Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:41 pm That's a terrific looking set @Spun, great work all round. I'll go in search of samples from this one :)
It really is a beautiful redesign by EAL. I'll give my two cents here, since it's release in Nov '19 there has only been one album released by Spun that I've liked as much as Sleepers, that would be Hawksmoor's album. That's not to say I've disliked any other releases, it's just a confirmation of how strong this one in particular is.
By reddye6
Spun out of control wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:32 am If I may be so bold... newbie up for order from the Spun... Bandcamp today... for fans of the soundtracks to The X-Files, Twin Peaks... The Sleepers by Hattie Cooke on cool ‘Aquamarine Dream’ vinyl (shown)

Previously issued on sold out cassette, this 2021 edition of the album – dubbed ‘the director’s cut’ by Electronic Sound magazine – has been re-mastered for vinyl by Antony Ryan and features a newly added, specially recorded epic end track – also called ‘The Sleepers’. Artwork has been reimagined and visually ‘remixed’ by Eric Lee.

REVIEWS FOR THE SLEEPERS, ON VINYL:

“This director’s cut of the album has a warm beating heart that palpitates to touching effect,” says Bob Fischer, Electronic Sound magazine

“An intimate electronic record of depth, emotional heft & melodies you can sink into,” says John Hubner of Complex Distractions

PLUS… TODAY ONLY… 21% OFF ANY REMAINING MERCH!

As well as The Sleepers coming to vinyl for the first time… we’re celebrating the first Bandcamp Friday of 2021 by taking 21% off any remaining physical merch on our page (discounts already applied).

So if there are any gaps in your Spun Out Of Control record collection – the next 24 hours is the best time to fill ‘em, as we clear space for our 2021 releases!

Don’t ‘sleep’ on our offerings though… as Bandcamp Friday ends 8am Sat 6th UK time, 9am EU time, or midnight PST. Go to: https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/merch

Once again, a big thank you for your support & enjoy the sounds!
Is Two Headed Dog going to be carrying this release?
By reddye6
Spun out of control wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:15 pm @reddye6

Ben at THD told me he's putting this one up today... so maybe check back at the site in a bit ;)

@inksb

Funnily enough, something new from Hawksmoor might be what's up next... but keep it to yourself.
Tis up and purchased!
By ScoJo
It was mentioned in passing somewhere else, but just to say -

EYES WIDE SHUT OST on 2xLP black vinyl released March 30th.

By vinyljunkie
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:44 am It was mentioned in passing somewhere else, but just to say -

Mondo or someone else? Where'd you see it?
By ScoJo
vinyljunkie wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:32 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:44 am It was mentioned in passing somewhere else, but just to say -

Oops, forgot to say sorry - yep Mondo.
By vinyljunkie
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:57 pm
vinyljunkie wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:32 pm

Oops, forgot to say sorry - yep Mondo.
Cool, thanks!
By Revolver_OcelScott
static14 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:08 pm God I hope this new pressing of The Fountain sounds better than the first. :(
Hoping for the same. I'm kinda worried that they haven't been posting how many available and just say "it's limited" I usually have no problem getting mondo drops, but I wanna get The Fountain AND In the Mood for Love and I'm worried about it selling out while adding both.

Scalpers have been getting worse across all limited items in the past few months (consoles, prints, video cards, etc)
By deafmetal
The Fountain went quick. I hope you all were able to get a copy if you wanted one. I also picked up In The Mood For Love on black vinyl. It was good to see a 2LP for under $40 again.
By inksb
I was surprised to see The Fountain go so fast. I grabbed In the Mood For Love on black as well. I see Mongo jacked up their media mail prices even though it hasn't gone up at the USPS. $7 now, that's two dollars shy of Priority for a record.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Got my In the Mood for Love (Black) and The Fountain and even decided to make it riskier by using a gift card and CC instead of instant PayPal!

I had sold my Splatter Fountain last year when someone on here said there was a repress coming. The prior splatter was so bad, really hoping this one is good.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:25 pm I was surprised to see The Fountain go so fast. I grabbed In the Mood For Love on black as well. I see Mongo jacked up their media mail prices even though it hasn't gone up at the USPS. $7 now, that's two dollars shy of Priority for a record.
Media Mail in general went up at the USPS. Single LPs were costing me 3.33 before, now it's close to 3.50. Not justifying it, just sayin.
By inksb
I have zero recollection of that score. I never really liked Arcade Fire or Owen Pallett but I guess I should investigate as it seems a lot of people are excited for this one.
By Mateo Sanboval
Mondo charged $7 since they started using printed pailers early on. They backed off for a while, but they were always going to go back.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:01 am Mondo charged $7 since they started using printed pailers early on. They backed off for a while, but they were always going to go back.
According to my sales history on their website Mondo charged $5 for shipping 2016-18, 2019 it went up to $5.95, it stayed at that price for all my purchases until at least July 29 2020. My next purchase as in December 2020 and it went up to $6.95 somewhere between July and December of last year. I didn't even notice the price hike at that point. Maybe they were doing $7 for media mail prior to 2016, I don't have sales history on that account for records in 14-15, just posters and figures.