Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Heads up for any friends in the USA who have held off picking this one up 'cos of shipping costs... Out of this world sci-fi grooves now available at Mondo

As soon as we heard Neil 'Correlations' Hale's new Proto Droids album 'Cybernetic World' we knew we had to press this straight to vinyl... could imagine old skool DJs spinning this one on their Technics 1210s... and we wanted to do the same!

Make sure your joints are properly oiled as this one will have you body popping, windmilling and throwing some serious shapes...

The Robot Sweat variant has been sold out at label for a few months now, but we kept some back to supply to Mondo at their request. They also have stock of the popular multi coloured Short Circuit splatter variant. Download code included. Cover art by the warlock Eric Adrian Lee

GO HERE TO BUY:

https://mondoshop.com/collections/music ... oto-droids
Attachments
Proto Droids Cybernetic World Mondo.jpg
Proto Droids Cybernetic World Mondo.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2275 times
By deafmetal
@Spun - ^That looks great, Gavin, I really like Eric's cover art for that album.

Fair warning, I would only recommend the below set for Godzilla nerds (like me -_-). I just think it's fantastic that Toho is creating new 7" singles for both the '92 Godzilla vs. Mothra and Shin Godzilla to go along with reissues of the old vintage singles. It also looks like first single will be a new recording. I still wonder if we will see a Heisei era soundtrack box released as well here soon. Anway, this singles box is up for preorder at Amazon Japan and at Transmission Records right now. This is only a partial artwork teaser:

V/A - Godzilla 7" Single Collection

Google translation from the Universal Japan site:

From the first ever Godzilla record "Godzilla-san / Our Anguirus" to the big hit "Shin Godzilla" in 2016, it is a permanent preservation board that traces Godzilla's music history in the form of a single record.

In addition to "All Monsters Attack", the theme song that colored Godzilla's hero era at the Toho Champion Festival is recorded in the form of a reproduction of the original version of Crown Toho Records. For the theme song "Kaese! Taiyo" of the cult-like popular "Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)", the soundtrack version used in the movie was made into a record for the first time. "Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)" and "Shin Godzilla (2016)", which boast the largest number of mobilization in the Heisei Godzilla series, are the first 7-inch records of the inserted songs and songs.

The reprinted 7inch single record contains valuable past art. (* The recording form of art is different from the original board) The four new records will be recorded with completely new art.

[Complete First Press Limited Edition] [Analog Edition]
● 7inch single / 9-disc set
● BOX specifications

Contents recorded
DISC 1:
Side A
Godzilla
Side B
Our anguirus

DISC 2: From "Monster Great War"
Side A
Monster Great War March
Side B
Invasion of Astronomical War

DISC 3: "Godzilla, Minilla, Gabara All Monsters Great Advance" theme song
Side A
Monster march
Side B
Plump Plump

DISC 4: "Godzilla vs. Hedorah" theme song
Side A
Back! The sun (Part 1-3)
Side B
Back! The sun (Part 1-3 OFF VOCAL VERSION)

DISC 5: "Earth Attack Command Godzilla vs. Gaigan" theme song
Side A
Godzilla March
Side B
Defeat Gigan

DISC 6: "Godzilla vs. Megalo" theme song
Side A
Punch, punch, punch with Godzilla and Jet Jaguar
Side B
Defeat Megalo

DISC 7: "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" theme song
Side A
Miyarabi's prayer
Side B
Defeat Mechagodzilla

DISC 8: "Godzilla vs Mothra" theme song
Side A
Mothra song
Side B
Holy fountain

DISC 9: From "Shin Godzilla"
Side A
EM20_rhythm_GZM / Organization formation & Black Angels (Fob_10_1211) / Operation preparation
Side B
Great Space War / "Great Space War" / Operation Yashiori

* Regarding "Godzilla-san / Our Anguirus", it will be recorded as a new art, not a reproduction of the art of the SP record at that time.
* Product details and track list are subject to change without notice.
* BOX and new art designs will be announced at a later date.
* The record will be a donut board (large hall).
By ScoJo
Hot damn!

Another grail of mine coming in April - THE PARALLAX VIEW / Michael Small! One of my fave 70s thrillers and scores.

Red vinyl, gatefold sleeve, will include the spoken word 'Parallax Test', exclusive to this release (perfect for parties!)

74C8983B-71D0-4082-B347-CAD50C69172B-2863-00000552DEDC1CC0.png
74C8983B-71D0-4082-B347-CAD50C69172B-2863-00000552DEDC1CC0.png (279.77 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
By lazyben
There are more parallax versions:

'The Parallax View' will be available in limited edition red, blue or white vinyl of just 500 each. There is also a super limited edition white vinyl Abraham Lincoln ‘card stunt’ sleeve version. Limited to just 200 copies world wide, each copy comes with a removable Abraham Lincoln sticker placed over the “card stunt” depiction on the original cover.

I ordered the stupid limited one but with the shipping the price was nuts
By Hatter313
Who is putting that out? here's hoping Marathon Man to come given that those always seem to travel together. I just picked up the Blu for PV on the criterion flash sale
By Hatter313
Ah, thanks!
By Spun out of control
@deafmetal - that Godzilla 7-inch box set looks super cool, but I imagine the price will be (typically) hellish ;)

Love the cover art.

I paid 1800 Yen (around £12 or $17) for this original Toho single (VG quality, mind) in Mandarake in Japan a year and a bit ago, for what I assume is Destroy All Monsters, but haven't been able to find on Discogs as yet. I pretty much just grab whatever reasonably priced Godzilla vinyl I see when I see it.

Interestingly the original price sticker has it at 550 Yen.
Attachments
Japanese Godzilla Toho single cover.jpg
Japanese Godzilla Toho single cover.jpg (786.71 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Godzilla single reverse.jpg
Godzilla single reverse.jpg (773.79 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Godzilla single gatefold.jpg
Godzilla single gatefold.jpg (969.99 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Last edited by Spun out of control on Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By deafmetal
@Dollar - The set is 14k yen (~1555 yen/EP), but the shipping is a bear right now with EMS still shut down to the US. I like that 60's kaiju artwork on the Sonogram you picked up, very cool. I don't believe I have seen that one before. I think one of the best things from the 60's/70's "Bakemono Boom" is all great artwork that was created, and ditto for all the scifi/anime that went along with it.
By Dollarhyde
deafmetal wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:23 pm @Dollar - The set is 14k yen (~1555 yen/EP), but the shipping is a bear right now with EMS still shut down to the US. I like that 60's kaiju artwork on the Sonogram you picked up, very cool. I don't believe I have seen that one before. I think one of the best things from the 60's/70's "Bakemono Boom" is all great artwork that was created, and ditto for all the scifi/anime that went along with it.

@deaf

Not my kaiju, but @spun's. but agreed I love the artwork on these EPs and flexis. I wonder at the price if hunting down ogs would be much more. I have a nice ultra Q Flexi, and a crazy rainbow man 10" flexi will post some pics.

Also I guess everyone is already aware but the WW Godzilla mega box is available for preorder worldwide
By deafmetal
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:14 pm Not my kaiju, but @spun's. but agreed I love the artwork on these EPs and flexis. I wonder at the price if hunting down ogs would be much more. I have a nice ultra Q Flexi, and a crazy rainbow man 10" flexi will post some pics.
My bad, nice one, Gavin/Spun! Man, I am cratering with the details here today, so I should probably just stop posting. My head is just not in the game enough to even be on the 'net right now.

@Dollar - Yeah, it's difficult to get a feel for vintage prices as so many of them are not listed on discogs and my aucfan searches are hit or miss on some of these. I also am not exactly sure what specific recording is on the new Hedorah EP and some of those go for quite a lot and are very rare. I would say on average most of these go for at least 2500 yen minimum if you could find one. The main attraction other than nice, clean reissues being the '92 Mothra tracks and Shin Godzilla.
By Mateo Sanboval
That Shin Godzilla number is...*chef's kiss*
By Bezulsqy
a couple of releases from Vinyl Magic (re-presses?)

Alessandro Alessandroni, Francesco De Masi
Lesbo (LP):
https://www.soundohm.com/product/lesbo-ost

Egisto Macchi
Fauna Marina (LP Colour):
https://www.soundohm.com/product/fauna-marina-lp-colour

A new Morricone from Quartet Records:
https://www.soundohm.com/product/bandits-in-rome-lp

a 7" : https://www.soundohm.com/product/dillinger-e-morto-7
By Bezulsqy
I got this Sonorama 7” but it does not contain music but only some sort of Japanese audio play. Artwork is fantastic though. 12 pages in total.
Attachments
6C158101-CF24-4B6E-94DA-DA8BA9E0F285.jpeg
6C158101-CF24-4B6E-94DA-DA8BA9E0F285.jpeg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 2065 times
09908E75-69AE-4359-AB47-8E17F2658965.jpeg
09908E75-69AE-4359-AB47-8E17F2658965.jpeg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 2065 times
D02A4DF1-6544-40CB-BC57-580277AE7A8D.jpeg
D02A4DF1-6544-40CB-BC57-580277AE7A8D.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 2065 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Oh, I've see the inner left image of the first pic used in a few places before, but I've never seen it's Godzilla counterpart. Reminds me a bit of that one Polish Alien poster.
By deafmetal
@Bez - If I understand correctly, the Sonorama vinyl (and Sonosheet flexis) are children's storybook albums. More info here. The kaiju anatomy artwork is some of the coolest, and @Mateo is totally right, people have printed that Hedorah anatomy artwork on t-shirts and things.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:31 am @Bez - If I understand correctly, the Sonorama vinyl (and Sonosheet flexis) are children's storybook albums. More info here. The kaiju anatomy artwork is some of the coolest, and @Mateo is totally right, people have printed that Hedorah anatomy artwork on t-shirts and things.
Thanks for the straight dope, Deaf.
By Dollarhyde
My Ultra Q Sonorama Flexi. There are a few in this series. Like deaf says this is all drama, but a ton of cool vintage electronic FX all over the place. I love the amount of extra bits stuck into the package. Theres a calender a phone address book some kind of map of monster around the globe, a bit of sheet music etc...
It's at times like this that I wish I could read and understand the Japanese language.
Attachments
IMG_20210228_104815.jpg
IMG_20210228_104815.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 2022 times
IMG_20210228_104846.jpg
IMG_20210228_104846.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 2022 times
IMG_20210228_102133.jpg
IMG_20210228_102133.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2022 times
IMG_20210228_104424.jpg
IMG_20210228_104424.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 2022 times
IMG_20210228_104740.jpg
IMG_20210228_104740.jpg (2.77 MiB) Viewed 2022 times
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:54 am My Ultra Q Sonorama Flexi. There are a few in this series. Like deaf says this is all drama, but a ton of cool vintage electronic FX all over the place. I love the amount of extra bits stuck into the package. Theres a calender a phone address book some kind of map of monster around the globe, a bit of sheet music etc...
It's at times like this that I wish I could read and understand the Japanese language.
This is so damn cool, love the Calender art! Like fucked up Dr Seuss.

Why is there a pictoral roll-call of 50s Science Fiction bots and monsters I wonder? (Gort, Robbie, Two-headed mutant from This Island Earth...) and Universal monsters. Is the music related in some way?

Still jonesing hard for that Jap Invaders From Mars album...
By Dollarhyde
@scojo I had a listen. I don't think the story on the record is related to the universal monsters and Robbie etc... But I could be wrong. I only know a little about ultra q, which is it was to some degree a monster anthology show, different monster each week, and I think heavily influenced by the US Outer limits show, so maybe it was explaining what other monsters etc are out there, who knows?

Ultra q evolved into the ultraman series and I guess gave birth to tokusatsu.

Regarding that Japanese release, or rather rerelease,of Invader's from Mars, what I really want is the movie with that dub and rescore, it was released on VHS but not dvd. So curious to see how the music would fit into the movie as it's completely different.
By Hatter313
I want the roll call and the map as prints. Like big prints, like British quad size or maybe just wall paper. Yeah...wallpaper.