Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Bub wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:58 pm Enjoy the Ride is dropping 2 new variants for Beverly Hills Cop on Friday. But if you still need one, this Ebay seller lists sealed copies of the Edsawesomesounds variant regularly for $16

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385292512001
Thanks @bub, I'll grab this version. RIP EAS, bought so many records from him.
By inksb
Fiend is being released by a new label, Mystic Vault that seems to specialize in SOV films, they have done a handful of OST's on tape over the last year that I've been curious about but haven't pulled the trigger on any.
By ScoJo
That theme has really popped off again with this new season, seems to have really struck a popular chord. I enjoyed this season, though only really cared about one of the character’s storyline - very watchable though, the ending was wild!
By inksb
More Godzilla incoming this week

Mondo Records has announced it’s bringing the soundtracks for three Toho films to vinyl for the first time: Godzilla vs. Mothra, Rodan, and Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.

Each soundtrack is limited to 2,000 numbered copies. Akira Ifukube composed both the Godzilla vs. Mothra and Rodan soundtracks. The Godzilla vs. Mothra pressing comes on 2xLP Battra Beam vs Mothra silk vinyl housed inside a reverse board sleeve with artwork by Greg Ruth, while the Rodan soundtrack was pressed on striped vinyl housed inside a spot varnish gatefold sleeve featuring artwork by Henry Abrams.

Rounding out the first-ever pressings, Kow Otani composed the Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack soundtrack. It was pressed on 2xLP Barragon vinyl and comes in a gatefold sleeve featuring artwork by Wes Benscoter.

Pre-orders for all three vinyl begin on Wednesday, January 11th. Godzilla vs. Mothra and Rodan will ship out in February, with Giant Monsters All-Out Attack shipping in April.

By deafmetal
Fucking hell. Not sure what is going on with these triple blast Toho releases, but I haven't even been able to pick up the last three Toho releases... they are trying to kill me.

inksb wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm More Godzilla incoming this week

Mondo Records has announced it’s bringing the soundtracks for three Toho films to vinyl for the first time: Godzilla vs. Mothra, Rodan, and Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.

Each soundtrack is limited to 2,000 numbered copies. Akira Ifukube composed both the Godzilla vs. Mothra and Rodan soundtracks. The Godzilla vs. Mothra pressing comes on 2xLP Battra Beam vs Mothra silk vinyl housed inside a reverse board sleeve with artwork by Greg Ruth, while the Rodan soundtrack was pressed on striped vinyl housed inside a spot varnish gatefold sleeve featuring artwork by Henry Abrams.

Rounding out the first-ever pressings, Kow Otani composed the Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack soundtrack. It was pressed on 2xLP Barragon vinyl and comes in a gatefold sleeve featuring artwork by Wes Benscoter.

Pre-orders for all three vinyl begin on Wednesday, January 11th. Godzilla vs. Mothra and Rodan will ship out in February, with Giant Monsters All-Out Attack shipping in April.
By NathanLurker
I would pick them all up but the prices.... 35 to LP 45 for DLP .. plus shipping en exchange rate.... The previous batch of Matango and Rebirth of Mothra 2 and 3 haven't even shipped. I have a lot of collector fatigue to be honest.
By ScoJo
For CD bitchez…. you lucky lot. Quartet Records. Hope they also plan to put this to wax at some point.

D8A92AA4-891C-4FC2-8732-2E94B4E7BEE9.jpeg
D8A92AA4-891C-4FC2-8732-2E94B4E7BEE9.jpeg (252.5 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:49 pm I would pick them all up but the prices.... 35 to LP 45 for DLP .. plus shipping en exchange rate.... The previous batch of Matango and Rebirth of Mothra 2 and 3 haven't even shipped. I have a lot of collector fatigue to be honest.
Yeah the prices and pre-order period is a huge deterrent for me, I imagine it's much worse for Canadian collectors. I'll be passing on all 3 unless I can get them cheaper down the road.
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:28 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:49 pm I would pick them all up but the prices.... 35 to LP 45 for DLP .. plus shipping en exchange rate.... The previous batch of Matango and Rebirth of Mothra 2 and 3 haven't even shipped. I have a lot of collector fatigue to be honest.
Yeah the prices and pre-order period is a huge deterrent for me, I imagine it's much worse for Canadian collectors. I'll be passing on all 3 unless I can get them cheaper down the road.
I maybe will wait too, for potential discounts or sale. Haven't decided yet. Maybe the fomo will kick in hard. Maybe I'll bite the bullet but compensate with the sale of a few things I don't need anymore from my collection.
By ChrisMcQueen007
ScoJo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:52 pm For CD bitchez…. you lucky lot. Quartet Records. Hope they also plan to put this to wax at some point.

D8A92AA4-891C-4FC2-8732-2E94B4E7BEE9.jpeg
Yes, need that on wax! The few score titles that were on the original MCA album are pure Harold gold. The songs on the MCA soundtrack aren‘t too bad either, on the Quartet double CD they will include those as well. So I‘m keeping my fingers crossed for a LP release.
By deafmetal
@inks @nathan - Thinking about it more, I wonder if Toho placed an expiration on Mondo's license for these albums and they are approaching the deadline to release them. Either way, it's quite the stack, I agree.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:11 pm @inks @nathan - Thinking about it more, I wonder if Toho placed an expiration on Mondo's license for these albums and they are approaching the deadline to release them. Either way, it's quite the stack, I agree.
Could be. Mothra was supposed to be onsale a month or two ago and it got pulled due to some error. Rodan seems to be the next actual release, shipping pretty soon and All Out Attack is 4 month pre-order. I assume with pressing plant delays there's a lot of moving these releases around
By inksb
Moggi - Tra Scienza E Fantascienza

I believe the WRWTFWW pressing had issues and didn't sound great. Hoping this one is better, either way I'm buying it bc I don't own a copy and I enjoy it quite a bit.

Timeless atmospheres, hypnotic sonorities, minimal arrangements. And a composer gifted with a never ending passion for music, experimenter in his genetic code, innovator by vocation, at ease with various instruments in order to forge avant-garde themes. Piero Umiliani was already forward in building completely new sounds in the late Seventies. “Tra Scienza E Fantascienza” finds his alter ego Moggi experimenting with alternative grooves, electronic music, jazz tunes and soundtrack motifs. One of the most interesting music libraries in the Italian composer's discography, reissued with a new remastering by Musica Per Immagini, is in full harmony with its title.

Science fiction has opened up our eyes to a variety of scenarios, possible or impossible, sometimes with a happy ending, sometimes apocalyptic, at times familiarly near, more often disarmingly far away, and always capable of inspiring our imagination. For the histrionic artist it took, perhaps, less of a cosmic leap to create this masterpiece. Centred on the cover, a strange creature with only one eye, its hands on a beaker containing a mysterious red liquid. To its right, a symbolic circle is imprinted on a sandy surface, and three bizarre constructions, similar to the volumetric flasks found in a laboratory, of differing heights and shapes. There is a strange blue planet in the distance.

(Notes and images of a dystopian future according to Piero Umiliani)
credits
releases January 31, 2023

Music by MOGGI (Piero Umiliani)
Giovanni Tommaso (double bass), Enzo Restuccia (drums)
Recorded at Sound Work Shop, Roma
Licensed by Liuto Edizioni Musicali di Stefania Baffa
Tape transfer and remastering by Giuliano Radiciotti,

US:
https://www.dustygroove.com/item/135975 ... der=artist

EU:
https://musicaperimmagini.bandcamp.com/ ... ntascienza

Screenshot 2023-01-12 125822.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-12 125822.jpg (100.57 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Screenshot 2023-01-12 125835.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-12 125835.jpg (98.34 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
By inksb
Mongo has a bunch of stuff up today

If you want to spend $40 on a single LP that's glow in the dark they are here for you.

It Follows - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP Mondo Exclusive - $40
Music by Disasterpeace

After Yang - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack -$30
Music by Aska Matsumiya

Lamb - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 1xLP - $30
Music by Toti Gunason

The Witch – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP Mondo Exclusive - $30
Music by Mark Korven
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:28 pm Mongo has a bunch of stuff up today

If you want to spend $40 on a single LP that's glow in the dark they are here for you.

It Follows - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP Mondo Exclusive - $40
Music by Disasterpeace

After Yang - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack -$30
Music by Aska Matsumiya

Lamb - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 1xLP - $30
Music by Toti Gunason

The Witch – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP Mondo Exclusive - $30
Music by Mark Korven
I ordered After Yang and Lamb and was quite surprised at checkout that domestic shipping was nearly $16.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:55 pm
I ordered After Yang and Lamb and was quite surprised at checkout that domestic shipping was nearly $16.
Did you not hear that USPS is raising prices again? Media Mail got a 4% price increase so $4.50 x 0.04 = $0.18 which if you add that $0.18 to $10 that Mondo was already charging you get $16. It's basic math :P