Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Dean Hurley & DJ Muggs - Divinity OST

https://deanhurley.bandcamp.com/album/d ... soundtrack

Legendary hip hop pioneer DJ Muggs and frequent David Lynch collaborator Dean Hurley join forces for the original score to the 2023 Sundance premiering feature film Divinity. Equal parts sonically punishing and ethereal, the soundtrack delivers a unique punch that further intensifies the mind-bending, acid-trip experience of the film.

Divinity Is a sci-fi dystopian odyssey produced by Steven Soderbergh and helmed by visionary director Eddie Alcazar. Set in the distant future, scientist Sterling Pierce dedicated his life to the quest for immortality, slowly making progress developing a serum named Divinity. Jaxxon Pierce, his son, now controls and profits from his father’s once benevolent dream. Society on their barren planet has been entirely perverted by the supremacy and pervasiveness of the drug. Two mysterious brothers arrive with a plan to abduct the mogul, and with the help of a woman named Nikita, they set on a trajectory hurtling toward true immortality.
By ScoJo
Not a record sorry, but boy this is fun!

EA769A93-8130-4A0B-8472-6537D3389763.png
EA769A93-8130-4A0B-8472-6537D3389763.png (594.13 KiB) Viewed 952 times
By ScoJo
Hard funkin Dutch fire alert!!

Almost missed this one, released back in Feb! Very exciting, I am a big fan of both Verlinden’s scores and this Harry Kumel TV movie, I have some of the music ripped from dvd. This Dutch label is releasing two other volumes of his 70s music too! Check out those samples.

https://678records.com/shop/

DC8B4096-9972-404E-8CE3-13ABC6278BAC.jpeg
DC8B4096-9972-404E-8CE3-13ABC6278BAC.jpeg (194.36 KiB) Viewed 927 times
By inksb
An interesting and surprising announcement...

Matt Berry - Simplicity

https://www.acidjazz.co.uk/product/matt ... implicity/

Following the recent release of the outstanding ‘Top Brass’ single, Matt Berry will release a further unique collaboration with esteemed Library Music label KPM: the full-length album ’Simplicity’, out 17 November 2023.

KPM is renowned for providing the musical bedrock for so many classics of British TV and international cinema, using the best British composers – such as Keith Mansfield, Alan Hawkshaw, John Cameron and Alan Moorhouse – to do so. ’Simplicity’ follows in the footsteps of these giants and is a worthy successor to them.

Embodying the form of KPM’s original LPs geared towards film and television pitching, the album consists of 11 sharp and vibrant instrumentals, which will no doubt be heard in productions for many years to come.

Released in special collaboration with Acid Jazz, the album is presented in a beautiful graphic sleeve, with notes that allude to the original KPM releases, for something that is instantly hip and familiar, yet unmistakably new.

A 500-only limited-edition, individually-numbered green vinyl version is available exclusively from Acid Jazz, alongside classic black vinyl and a gatefold CD. We are also offering a special bundle that included all formats.

By ScoJo
The original orchestral score, praise be!

I will always be really fond of the original synth'd up version of April Fools Day but must admit I've been hankering for this ever since the day I finally twigged that the Varese version wasn't the score as featured in the film.
By zuko
The Cult Leader wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:02 pm FB_IMG_1695825904767.jpg
Had there been any prior announcement for this? Couldn’t believe it when this just causally plopped into my inbox yesterday – another all-time want ticked off!
By texasvinyl
If you buy it you'd be missing about $92?

I dunno, I wanted that Cyberpunk soundtrack but they want $120 for a 3LP. Things are getting wild out there.
By inksb
Varese just announced Blood Simple and Death Becomes Her for RSD. I wonder if they will even be able to deliver on this announcement, feels like the last few RSD's they have missed with their intended releases.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 140935.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-02 140935.jpg (147.33 KiB) Viewed 614 times
By ScoJo
Excited about this rerelease of Blood Simple - it's expanded from the very short original split-release LP (20mins), with Burwell going back to the multi track tapes and putting 13 tracks/35 minutes of score together. I'm optimistic that he hasn't tinkered too much with this all-time favourite score of mine, as I sampled the available pieces and only one sounded maybe significantly different from the original version, though I need to directly compare to be sure. I like the sleeve, though it's based on the later Criterion sleeve art - a slight shame as there's so much great original US/international key art for this film!

Now please please do expanded Psycho III! 🙏🏼

Track List:
(* newly added cues)

Crash and Burn
Blood Simple
Chain Gang
Looking at Pictures*
The March
Monkey Chant
Noise Burn*
Blood Simpler
The Shooting
Abby Scampers*
Empty Bar*
If I See Him*
Chariots*
By deafmetal
Blood Simple expanded looks great. I agree with @ScoJo about the cover art though. Either way, it will be a mandatory pick up for me.
By inksb
Murderock reissue coming RSD. 4 extra tracks simply titled Murderrock Part 1-4. Artwork by Eric Adrian Lee

1000013626.png
1000013626.png (447.06 KiB) Viewed 555 times