Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
inksb wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:41 pm
Bub wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 pm Sacred Bones is reissuing a bunch of Mort Garson! Emails sent out also shows exclusive variants for End of an Ear, Bleep & HHV.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/coll ... ort-garson
@scojo hinted last year that this was coming. Very excited to be able to afford a copy of The Unexplained and Black Mass
Oh yeah you're right. I lose track of what's discussed in here sometimes haha. I already have an OG Black Mass but End of an Ear has a decent priced combo for all 4 so I may just go with that.

NathanLurker wrote:Will pick up the Settle Note in Nero, will pick up all the Mort Garsons.
This is turning out to be a pricey week.
By inksb
I'll probably hold out on ordering Garson as they are not coming until November and this week is already expensive with Sette Note in Nero and two hip hop records landing on Friday that are going to cost me a small fortune.
By ScoJo
I'm not likely to forget, @MW - your post introduced me to this beast, and somehow later on I managed to spend over two years dealing with Garson's lawyers/grand daughter who effectively promised us the reissue rights before SB suddenly swooped in and bought the entire catalogue rights! (to this day, best not to mention SB in the company of my partner in crime, heh heh...)

Love this LP though, and very happy to see a reissue coming from master tapes - which is also kinda interesting though, since we were informed that none existed for any of MGs work... !
By reddye6
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:31 pm Cowboy Bebop 2LP from Milan.
Details:
https://hypebeast.com/2020/7/cowboy-beb ... ssion=true

Pre-order Starts: August 6th via Milan. Light in the attic, Mondo and others will have variants.

Crossposting to the Anime Topic.
The article says that this is the first vinyl release outside of Japan since the show's premiere, but there is this release in 2018: https://www.discogs.com/Seatbelts-Cowbo ... e/12784488. The new one does have a few more tracks than the 2018 one, but I'd still think the new one doesn't count as the first vinyl release outside of Japan. And I missing something?
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 pm Don't buy that. And don't buy from him. He's a god damn mess. His lathes sound like shit. FYI
Yeah, nice warning Inks. This looks like total jank.
By static14
Bub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:10 pm I didn't know he started doing film OSTs. What were HAUSE-0001 & 2?
I just checked his bigcartel page and none of the pictures will load. I’m curious what 0001 and 0002 were as well.
By Bezulsqy
334578rpm wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 pm It looks like Spikerot is starting preorders for the Blood and Black Lace soundtrack today. 6PM CEST.
Very nice! I still haven't seen the film. But was planning to see it next weekend.
By inksb
Bub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:10 pm I didn't know he started doing film OSTs. What were HAUSE-0001 & 2?
I don't believe he's announced 2 yet but 1 was Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which I would have scooped up if I hadn't bought stuff from him before. He's an unstable guy, I was told he's bipolar, he freaks out randomly on people. Get's overwhelmed really easy. Takes 3-6 months to ship anything and get's pissed when you ask about it. He still owes me two cassettes I paid for and never got ($40 pissed to the wind). I gave up with that guy. He doesn't know a thing about mastering so I have no idea if he's doing it or "hiring" some one else but the best his stuff sounds is "cd quality" but they just sound like CD rips and if it's not sourced from a CD you better watch out, they are bad. His first 4 cassettes are terrible sounding.
By Bub
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:17 pm
I don't believe he's announced 2 yet but 1 was Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which I would have scooped up if I hadn't bought stuff from him before. He's an unstable guy, I was told he's bipolar, he freaks out randomly on people. Get's overwhelmed really easy. Takes 3-6 months to ship anything and get's pissed when you ask about it. He still owes me two cassettes I paid for and never got ($40 pissed to the wind). I gave up with that guy. He doesn't know a thing about mastering so I have no idea if he's doing it or "hiring" some one else but the best his stuff sounds is "cd quality" but they just sound like CD rips and if it's not sourced from a CD you better watch out, they are bad. His first 4 cassettes are terrible sounding.
Thanks Inks. Yeah I think I dealt with him a couple of times but that may have been before he started losing grip on his release schedule. TBH I thought he called it quits for good not long ago but I guess not.
By inksb
Bub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:10 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:17 pm
Thanks Inks. Yeah I think I dealt with him a couple of times but that may have been before he started losing grip on his release schedule. TBH I thought he called it quits for good not long ago but I guess not.
He's called it quits about 6 times over the last year. And a few times before that. I get his frustration, people constantly ask him where their records are but the problem is that if you pass 6 months with paypal purchases you can't get your money back. He's taken over 9 months to deliver some of his stuff. It's shitty. I don't blame him for getting upset, he just handles everything so poorly. He also needs to label his stuff pre-order, the problem is paypal doesn't allow pre-orders (at least that's what I've been told). He also needs to be more up front about timelines and if there is a delay.