Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
I can't remember if it was posted here, but Scare Flair Records (Never heard of them) will be releasing a 2LP of George A. Romero's Knight riders.

https://scareflair.com/

"Just in case you forgot… we’re releasing George A. Romero’s Knightriders on a 2XLP for the first time ever! With that iconic Boris Vallejo art and a whole bunch of brand new art by @ghoulishgary. And yes, the records will include I’d Rather Be a Wanderer by Donald Rubinstein. This one is going to be killer. Coming Sooner or later!"
By inksb
They are the one's who recently put out the 2LP Lady In White with new suites from the multiple versions of the film.
By ScoJo
In case it’s of interest, €125 from Quartet (Spain).

50D7DEF4-E4CC-4922-BCED-556F7AD96B93.jpeg
50D7DEF4-E4CC-4922-BCED-556F7AD96B93.jpeg (125.18 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
BFD77AEB-4421-4F52-A5D1-51B82D4D37EF.jpeg
BFD77AEB-4421-4F52-A5D1-51B82D4D37EF.jpeg (109.95 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
838564A5-38EA-4578-9BFB-83315AE06DC3.jpeg
838564A5-38EA-4578-9BFB-83315AE06DC3.jpeg (82.53 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
FA0786BE-B736-4D60-9E8E-12579B3485AE.jpeg
FA0786BE-B736-4D60-9E8E-12579B3485AE.jpeg (73.73 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Attachments
888B0684-F950-4597-8C0C-454B4F54C5EF.jpeg
888B0684-F950-4597-8C0C-454B4F54C5EF.jpeg (24.93 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
By Bezulsqy
I didn't know anything about this, but the movie sounds very interesting

Le Hasard et la Violence is a strange French-Italian movie which came out in 1974 and was directed by Philippe Labro and written by Jacques Lanzmann. It was a time of thesis films on ultra- violence such as Stanley Kubrick"s A Clockwork Orange (1971) and John Boorman"s Deliverance (1972). Labro"s feature film differs from those of his American counterparts by an almost dreamlike approach and a soft psychedelia. A sort of lysergic atmosphere that has more to do with the idea of an LSD trip at Castel"s than with Californian counterculture. Mid-life crisis is embedded in this story of criminologist Laurent Berman (Yves Montand), vacationing on the French Riviera to write an essay on violence. He is both the victim of an assault and of his love for Constance Weber (Katherine Ross), a young doctor who pushes him over the edge. Within this cinematic paradigm, it was a stroke of genius to ask Michel Colombier to compose the music for his film. Michel Colombier, let us recall, is a musician of classical formation, who went to the Conservatoire Supérieur de Musique in Paris. His music for Le Hasard et la Violence reflects his career: from Gainsbourg to the Beach Boys, via Paul Williams. A soundtrack that goes from neoclassical to contemporary, via groovy pop and slow music. Not to mention the main theme, a killer ballad with timeless lyrics. There is in the song performed by Drupi (known in France for "Vado Via"), a kind of romanticism specific to Colombier. Let"s forget our post-post modern irony that is no substitute for intelligence and let us be caught by the emotional power of this soundtrack.
https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/michel- ... nce-958409
By Hatter313
Oh Bez….oh are you in for a treat. It’s about a renaissance faire (not sure if these exist outside of the US actually, basically a festival with a dubious medieval setting, costumed performers, and fair food) and it follows a group of jousting performers who use motorcycles instead of horses and it’s this weirdly spot on adaptation of Arthurian myth, a personal drama about friendships gone wrong, an over the top motorcycle movie, and astoundingly long for its subject matter.

It also contains an absolutely perfect Stephen king cameo. It’s one of romeros few forays outside of horror and I personally love it, but it’s certainly not everyone. I think you’d dig though.

Fun story about this flick. There were only two blu ray copies for sale of this at the slime what legendary Mondo Kim’s video in NYC. They were both purchased on the same day within hours of each other. The first was purchased by Luis CK, the second by me later that afternoon. The clerk had NO idea what it was and was trying to figure out why it sat in the shelf for as long as it did and then went out of stock on the same day.
By Bezulsqy
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:38 pm Oh Bez….oh are you in for a treat. It’s about a renaissance faire (not sure if these exist outside of the US actually, basically a festival with a dubious medieval setting, costumed performers, and fair food) and it follows a group of jousting performers who use motorcycles instead of horses and it’s this weirdly spot on adaptation of Arthurian myth, a personal drama about friendships gone wrong, an over the top motorcycle movie, and astoundingly long for its subject matter.

It also contains an absolutely perfect Stephen king cameo. It’s one of romeros few forays outside of horror and I personally love it, but it’s certainly not everyone. I think you’d dig though.

Fun story about this flick. There were only two blu ray copies for sale of this at the slime what legendary Mondo Kim’s video in NYC. They were both purchased on the same day within hours of each other. The first was purchased by Luis CK, the second by me later that afternoon. The clerk had NO idea what it was and was trying to figure out why it sat in the shelf for as long as it did and then went out of stock on the same day.
I really need to see this! That sounds incredible!
By ScoJo
It’s so much fun, and still a wild and surprising swerve from Romero and Co after DotD. I’d love to see the insanely long version of course ;)
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:45 am It’s so much fun, and still a wild and surprising swerve from Romero and Co after DotD. I’d love to see the insanely long version of course ;)
Yeah I want to spend close to a full day at a ren fair with that crowd.
By inksb
Can some one take away Quartet's access to licenses? I want to be able to afford some of these things lol.

I want to grab their release of Morricone's Arabian Nights but that's $40 plus shipping
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:03 pm Can some one take away Quartet's access to licenses? I want to be able to afford some of these things lol.

I want to grab their release of Morricone's Arabian Nights but that's $40 plus shipping
I don't know how much they charge for shipping but direct from Quartet Records it costs €25 (that is about $25 I believe)
https://quartetrecords.com/product/arabian-nights-lp/

But when you add up everything records/shipping have become pretty expensive...