Broken Lamps bandcamp if you want you bypass dealing with potentially delayed shipping. I ordered the "deluxe" edition with the booklet. I've only sampled one song but I'm pretty excited to finally hear the whole album.
By inksb
I ordered from his bandcamp this morning when it went up for sale and I just received a shipping notification.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:34 pm I ordered from his bandcamp this morning when it went up for sale and I just received a shipping notification.
Damn, wish I had thought of that. As much as I like the selection at THD, I've has some pretty mediocre experiences with them
By havershaw
I’ve only ordered one thing from them, and it was a bit of a trial.

I already got a shipping notification on my Broken Lamps, too.
By reddye6
"Girl on the Third Floor," which came out last year. Score was composed by Steve Albini, Tim Midyett, and Alison Chesley. Two LPs in a limited splatter and standard black version.

HERE